It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:23 am 

*plugs fingers in ears but still hears...*
I'm in the Egg Room
I'm in the Egg Room
I am the Laxman
Koo-koo-ka-choo...

AUGH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:00 am 

BrettM wrote:
How they got a full shipload back to D'ni, though, is a mystery. Maybe they took the load to some facility on Teledahn where the load could be pelleted, like the crops on Er'cana, prior to transport to D'ni.

That's what the bahro slaves were for... "Pick this sack up and link to D'ni"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:52 pm 

Kerryth, the incident you described happened to me several times. I was stuck, but not stuck. Haven't tried it in this beta.

So, yeah, I was doing a Shroomie watch yesterday, hanging out, enjoying the scenery. Got some pictures, looked over that crazy hopper thingy, and basically had a great day.

Putting my little head down for some much needed sleep...and what goes through my head?......We all live in the.....cavern underground, island in the myst, island in the myst. The beatles have nothing on us, heh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:34 am 

All Together, Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:13 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Shroomie lives in a mushroom lagoon
A mushroom lagoon
A mushroom lagoon

And her fans watch from afar
Many more of them collect the spores
And the thing Sharper displays
Is his marksmanship from ashore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:18 pm 

Wow, JW! You have Talent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Y'all got way past this business of water under the hut and being there..
but in fact it happened to me.. I invited in a friend.. who was at the hut, while I was in the slave prison.. he said I can't come down the trap door is locked and there is water down there..

So... I walked up the dry tunnel back to the hut, up the first ladder still dry, then on the second ladder I climbed up into water! reached the trap door and could not open it.. Friend said it looked like I was drowning. I took a screenshot.. may still have it, of me climbing in water.

We erased the book and started again. It behaved properly then, and the next day - vault wipe. (not this one.. the previous one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting topic! I really wish I'd thought of this way back when I was playing with Fly Mode. I'd have walked through the Teledahn drain pipe, then levitated out to see where it's actually located. As mentioned, you can see daylight through the top of the pipe at one location, and I'd love to see where that is. It would have to be visible on the surface -- but where?

I'd also noticed that the gun was referred to as the "Vapor Miner." Well and good, but how would a "vapor miner" play into spore harvesting? Maybe someday we'll know. Tyion and I once played with the gun extensively while exploring Teledahn together, and were fascinated to see that there's much more functionality than meets the eye when playing alone. For example, if you watch someone else use the gun you can see the bellows on each side of the pedestal pump when it fires; similarly, you can see a steam blast from the barrel. You can watch the turret swivel, raise, and lower as the other explorer works the controls. Very cool! You can also stand by the crates while somebody shoots them, and see splinters fly. And yes, we did the unthinkable and shot each other to see what would happen. The projectiles, whatever they are, simply pass harmlessly through your avvie and impact the terrain behind you.

On another topic, somebody mentioned Er'cana above. My pet theory is that there was much more to those pellets than we actually saw in PotS. I think that in the original concept we were supposed to make those pellets and then drop them into the lake in the Cavern, and somehow revive the algae and brighten the Cavern to its original state. Er'cana was a huge, complex factory; and I can't believe that its sole purpose was to illuminate that one little cave so we could see a few symbols. I suspect that lighting that little cave was only a hint to suggest our true mission, to bring up the light level in the Cavern. As Cyan has stated, Uru as we know it has only scratched the surface when it comes to story. Maybe we'll see something like this later.

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:49 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

[quote="Mowog":expletive]Interesting topic! I really wish I'd thought of this way back when I was playing with Fly Mode. I'd have walked through the Teledahn drain pipe, then levitated out to see where it's actually located. As mentioned, you can see daylight through the top of the pipe at one location, and I'd love to see where that is. It would have to be visible on the surface -- but where?[/quote:expletive]
This is an obvious invitation to anyone currently using a version with flymode to, please, do it and report back to us! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:16 pm 

Mowog wrote:
Er'cana was a huge, complex factory; and I can't believe that its sole purpose was to illuminate that one little cave so we could see a few symbols.

I believe the Er'cana factory's true purpose was simply preparing crops for transport to and storage in D'ni. The particular recipe for the light pellets must have been a secret of Kadish's, used to further his pretension of being the Grower. (If everyone knew about the special properties of those pellets, it wouldn't have been much of a deception.) The pelleting machines have different settings, which suggests that they could process different kinds of crops, harvested at different times of year. (If there was only one type of crop, it would be really bad engineering to make variable processing controls instead of simpler controls with fixed settings.)

The D'ni had no reason to set up a big factory to bring up the light level in the Cavern, since the light level was just fine up until the Fall. Though it is possible, I suppose, that WE could use it that way after the fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
The D'ni had no reason to set up a big factory to bring up the light level in the Cavern, since the light level was just fine up until the Fall. Though it is possible, I suppose, that WE could use it that way after the fact.

Agreed, that's what I thought too. And speaking OOC, the Er'cana factory represents such a huge piece of development work on Cyan's part that you can't help but think that there's much more to the story... we just didn't see it because PotS was down-scoped to single-player, and the story was truncated so as to bring some sort of closure to Uru.

But getting back to my original theory, isn't there a mention somewhere that the light levels in the Cavern had fallen, and that the DRC had tried unsuccessfully to restore the health of the algae? And the Er'cana pellets produce light when dropped into the pool in that little cave. Really, I see a connection there. Something tells me that a part of the original restoration plan called for a renewal of the Cavern lighting, and Er'cana was to play into that.

As I see it, the harvester in Er'cana was intended to travel along its rails with its mower arms lowered, cutting the native foliage in the canyon, and then depositing the crop in the hopper. The hopper would then be transported into the factory -- as we learned -- and the crop processed into the materials needed to produce the pellets.

Getting back to the original topic, that harvester, as well as the large device in the Teledahn harbor, are mysteries that we'll hopefully see cleared up one of these days!

Mowog

Post subject: Teledahn
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:47 am 

I been trying to find out what the deal with the secret hole in the tunnel behind the cells are. It is empty? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:56 am 

That little alcove used to hold a link book (maybe stone?) to a room in the city that overlooked the DRC's office. Sharper used to use it to spy on the DRC and find out what they were up to.

It isn't there any more, maybe it's been taken by Sharper?

In the expansion, from the window in the spy room, you could see a whiteboard with a code that could be used on the Bevin light controls to allow access to the egg room and the rest of the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 pm 

I thought the code was for the lights in the kirel neighborhood and not the bevin?? am I wrong?

KI # 02256515

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:13 am 

Yes, your right, my bad.

The Bevin egg room used to give you the clues to unlock the Zandi easter egg!

:lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4