It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:20 am 

Well, I kept getting an error with Uru (content could not be accessed, if persistent, contact GameTap) as well as with another title via GameTap so I thought I would uninstall it all and start over.

When I went to reinstall, my password wouldn't work, and I promptly ran out of attempts, so it wouldn't let me keep trying.

I called GameTap and they said they couldn't help because I've got a beta account.

I put a ticket down a while ago and it hasn't been serviced from what I can tell (although the name on the "serviced by" changed from a name to "Client Logic"). Any ideas what I can do to expedite the process? This is rather agitating. I feel confident that GameTap wouldn't pull this once the actual regular play starts since they were very quick to try to help, but right now I have to go through Cyan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:23 am 

To me it sounds like Gametap don't want your money. So what if you have a beta account. They shouldn't say that they can't help ya cause if you have a free account.

Ya see I see it like this. If its not fixed you may not be able to login when you become a paying customer and me I would be like why should I pay for this if I can't login.

Submitting a ticket to Cyan I think would just turn around and would end being useless. They will probably say contact Gametap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:49 am 

--and now actually HELPING.

Greydragon posted Here about making your beta account a paid one.

THIS post by Lbell may be relevant as well.

From what I remember, Gametap cannot help you because you don't HAVE a Gametap account because you only got an account with MOUL because of testing. So Cyan are the ones you need to talk to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:34 am 

Whilyam wrote:
From what I remember, Gametap cannot help you because you don't HAVE a Gametap account because you only got an account with MOUL because of testing. So Cyan are the ones you need to talk to.

This is correct. The GT rep said they couldn't access my account because I was a beta tester, and to go through Cyan.

Anyhow, I've finally gotten my response, thank goodness! I bet the delay is because Cyan is servicing things, not GameTap. I'll be more patient next time.

(Feel free to lock this topic then!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:03 am 

They got back again with me rather quickly even though I replied an hour after they did.

It is now fixed. Hooray! In the middle of fixing it, I even managed to forget that the support and GT passwords are different. Silly me. I'm not sure why it worked this time when it didn't earlier, though, as I didn't make that mistake earlier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 am 
Obduction Backer

That's great news!

I guess I'll go ahead and lock this topic since the problem seems to be solved. (Feel free to start a new thread for any other questions you have or problems you might encounter.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]