It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:08 pm 

I thought that we were going to be able to have a city instance for our hood, so we would be able to go to the city together.

The other night jimmyleg who is in the same neighborhood as Haug and I, tried to come to the gallery and visit the city with us. He arrived in a different city instance? It was strange. Are there more than one city instance per hood?

Thanks!

LadyMisty
KI # sometime soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 pm 

If someone changes their neighborhood, it seems that the associations don't always work out right. I had a friend with this problem.

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

What helps if he uses the linking book from kadish Tolesa again. And to be surte, if you got the link to the gallery before you joined your current hood, use that linking book again as well.

But were you able to talk to him in ageplayers? if so he was in the same age as you, just a victim of the invisibility bug. Relinking shpould clear that one up as well.

Lets hope next time yoiu will see eachother:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

No, this does NOT work.

The brown book links you to the instance you were linked to when you initially found the book, plus, it's non-resettable, so even if you through the gallery book in kadish, which will bring you to the right place, it will NOT reset the link in the brown book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:38 am 

I don't think that is always the case.

I got my Gallery link long before I joined my current hood yet my gallery links to the city for my current hood...

figure that one out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:19 am 

I find it most excellent that currently my city links in the brown book takes me to the global instance. So I can quickly meet up with friends and so one. Actually I wouldn't want that to change. You guys are playing ONLINE! You can't possibly avoid interacting with other players at some point.. if you still want the hood instance go play the offline version. I find it rather odd the people like you wants to play Myst Online: Uru Live like nothin else.. but don't want to interact with the global crowd eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:16 am 

It's not an antisocial thing, it's just that if the instance gets too crowded then performance suffers, which is why the hood instances of the city were created in the first place. The theory is that people linking to the balconies (and to a lesser extent the Gallery) typically won't be interacting with players in the main city anyway, so they might as well go to a semiprivate instance and leave the public instance to those people wandering around the city itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:47 am 

I am not antisocial! I was just checking out our hood's city instance with my neighbors.

This place is getting really rough for asking a question anymore.

LadyMisty
KI # sometime soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Maurus wrote:
No, this does NOT work.

The brown book links you to the instance you were linked to when you initially found the book, plus, it's non-resettable, so even if you through the gallery book in kadish, which will bring you to the right place, it will NOT reset the link in the brown book.
Maurus, you should check again. It's worked for some. In fact D'Lanor (and now you) are the only people who have said that it doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Maurus wrote:
No, this does NOT work.

Maurus, you should check again. It's worked for some. In fact D'Lanor (and now you) are the only people who have said that it doesn't work.

For me it is totally reproducible, it happens every time with any avatar I make. I have yet to see a report from someone which proves that the links are actually transferred to the new hood instance when you switch hoods. No matter how many times I use the original stone or book I keep going to my old hood instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

And for Maurus too, probably. Other people besides me posted to the original thread to say that they were able to reset their links though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
And for Maurus too, probably. Other people besides me posted to the original thread to say that they were able to reset their links though.

The link corruption is different when you create a new hood as opposed to joining an existing hood.

After I created my own hood my city book links were going to the public city. I was able to reset these links so that they no longer go to the public city but to a hood instance... my old hood instance that is, not the current one.

So to a certain extent corrections are possible. Perhaps people were referring to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:13 pm 

LadyMisty wrote:
I am not antisocial! I was just checking out our hood's city instance with my neighbors.

It does get a little if-y when talking about playing an MMO alone. To defend all unsocial people who are playing Myst. Myst has always been a lonely experience and some people do enjoy that. Even though MOUL can be an MMO it still plays as being alone if you wish; don't forget.... "Alone or Together!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

Monkeyboy wrote:
LadyMisty wrote:

It does get a little if-y when talking about playing an MMO alone. To defend all unsocial people who are playing Myst. Myst has always been a lonely experience and some people do enjoy that. Even though MOUL can be an MMO it still plays as being alone if you wish; don't forget.... "Alone or Together!"

We are not talking about playing alone. Most of us join a hood becuase that is where are friends are and the hood city has our friends in it and is NEVER full. I am grateful for the hood city instance so I don't have to continually look a message in the Nexus saying that the city is full. Also, even when playing other MMO's just becuase there are alot of people in it doesn't necassarily mean you interact with them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

LadyMisty wrote:

Yeah, I think things are getting a bit tense. I think part of it everyone is antsy for more - I've noticed online communities get grouchy when they are milling about and waiting (you should see some of the other MMO boards).

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next