It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:08 pm 

I was in some bevin yesterday and we started up a conversion on the fact that after getting some Relto pages, Relto begins to really resemble the old Myst Island!

1. Once you get the dock, doesn't remind you of your first link-in on Myst? It's just missing a sunken ship...

2. As you travel up the small hill in your Relto, you turn to the right and enter a hut, like the main library on Myst. You also notice a small mountain behind the hut, where you would get many clues to puzzles in Myst.

3. You head up a hill inbetween the hut and dock(where you may or may not have a river flowing) and notice that it reminds you of the massive gears in Myst.

4. Now, for the old musical rocket in Myst, you could either go down a path on the side of the island, or maybe you recognized it from the bridge found in Cleft. The corners of this do look like the ones which led to the rocket (where you might have a certain sparkly).

5. Now we move on into the wooded area. Before entering do you remember the symbol puzzle uncovering the ship? Those old poles which held the symbols deffinitely remind me of the four poles/book holders in the middle of Relto.

6. Now back in Myst, we keep moving into the forest area. In Relto there are no buildings like in Myst, but how about a tree that we have watched grow up? Of course, on Myst this is where we linked to the cool flooded tree place which I loved. So these two both have the tree much taller than the rest.

7. As move farther down to the end of Myst Island you are amazed by the great clock out on a small island which leads to opening the gears. Now in Relto, I do think that in TPOTS, you recieve a large D'ni clock out on an island if you manage to win? (I never got to play TPOTS, but this is what I hear).

8. Overall, it sounds like Relto may be designed of of Myst. For further support, the facts and timeline should make sense. Yeesha may have only been born after the family moved to Tomahna, but it is very likely that she spent time in Myst later in her life, especially when Myst is included in TPOTS. Of course then she created Relto for us.

There you go, eight reasons why Relto is most likely based off of the one and only Myst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have you beaten Yeesha's journey yet?

[spoiler=Yeesha Speech]She tells us in her second Cleft speech that she originally wrote Relto as a gift for her parents, to resemble the Myst island. Yes, Yeesha herself confirmed that she designed Relto to specifically resemble Myst.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:14 pm 

Oh, ok. When she spoke a lot of times I couldn't hear or some other problem. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

yogayoda wrote:
Oh, ok. When she spoke a lot of times I couldn't hear or some other problem. :oops:

Haha, that and after a while no one listens to her. If you are ever wondering what it is she said, maybe try checking here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:47 am 

I started this discussion here: http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic ... myst+relto

Please add your input to this discussion.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:19 pm 

I have assumed that the sundial and stone well/donut/whatever are more mimiced Myst island features ever since I first saw them.

Too coincidental, ya know? ;)

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:35 pm 

I beg to differ, Kia. While the Tree, and the sparkle holder thing, is that what your calling the sundial, are in the correct spots for the Tree and Rocket on Myst. But the Well is in the wrong spot. To match the location of its Myst counterpart it needs to be more in the center of Relto and in front of the hut instead of off to the side. Of course its possible they moved it cause of the pillars, and the fissure when it opens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:05 pm 

I was not refering to the stone "well" in Relto as the water fountain in myst, I was referring to it as the steam powered tree that leads you to Channelwood.

I only called it a stone "well" because that is what I have heard several people call it...I figured more people would know what I was talking about if I used that name. I personally do not believe it looks anything like a well... I just don't have a better name for it right now, LOL

Somehow "stone donut holder" just doesn't sound right either.... :lol:

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

You have seen this, haven't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2qj47fx9s

If not, go now. :)

I literally wept the first time I saw it, right after I finally got into beta. I still tear up when I watch it. :oops:

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:37 pm 

Kia your talking about that fountain thing with the ship in it on Myst right. Thats what I was refering to when I mentioned well. It is still in the center of the island and directly in front of the Library on Myst. To me if that well is supposed to be the fountain then it is still in the wrong spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:17 pm 

Here's what you are saying:

Kia says "Stone ring in relto is analogous to circular platform holding the myst tree."
Raniass'i says "Stone ring in relto is not analogous to the well in Myst holding the toy ship."

See? You are in agreement.

I say "Cleft pillar in relto is analogous to the well in Myst holding the toy ship."

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:55 am 

Owehn clarrified what I was trying to say...sorry, words and me are non-mixy today.

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:18 am 

Kerryth wrote:

I literally wept the first time I saw it, right after I finally got into beta. I still tear up when I watch it. :oops:

Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:31 pm 

IanWatson wrote:
Kerryth wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Just watched it for the first time, and had the same reaction as Kerryth. Terrific video, Ian!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:16 pm 

That was a great video. :shock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next