It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:29 am 

Thanakar wrote:
Monkeyboy wrote:
LadyMisty wrote:
I am not antisocial! I was just checking out our hood's city instance with my neighbors.

This place is getting really rough for asking a question anymore.

It does get a little if-y when talking about playing an MMO alone. To defend all unsocial people who are playing Myst. Myst has always been a lonely experience and some people do enjoy that. Even though MOUL can be an MMO it still plays as being alone if you wish; don't forget.... "Alone or Together!"

We are not talking about playing alone. Most of us join a hood becuase that is where are friends are and the hood city has our friends in it and is NEVER full. I am grateful for the hood city instance so I don't have to continually look a message in the Nexus saying that the city is full. Also, even when playing other MMO's just becuase there are alot of people in it doesn't necassarily mean you interact with them all.

Yes, I understand that, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 pm 

I love the fact that my neighborhood has its own special city instance. This doesn’t keep us from visiting the city and enjoying the company of friends that belong to other NH.

It does give us a city to run around in together without the lag the main city instance has because it is so full most of the time. I look at it as the best of both worlds
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:43 pm 

LadyMisty, if you share your gallery link (isn't that what that symbol means?), and jimmyleg goes out those doors, does he land in the same instance?

(Lexie, I loved your post: not a single negative thing in it. .. is that a record? :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quietcat, the Gallery link is in the City book in your relto and that book is not shareable. Being able to lift the flap is a bug, since it has no impact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quietcat, the Gallery link is in the City book in your relto and that book is not shareable. Being able to lift the flap is a bug, since it has no impact.

So after creating a new Hood, I linked to the city from my Relto through the Gallery link and there must have been 2 dozen people there. What's up with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

You linked to the public (nexus) Ae'gura, I think, not a 'hood version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, I think if your Hood doesn't have very many people in it, like your own private Hood, you are clumped together with some other small Hoods. That's my theory, at least.

Also, if you had a Hood before, and changed it, the brown book will like to the city instance of whatever Hood you were in when you got the brown book, not your current Hood instance. I currently have that problem with one of my avvies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:34 am 

Well I'm going to make my Hood private after we do the DEVIL DOOR :twisted: tomorrow so we'll see what happens then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:

Actually, according to the response I got back from the bug report I submitted on that one, it's by design for some reason. Cyan just isn't going to have anyone else but you be able to actually use the thing.

Personally, I think that's weird; but who am I to question these things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:12 am 

I just linked to the balcony reached by the Bahro stone in the Garesohn classroom. One of my Neighborhood members was there. We both were shocked to see the other! (We were there because neither of us could remember if we had previously searched for a marker on that balcony.)

Is this something new? Are members of the same hood now able to go to the same areas via Bahro stones (or any other links which were previously instanced)? Am I loosin' it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know that if you share the bahro stone, you will end up in the hood of the person sharing the stone, but beyond that, I am not sure. Perhaps it is now possible to end up in your own hood if you share the stone with someone else? Interesting possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:04 pm 

i'm pretty sure all 'hood balcony links bring you to the 'hood that you are a member of. i believe john was talking about the palace rooftop link, however.

i think 'city city' is SUPPOSED to be your 'hood's private instance but it must still be a little buggy as i still link to an empty city every time even though i joined UO's bevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
i'm pretty sure all 'hood balcony links bring you to the 'hood that you are a member of.
The hood balcony link does not work at all at present. You link to a random hood and don't get a page in your 'hood relto book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:57 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
i'm pretty sure all 'hood balcony links bring you to the 'hood that you are a member of.
The hood balcony link does not work at all at present. You link to a random hood and don't get a page in your 'hood relto book.

well ok it's SUPPOSED to work that way, anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2