It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:01 pm 

But surely Cyan has figured out by now that, to its fans, there's no such thing as "out of sight somewhere."

This group will find ANYthing, eventually. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

As mentioned earlier, the Fly Mode hack opened up all kinds of interesting scenery, and I also found familiar objects lurking behind the scenes. Myst V was particularly interesting with the ghostly Esher floating out in space. But there were also instances of the tablets also hiding backstage.

Some of you who "flew" around Uru back in the day may remember the parchment Kadish document floating behind the vault, or the hanging willow frond outside Eder Kemo. And even without Fly Mode, it was possible to see the Relto "Cleft" hiding down below the island, if you made your way to the nearest small island while the cleft was open. (Well actually, it was the chunk of soil that was removed to form the cleft that we were seeing.)

As I suggested earlier, Fly Mode was sort of like taking a theatre tour, and we were free to wander behind the sets and scenery. Far from spoiling the experience for me, it gave me a deeper appreciation of the complexity of these worlds that Cyan has given us.

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 am 
Obduction Backer

I have have a thought that will fire up more curiosity about this mysterious sun/moon calendar thing. Before this dial calendar thing all time-telling devices were D'ni which ment they went by dni time. This is clearly made for earth people since it goes by our time wich is different than the D'ni's. It's seems obvious the Yeesha made it for us (thought it's not confirmed) but why? Why not go by D'ni calendar? I mean you could say it's for conveinece but we have a d'ni clock, not an earth clock so why make it go by an earth calendar instead of an d'ni calendar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 am 

It's probably easily explained. All twelve lights are already in our reltos- when we collect one every month, it doesn't add a new one, it simply moves it up onto our little circular collection. Technical bug, obviously, but explainable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3