It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:39 pm 

Finally got it it. Are there any direct links to the gallery from my Relto that I have forgotten or missed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:43 pm 

3rd book on your shelf, the brown one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:28 am 

Of course, the direct link in the Ae'Gura book (the tree-shaped hand) gives you a link to your Hood Ae'gura, rather than the base one. To get to the global Ae'gura it's necessary to use the Nexus...though of course that is dependent on population.

It would be nice to get global instances sometime, but the logistics are insane. I wouldn't want to be tasked with the job of fitting them together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:00 am 

Don't overlook the real benefit of hood instanced gallery/city - it is extremely peaceful and uncluttered. 8)

You can sit on a rock at the ferry landing and actually listen to the waves without hearing over-mic'ed voice chatters and seeing chat lines from almost everybody who is online.

You and you neighbors can go through the gallery and out into the city and basically get an extra-large ginormous addition to your hood! :D

However, there are some failrly strange invisibility quirks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:33 am 

jaburg wrote:
However, there are some failrly strange invisibility quirks.

I get that even when I don't use my Relto's Ae'Gura book. A couple days ago I linked in to the Ferry Terminal and had a rousing game of cone-soccer with an invisible stranger. I never did find out who it was (I asked openly who else was kicking the cone but nobody ever replied).

The invisibility thing is really annoying. I made a friend one day in the city and the next day we bumped into each other. Strange thing is that I entered the city the same way both times but on the second day, I could see her but she couldn't see me. (ignoring the possibility she thinks I'm some stalker creep and she was only pretending not to see me :? , however she responded to my chats so I'm choosing not to believe that :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:39 am 

I had the invisibility problem too, in a shared hood instance of the City. My friend could see me but I couldn't see him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:12 pm 

It seems that the first person in to the gallery can't see the second person in, or anything they do. It can be fixed by the first person leaving and coming back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:58 pm 

slightperil wrote:
It seems that the first person in to the gallery can't see the second person in, or anything they do. It can be fixed by the first person leaving and coming back

Not entirely. Last night, I brought a friend into the gallery and I could not see her or several other hood members who were there first. So I popped out and back in.

Lo and behold, I could now see her, but I was now invisible to her. So far , there don't seem to be any hard and fast rules about this. Out of a dozen-odd people (yes, you know you ARE all odd! LOL) I could see maybe half and half of them could see me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:16 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It sounds like the KI gets one instance ID to listen to and your current age gets another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:05 am 

Gah! The linking books are broken!

Maybe the GZ is scrambling some z-waves or x-rays and making people invisible :P

If you see me in the cavern please feel free to say hello.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]