It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:45 am 

Hello all!

I myself have played all the Myst games, most of my family have played more than a few of them. I am currently playing Uru Live. My son has been watching ovwer my shoulder most of today, ohhhing and ahhhing over it. (He's currently playing the standalone again due to the current situation).

The current situation is this:

You can install the Uru Live Beta on more than one computer, but only 1 user can log onto an account. If more than 1 tries, the other is bumped off.

Wouldn't it be great, both for us the users, and for Cyan/GameTap, to offer families the chance to experience Uru Live as a family, with out paying for multiple accounts?

What do you think? Drop a line here with your opinions and maybe they will hear us!!!!

Thanks for your time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 am 
Obduction Backer

there is a family plan. wife and i are one account, two computers. i think you can have up to 5 or 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 am 

If you have a GameTap account, you can make 7 sub-accounts. Unfortunately, only 2 accounts can be logged in at one time. Which I think is a bit odd. :?

But, yeah, it would be nice to be able to play with (more than one other member of) my family. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:10 am 

Quote:
"there is a family plan. wife and i are one account, two computers. i think you can have up to 5 or 6."

You and your wife can play at the same time? I didn't think that was possible off of one Uru Live logon?. Can you elaborate?

Quote:
"But, yeah, it would be nice to be able to play with (more than one other member of) my family. "

That's my point, (although I wasn't aware that you can have up to 6 sub accounts on 1 main account, until just a few minutes ago.).

But I personally have 2 other family members (maybe 3 if my wife was interested) that would love to explore with me.

I just sent an email to Gametap to get their official word on this subject, or at least submit my suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:12 am 
Obduction Backer

yes, we play at same time on two differnt computers.

family plan. 8 members

http://www.gametap.com/home/jsps/feature2.jsp

Last edited by semplerfi on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:12 am 

I am trying to imagine a big family of 8 people trying to solve the Delin
door puzzle and compaining about router lag. :lol: :D :lol:

If all the people were very honnest, it would be a good idea but I can see
some, using it for sharing one billing account. (new kind of neighborhood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:25 am 
Obduction Backer

here it is. only two at once.

URL addy shortened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:40 am 

Quote:
Can multiple screen names be online at the same time on the same network using a router?

Yes, a maximum of two screen names that are associated with the same account can access the GameTap and be online at the same time.

That's what the Gametap website says, but I wonder how that works when the Uru Live authentication serve will kick the first person off if a second tried to log on. (I tried this today, to see if I could get my son online as well. He got bumped when I logged on).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:07 am 
Obduction Backer

What I'm going to post here is for educational use only. How you use it (for good or evil) is in your own hands.

Alright. If you set up the sub accounts on GameTap, it's true that you can only login with two of the accounts at a time.

HOWEVER.

Uru is a little more forgiving. If you make more than one sub-account, all of those accounts can be online in Uru at the same time, if you're logging in using the standalone launcher instead of through the GameTap launcher.

So if you can create up to seven sub-accounts, that means all seven of those accounts can technically be online at the same time, as long as the main account holder continues to pay the fee. But this only applies to Uru Live, nothing else in the GameTap client will really work in this method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mirage,

Each GameTap sub-account is treated by the Uru Live server as a separate login.

Basically, the login name and password for each main account/sub-account is the same for GameTap as it is for Uru Live.

So, if my main account is [email protected] and my daughter has a subaccount, [email protected], we can both log into our GameTap accounts and play Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:56 pm 

Hmmm... That sounds great! I wrote Gametap last night, just to get further clarification, but if that's really how it works that would be awesome! Once I get official word, I'll post it here.

Thanks to everyone for their input and clarification!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I hope that the internationals will get this option as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

My wife and I have been playing in the same private age using two computers, one gametap account and a sub, a wired router, and a cable modem and it works fine.

Post subject: sub account
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:49 pm 

My wife and I are playing on seperate laptops connected to a wireless router on DSL Modem. We both log in on Gametap (main acct. & sub acct.)and have had no problems playing together. Once in while we cannot get into ferry terminal at the same time but I think that it is an unrelated problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mirage wrote:
Hmmm... That sounds great! I wrote Gametap last night, just to get further clarification, but if that's really how it works that would be awesome! Once I get official word, I'll post it here.

Thanks to everyone for their input and clarification!

That's fine... but others have already contacted GameTap to verify that an account and sub-account can log on at the same time... or two sub-accounts. They wanted to make sure it's all "a-okay"... and GameTap customer support verified that it was meant to be that way.

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next