It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:13 pm 

I was over at the existing DRC Site and discovered an old phases sections, and wondered if any of these may become viable again. Some are open, some suspended, and some TBD... anyone have any thoughts about these old DRC timelines? -

Age Names: Current Phase: *Estimated Date:

Ae'gura Docks Open
Ae'gura Library Open+
Ae'gura Museum Open+
Ahnonay Phase Four Suspended
City Proper Phase One Suspended
City Interior 0054 Phase Two Suspended
City Interior 0062 Phase One Suspended
City Interior 0078 Phase One Suspended
City Interior 0080
Open
Dahtamnay
Phase One Suspended
Dereno Phase Two Suspended
Eder Delin Phase Three TBD
Eder Gira
Open+
Eder Kemo
Open+
Eder Tsogahl Phase ThreeTBD
Er'cana Phase Four Suspended
Gahreesen
Open+
Great Tree Pub
Phase Four Suspended
Great Zero
Open+
Guild Hall Phase One Suspended
Hood Game Room Phase Two TBD
J'taeri District Phase One Suspended
Kadish Tolesa
Open+
Kahlo Phase Four Suspended
Kalamee
Phase One Suspended
Katha Island Phase One TBD
K'veer Phase Three Suspended
Laki Phase Four Suspended
Negilahn Phase Four Suspended
Neighborhoods Open+
Noloben Phase Four Suspended
Pento Phase One Suspended
Pirahnay
Phase One Suspended
Rahtevnee Phase Two TBD
Rebek
Phase Two Suspended
"Restorers" Pub Phase FourSuspended
Sunken Vessel (Ae'gura) Phase One Suspended
Teledahn
Open+
Todelmer Phase Four Suspended
Uran (Silo) Phase Four Suspended
Venalem Phase One Suspended
0023 Unknown Phase Two Suspended

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:01 pm 

All the suspension notices are from 2004, when everything on there save the single-player Ages available as part of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and the first expansion to D'ni was switched to Suspended status. It's no longer accurate, as I'm sure you can tell from Eder Delin's status. :)

Still, I really hope we'll get some new updates. It was always so SAD back in the day to go on there and see all the wonderful new ages, with 'suspended' stamped after them. :(

Sosiqui in Cavern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:37 pm 

I read the note about the opening on the 15th and that they would release another Garden Age. I assume it would be the sister to Eder Delin... maybe Eder Tsogahl? Either way it sounded like another multi-player age that will need cooperation among individuals.

I think what is dissapointing about the Eder Delin gig is the fact that it seems unrealted to the Yeesha cycle. I did a check: 1) created an alternate explorer and came to the new hood and found the Eder Delin book sitting there...

Now for all the new users it might become confusing to enter a realm that has no solution, and is totally unrelated to the Yeesha storyline. It seems that for users the new books should only appear after they have completed the Yeesha Cycle.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems for someone who has never played Myst nor the other cd/dvd versions of the game and will not read or have interest in the forums that it might be like a maze without end with these other strange Ages appearing before the original quest is completed... :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

earthwizard wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems for someone who has never played Myst nor the other cd/dvd versions of the game and will not read or have interest in the forums that it might be like a maze without end with these other strange Ages appearing before the original quest is completed... :?

Uru does not exist in a vacuum.. there is a VERY strong chance that before someone plays Uru, that they'll read at least the promotional material or description for it first, and in all these descriptions it says it is a live game with new content being added all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:45 am 
Obduction Backer

I really don't see a problem with them finding those ages first, anyway. It won't do any damage to find Eder Delin before completing Yeesha's journey, even if they manage to open the door with a group, it's certainly not going to hurt anything.

Heck, what about the Great Zero? They can get there too... and start helping with the recalibration. They won't get very far without the links that they get from the journey, but even so, it's an option.

Uru is a very open ended game... there'll definitely be a lot more options than taking Yeesha's journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:12 am 
Creative Kingdoms

I've seen it suggested that those multi-user ages were chosen and put in a neighborhood to include visitor access because of their small size and specifically because it does demonstrate a multi-user puzzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:40 am 
Obduction Backer

And also, I suspect, to perhaps foster an opportunity for a new explorer to quickly meet and work with other explorers, perhaps developing stong and lasting bonds among a core group of new friends based, in part, on solving, together, the challenges they encounter.

Sounds like a formula for a great start in URU to me.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:10 pm 

earthwizard wrote:
I read the note about the opening on the 15th and that they would release another Garden Age. I assume it would be the sister to Eder Delin... maybe Eder Tsogahl? Either way it sounded like another multi-player age that will need cooperation among individuals.

Yah Eder Tsogahl will be the one released on 15th. Seeing as it's the only Garden Age we know of that hasn't been released yet.

Anyways, right now we know for sure we're going to get Ahnonay and Er'cana somewhere in the future... as for the other Ages...It's be cool if they returned to some of them like Negilahn or Kahlo for example! :O Is there anyone who wouldn't love to finally be able to explore those Ages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 am 

Um.. Like *doode*! This is Uru *Live*. We are not going to be limited to ages that have been in Uru before..
Of *course* there will be brand-new never-seen-before Ages..

*shakes head* What part of "Live" do you not understand? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

One interesting note...

The letters TBD (to be determined?) by five of those ages/areas on the list were added relatively recently... I think during the May 2006 update.

Since we've already obtained access to Eder Delin, and it seems quite obvious that Eder Tsogahl is up next... I begin to wonder if we will soon see the Hood Game Room, Katha Island, and Rahtevnee.

Just a thought.

:) :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:27 pm 

Oooh! Hopefully Katha Island will come out in March (this is assuming they will continue to do only one new age every month)!

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 am 
Obduction Backer

I think we'll get Er'cana after Tsogal, since Nick White spent a lot of time there recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that Nick said that Rahtevnee had been suspended... he didn't say the name of the age, but his description matched the one that Kodama gave in one of the Town Halls.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]