It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:07 pm 

I'm in the middle of exams right now and I don't have the time to try something I was thinking about the other day. Maybe it's been already solved :oops: or is being taken care of, but I'll explain my idea just in case:

Is it possible to finish the game without doing the desert?

You can get Teledahn's book through the Bahro stone at the dock. The Garrison book through Teledahn's Bahro stone, etc.

So you can get (conjecture) all the books without going through the desert -and with no pillars in your Relto.

Now, still speculating, can you return the pillars from the Bahro cave without having them in your Relto?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

In theory, if cyan hasnt checked for the presence of your pillars in the relto you could finsih the ages via other people's version of the ages, and somehow conjure up some totems, but i doubt its supposed to work this way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

You could maybe get the Kadish book through the Kadish Gallery from the City side.

How can you get the Eder Gira or Eder Kemo books without opening a pillar? Can't think of any way off the top of my head, but 75% of my attention is on work right now. 8)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:12 pm 

No, you can't. MagooChris has tried it, as have others (D'Lanor, Rusty and others, I believe). You have to get the pillars page from the Cleft. You can get the Eder's books by visiting someone else's Kemo, then linking back to Gira, and then back to Kemo again. But as far as returning the pillars without having got them? Nope, no can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm 

Well, first of all, you don't really "finish" the game, though you do finish the standalone quest.

However, to answer your question, no that is not possible. You can't return the pillars to the second cave until you have sent them to your Relto, and you can't send them to your Relto unless you have the four posts, which you can't get without visiting the Cleft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:04 pm 

you can get all of your age books and the city book and go to the bahro caves but when you hit the hand to send the pillar to your relto it dissolves and reappears in the bahro cave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 pm 

Tiana wrote:
you can get all of your age books and the city book and go to the bahro caves but when you hit the hand to send the pillar to your relto it dissolves and reappears in the bahro cave.

It's a really neat effect, too. It disappears as usual, but comes back in an almost Star-Trek-transporter kind of way, even before the sparks from the disappearance are all gone.

[spoiler=Image of Bounced Totem]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:37 pm 

It is possible (Do you really need to take and return the pillars? What do you actually need to complete the main quest?), but a) you don't get the stone sections in your relto and b) it's a hassle to get the books you need. Not only that, but you're unlikely to really complete the ages.

In other words, it's discouraged. There's a 'right' way to complete the journey, and you miss out on some things if you don't take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:57 pm 

No, last I checked, it's definitely possible (although it requires going to the cleft to complete it)...

Go to other people's, already completed ages. Go to their bahro cave. Note the symbol on the floor. Do this for all four ages. Then go to the cleft and enter that combination. You should see the ending sequence.

But you'll miss out on most of the stuff, it's true.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

maratanos, I think you can't get into other peoples bahrocaves.
When 2 people finish an age toigether and link in the Bahrocave each ends up in his own version. Also if you yourself have not touched all Journey clothes the age will not be registering you completing it and not give you a working link to the bahrocave.
Granted i have not tried this out, but to me it sounds reasonable that to enter the Bahrocaves you have to follow the story and rules to get the recognition, you have to be active on the Journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:32 pm 

HannaGertie wrote:
maratanos, I think you can't get into other peoples bahrocaves.
When 2 people finish an age toigether and link in the Bahrocave each ends up in his own version. Also if you yourself have not touched all Journey clothes the age will not be registering you completing it and not give you a working link to the bahrocave.
Granted i have not tried this out, but to me it sounds reasonable that to enter the Bahrocaves you have to follow the story and rules to get the recognition, you have to be active on the Journey.

No. You cannot enter other people's bahro caves. But you do not need to complete your age to enter your own... Just go to somebody else's age, and get them to open the door for you. then go through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maratanos wrote:
No. You cannot enter other people's bahro caves. But you do not need to complete your age to enter your own... Just go to somebody else's age, and get them to open the door for you. then go through.

I just tried this a few days ago. I got to the back of the cave and...

Nothing.

I was able to hit journey cloths in my friend's age and have them count towards my own, though. I suspect if I'd done that, then had him open the door, it would have taken me to the cave. I'll have to try that when I'm bored some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 am 

wccrawford wrote:
Maratanos wrote:

I just tried this a few days ago. I got to the back of the cave and...

Nothing.

I was able to hit journey cloths in my friend's age and have them count towards my own, though. I suspect if I'd done that, then had him open the door, it would have taken me to the cave. I'll have to try that when I'm bored some day.

You're saying it didn't link you to your age? Huh. Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:19 pm 

wccrawford wrote:

Yes. Just as in solo play, you can only link to the Bahro cave once you have collected all the Journey cloths for an age. After that, you can link to the cave no matter whose age you are in, so long as the door is open.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]