It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about reintroducing earlier content for a limited time?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 am
I missed it and would like an opportunity. 26%  26%  [ 26 ]
I've been in already, but I think this would be a good thing this time. 34%  34%  [ 34 ]
I don't think this should happen. 39%  39%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 99
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nine-O-Nine wrote:
Moleculor wrote:
That said, I wish it hadn't been tied to the 12 months. 10 months and spread it out to one every six weeks or so? That would have been nicer.

And, unless I'm mistaken, I'm betting that when the year loops 'round to January again, the blue flame in Gahreesen will be back, so people will have the chance to pick it up again.

Did i mis something? Has it really been said that these are to be one a month? So far, they've been released 2 weeks apart....
:?: :?:

Eh, you're right. I'm just assuming again, due to the thing being released right on the 1st, and the things being numbered according to the month it appears in.

It could be a two week cycle, rather than a monthly one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:59 am 

well i dunno... i though it might have been mentioned. Lots of stuff coming out, lately, left and right and center.... i'm bound to miss stuff - lots, even.

Right, now, i'm just going on a "wait and see", but if you saw something real.... i was hoping to know. :D

Who knows: the next one may come in 19 days, for all we know... lol. When it comes out, we'll have a better idea. Or if someone at Cyan leaks out the info, 1st... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

I actually suspect that the blue flames will not be on ANY sort of schedule, unless they have all the ages and places they're going to appear already prepared right this very instant. Which, I suppose, is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 am 

I voted for:

"I missed it but am willing to wait for the cycle of 12"

Assuming it will come back; I'll only be X days behind. Of course if it doesn't come back; I'll choke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:38 am 

I think the thing about there being one a month and you missing it for whatever reason. And you not getting content cause you missed a sparkle is wrong. There are going to be new subscribers and they shouldn't be punished cause they missed a sparkle cause they didn't subscribe till say June.

I missed the one in Gahreesen. I didn't know it was there till someone told me. And then cause of my internet connection not being the fastest I had trouble even getting to it, read lag on my end. Now I don't think I should be punished. I think what needs to be done is set it so that as long as you get 12 sparkles you get the reward no matter if you play 365 days a year or 12 days a year. That is only fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:48 am 

Yes, give us another chance :shock:

As one of those people who can only get in occasionally due to a URU technical problem ('0 seconds remaining' at post log-in update) I've been very frustrated at not having access to things that appear in game only for a short time. (Though I am lucky compared to those who haven't been able to get in at all :cry:).

I'm a keen and dedicated fan. I participate when I can (which would be more often if it weren't for the log-in update problem). My money is a s good as anyone elses.

Please, make allowance for those who are at the 'beta' end of pre-launch URU and give another chance at these things.

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 am 

What if there was a system where the ResEngs could dole out the temporary items to deserving people if they had technical problems. A better idea would be a quest or special action that people can do if they did not get the items while they were freebies. I duno. There definatly should be some sort of harder way to fill in you collection later. Mabey if people could share items.
Ok im rambling now, I will shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:59 am 
Obduction Backer

I've been thinking along similar lines, Ancient Player. My suggestion for those who couldn't get to the Gahreesen sparklie for technical reasons is to raise a bug report / feature request with Support. The solution could be as simple as a database change to turn the sparklie on in your relto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:21 pm 

I say no to returning the temporary content, unless it is in a cycle as the sparklies seems to be. Otherwise, what is the point of even having the content go away? It's to show that you found it in the first place, and you were THERE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

There will ALWAYS be someone, somewhere, who didn't have time, or couldn't make it, or couldn't manage to find it, or forgot, or had internet problems, or has latency issues, etc etc.

If Cyan makes an exception this time, people are going to be asking for another exception two weeks from now, or a month from now, or whatever. Ad nauseum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:55 pm 

My approach to the "game" is that it isn't a game. We are visiting a real place which changes over time. I don't expect a holographic replay of Cate at the top of the Great Stairs because that's not how the real world acts. Goodies are like flowers that bloom and then wither: if you're not there to pick the flower, you'll have to wait for its next annual blooming cycle. T-shirts that say "I was there at the beginning" should go to people who were there at the beginning. (And while in real life we could exchange those items with one another, I like the fact that MO:UL has no economy for now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:25 am 

I don't think they should extend it. Having some content available only for a limited time will keep people playing instead of canceling their subscriptions and resubscribing once a year just to get the new stuff.

I know I won't be able to get every single piece of content in the game. Whether it be because of how often I play, or because of which 'side' I choose, or for any other reason. And I like that. If I miss one thing, there will always be something else to get. Hey, I might even get somthing different in place of the one thing that everybody else got. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:56 am 

There is certainly need to have more items that you can only choose one out of, lets say, three. That way you get more unique combinations of clothing and Reltos. My only reservation about this course of action is for people (I'm included in this) who like to "collect". I can certainly see the appeal of having it all. The restriction of having certain items mutually exclusive detracts from the (I HATE this tag line but it does in some ways work) U-R-U (you are you) atmosphere of the game.
Well me thinks me's work is done
De'Narran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:00 am 

I think that it would break the storyline a bit

However, I don't really care. It doesn't effect me.

But I don't think they would because it would break a future storyline probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:46 am 

lego_addict wrote:
But I don't think they would because it would break a future storyline probably.

I'm sure Cyan will want to ensure continuity of story line for players.

We all have lives outside URU, and that means we will get occasional gaps in our participation in URU. Whether it is due to a vacation, a temporary change in work, a relative dying, technical problems, moving house, whatever - we can expect that people who play URU, no matter how dedicated, will occasionally have longer than normal, possibly unscheduled, breaks way from the game.

I trust Cyan has taken this into account, and designed the storyline to provide (good enough) continuity for those players who must miss a particular month for some reason.

Zen KI# 55764

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next