It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about reintroducing earlier content for a limited time?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 am
I missed it and would like an opportunity. 26%  26%  [ 26 ]
I've been in already, but I think this would be a good thing this time. 34%  34%  [ 34 ]
I don't think this should happen. 39%  39%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 99
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 am 
Obduction Backer

So here's the story. My friend is playing Uru for the first time in Uru: CC. I recruit him over to Live. "That's still in beta, right?" "Yeah, but you need to get in now." He gets in now. "There are a couple of things you need to get right away--the first-month shirt, and the wisp in Gahreeson. I'm not really sure about the wisp, but we think that might be gone in Feb." "You mean the thing in the hallway in the fortress?" "Yeah" "Already got it." As it turns out, for whatever reason he didn't get it--I think because he didn't have the host relto addition yet. He was so disappointed. :cry:

OK, the point has been established that explorers need to be active to get the full rewards. I don't think that point would at all be hurt by issuing an extention on the January stuff all the way through the end of February, for the following reason: The game is still in "beta", and while many are excited by that, many others see that as a caution sign. It's like putting limited-edition kazoos in a cereal that's still pending FDA approval. I don't want to denigrate the efforts of the beta explorers, but I feel like it would be an inviting gesture to newcomers to extend a limited-time opportunity at launch to collect these special items. Not to mention our international friends.

Come on, nothing embodies the spirit of Groundhog's Day so much as getting many, many, several more second chances at something! Oh great Cyanists, will you take piano lessons, or focus on small-town journalism? (I allllmost made those the poll options)

Bryan: 00120717

Last edited by RushLimbaughUnderstands on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:59 am 

I would guess that he will be able to get the first spark again next January.

I am a bit confused at the first month t-shirt. I, like a lot of people, assumed that the first month meant the first month after release. However, I anticipate a lot more exclusive content, so I'm not too worried. Of course, I have the shirt, so that may have some effect on my mood. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm 

I think that it won't matter. Cyan will just pop a sparkly somewhere in an age every month and people will be able to collect it whenever and the time when they complete the spiral is the only thing determined. Hopefully missing a sparkly won't prevent you from getting content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

My prediction is that some stuff will reset to a baseline of sorts and the stuff we have been testing will roll out on some sort of schedule. I hope things like the first month t-shirt will go away and come back in March.

But hopefully Cyan will let us keep the goodies we have already found, but I wouldn't mind getting a substitute like a Beta T-shirt similar to the one Cyan gave out after the 2003 beta :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm betting missing a blue flame WILL mean you're going to miss content, but I think it'll be something along the lines of Myst or something. Something special for those who have been subscribing (and participating) for a full year.

That said, I wish it hadn't been tied to the 12 months. 10 months and spread it out to one every six weeks or so? That would have been nicer.

And, unless I'm mistaken, I'm betting that when the year loops 'round to January again, the blue flame in Gahreesen will be back, so people will have the chance to pick it up again.

And I'm betting that the First Month shirt is never coming back. "First. Month." Get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:59 pm 

The first month shirts not coming back for sure after March 15th, Having had it here in Open is just a touch confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I hope that there will be exclusive content that won't have second chances -- that adds to the sense of a truly changing world. Right now it may feel like people are missing out on important things, but when Live really gets going, there will always be new content and things for people. This game is an MMO so it shouldn't give in to those who don't want any multiplayer Ages. This game is a puzzle game so it shouldn't give in to those who want a quick way to get through the Ages without doing puzzles. And it's meant to be a changing, evolving world, so it shouldn't give in to those who don't want anything exclusive or one-time only.

I hate to sound harsh, but all these features enrich the world. Over the years, we'll get more variety with those who have certain things or access to certain Ages. But there won't be a lack of things to do or explore for people who missed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:52 pm 

MustardJeep wrote:
The first month shirts not coming back for sure after March 15th, Having had it here in Open is just a touch confusing.

The point is, it's been and GONE already. It's not even going to be there February 15th, as far as I can tell.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I always assumed the first month t-shirt to mean the first month after official release, but since nothing was guaranteed about the sparkly beforehand, I figure it's just a way for some to be able to show and say, I was here during beta! Just a sort of trophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

The first sparkly certainly wasn't there for a whole month. :( Or did I just find out about it really, really late? :cry:

I've been expecting the t-shirt to go away for a long time, but I was surprised when it finally did.

"The Beginning" seems to be a very nebulous concept in MOUL. :?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
The first sparkly certainly wasn't there for a whole month. :( Or did I just find out about it really, really late? :cry:

I've been expecting the t-shirt to go away for a long time, but I was surprised when it finally did.

"The Beginning" seems to be a very nebulous concept in MOUL. :?

It might have been there since January 1st and no one reported it until the 16th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

When was the Live Build 2 rollout?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

"It might have been there since January 1st and no one reported it until the 16th."

Never underestimate the attentive scrutiny of this crowd. :) I can imagine something like that being unnoticed for, oh, 24 hours. No longer.

(I discovered it on my own, let me note. Then looked on the forums, and saw posts about it dated the same day. Now, I don't go running through that corridor every day, or even every week. But *somebody* does, I bet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Given how fast stuff shows up here you must be right 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:16 pm 

Moleculor wrote:
That said, I wish it hadn't been tied to the 12 months. 10 months and spread it out to one every six weeks or so? That would have been nicer.

And, unless I'm mistaken, I'm betting that when the year loops 'round to January again, the blue flame in Gahreesen will be back, so people will have the chance to pick it up again.

Did i mis something? Has it really been said that these are to be one a month? So far, they've been released 2 weeks apart....
:?: :?:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next