It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 am 

I've played the Complete Uru games several times on my PC but don't quite get the live version. I've completed the Cleft, went on to Teledahn, completed that. Now what?

Am I basically playing the same old game?? I thought it would be new & different. I did see one other Avatar on my first visit to the neighborhood but didn't know what to do. I tried creating a marker game as the journal said on my Ki but nothing happened. Haven't run into anyone else since then. I thought there would be different puzzles and new ages. Is there anything else to do in Bevin Neighborhood right now? How do I specify that I want to play the marker game or do I have to wait and finish all the other ages first like in the original Uru? Do I have to chat & hook up with other people to get to do different things? Please help as I'm totally confused about what to do other than playing the same old Uru. Everytime I log on to play it only shows me as the only Neighborhood Explorer. Isn't supposed to show other players?

Thanks for your help! jaguar10 :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:19 am 

jaguar, right now there is no new content. Rumor has it that new stuff will be coming soon.

Marker missions are also not available yet.

If you want to find some people to talk to, I suggest trying the City or organizing the Hoods by population and hit one that has a few players in it.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:24 am 

Hey, jaguar.

Keep in mind that Uru is just beginning. There's some small new content (if you haven't found any, just look carefully around the Airstream) with more coming soon. Yes, you can play the old ages over again while you wait. However, content from the Path of the Shell isn't in Live yet and probably won't be for at least a few more months. Some To D'ni content (sharper's Spyroom, Phil's Relto, etc.) is also not available. The Great Zero was closed off by the DRC after the 19th (along with many other things that have since been re-opened). The Great Zero will be back sometime this week along with maybe a brand new age.

About your Neighborhood player issues. If no one is on in the neighborhood (I assume you have your KI from Gahreesen) you might want to try linking to another hood using the Nexus. Unlike in the offline Uru, there are many hoods. You can click the word "population" to sort the hoods by how many people are currently in them. Alternatively, you can go to the City using the City Links portion of the Nexus.

Have fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:27 am 

jaguar10 wrote:
I've played the Complete Uru games several times on my PC but don't quite get the live version. I've completed the Cleft, went on to Teledahn, completed that. Now what?

Am I basically playing the same old game??
That portion of the game, the journey with Teledahn, Kadish Tolesa, etc is the same. However every week different things are being added that weren't present in any of the offline Uru games. Although there are mostly just minor changes.

jaguar10 wrote:
I thought it would be new & different.
At the moment the big difference from the offline version is being able to play with other players. For instance the Teledahn pressure plate puzzle becomes much easier with other players. The other big difference is the storyline is constantly changing. Not big changes at the moment, but little ones. For example on the 19th the bahro linked everyone to their respective Relto Ages no matter where that person was. There also appears to have been a small earthquake in D'ni. The DRC reacted by closing off most of the city and studying the areas to make sure its safe. Another story development has been the introduction of a character called Cate. She's a funder of the restoration (in the game, she doesn't exist outside of the game ;)) and has said she wants the DRC to open up a new Age this week coming up. This should be a brand new Age we've never seen before, although we aren't completely positive about that because we don't know which Age it will be ;)

jaguar10 wrote:
I did see one other Avatar on my first visit to the neighborhood but didn't know what to do.
I've got a walkthrough for people just like you (be warned other areas of that site has heavy spoilers). It will help you find other players.

jaguar10 wrote:
I tried creating a marker game as the journal said on my Ki but nothing happened.
The marker quest is currently not available, HOWEVER Cate said she wants the DRC to open up the Great Zero this coming week, so it might become available. Then again, it might not be possible to complete it, we're not sure at this stage.

jaguar10 wrote:
I thought there would be different puzzles and new ages.
The game is in the final phase of beta and so Cyan is working on fixing bugs. New content will be released more often when the game launches (although we don't have a date for it launching). BUT having said that, we're hopefully getting a new Age this coming week :)

jaguar10 wrote:
Everytime I log on to play it only shows me as the only Neighborhood Explorer. Isn't supposed to show other players?
It could be no-one else is a member of you're hood, or they're just not online when you are.

I hope I've helped with some of your problems. If you have more questions you can check out the Guild of Greeters neighbourhood (instructions on getting to it are here) or post here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:33 am 

Sheesh, no new content right sure. :roll:

Number one the biggest, and most warm and fuzzy of new content.

The Kadish gallery doors are now open!!!!! :D

Also the city is fractured based off the hoods, so if you go to the city thru Kadish Tolsa you will end up in a version of the city filled with only fellow hood members. To get to the public city use the nexus.

But yeah at the moment Uru is some what less, difference is this version is going to endup with so much more it's LIVE. :D

Post subject: Thanks for your help!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:51 am 

Thanks to all who answered my post. It helped a lot! Reading that journal in the classroom confused the heck out of me. If stuff isn't working yet than they shouldn't have that journal out yet. I did find the new Relto page by the campfire in the desert so I knew there was some new stuff but just didn't know where to begin. Thanks!! jaguar10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

jaguar10 wrote:
If stuff isn't working yet than they shouldn't have that journal out yet.

That's actually a seriously good point - that portion of the journal shouldn't be available until the Great Zero has been opened, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:24 pm 

If you want to see more people, try out the Guild of Greeters' Bevin. There is nearly always someone to talk to there. They might even be able to answer some questions. Try kicking the ball down the stairs, and saying "oops!"

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]