It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

... preferably just before a meal.

Joking aside, I just ran into this, and spent a little time with Live Support before confirming it wasn't a bug. It seems you can only get one New Neighbourhood per 24 hours. If you delete your hood, get a new one, don't like it for whatever reason, and delete your hood book, you won't get a 'New Hood' button on the Nexus screen.

In the meantime, you can click the empty space on your bookshelf where the hood book used to be (down near the bottom, where the delete tab was before), and you can get your old hood book back again.

Just thought i'd FYI this, since it doesn't tell you the 1-a-day limit, and i hadn't seen it mentioned on the forums.

Yours,

Elkestra
KI: 799793

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Really, I reported this too, and they told me it was a bug.
Nice to know that in the end, it's not...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:14 pm 

Elkestra wrote:
... preferably just before a meal.

Just thought i'd FYI this, since it doesn't tell you the 1-a-day limit, and i hadn't seen it mentioned on the forums.

For what it's worth, I can confirm this. The following day the Create Neighborhood icon returns. It happned to me and I logged for the night and decided to check the next day and file a bug if I still couldn't create a new neighborhood. When I got back on, I was allowed to create a new neighborhood. Perhaps this is meant to discourage people creating and deleting neighborhoods over and over to get specific decorations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Does this also apply to joining an existing hood? Say you leave the initial hood you are assigned to, join another hood then find out that the friends you want to be in the same hood are really in a third hood. Must you wait the 24 hours to be able to join the 3rd hood? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Try it, but I don't think so. You get your new hood by going via someone's relto hood book, not by creating one yourself.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:19 pm 

Thank you for posting this, Ekelstra. I had assumed that my inability to create a new hood was part of a bug that has prevented some people from deleting their hoods in order to join a new one. After seeing your post, I went back and re-tried the process, and now I have the hood of my dreams, with clock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 pm 

I'm still trying to work out what conditions make you join another hood. I thought you just had to delete your old hood book and then link to the hood you want to join, but I deleted my hood book about two weeks ago and have visited several hoods since, and I still don't have a new hood book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

You have to link into a hood through the neighborhood book in the Relto of a member of the hood you want to join. That is, you must be invited into a hood. Only then you become a member of this neighborhood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, if you can become a member by just linking to a 'hood through the nexus, anyone could become members of any 'hood....
Could be a great way to grief. So I'm glad you have to be invited (or randomly assigned, which I just find annoying).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Hasn't random assignment to private hoods stopped now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Hasn't random assignment to private hoods stopped now?

What if you don't want it private? What if you want anyone to be able to come visit? Visit being the important term there.
Currently in our 'hood, there are more randomly assigned members than members who joined willingly, because they liked the concept. And we can't even keep our 'hood public for more than a few minutes each day. Just imagine how swamped it would be if it was always public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:03 am 
Obduction Backer

I believe that there is a maximum capacity for the members of each neighborhood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:32 pm 

Marck wrote:
I believe that there is a maximum capacity for the members of each neighborhood.

Does anybody know if there is a maximum? In my hood we are 20 members, and for some reason we are not able to make the hood public anymore. Could this be because of the supposed maximum? I have submitted a ticket on this subject, but I have no final response so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

There are two different things here. There are no more than 50 public hoods at any one time (Count them. I did. :)), and there is a maximum number that any hood can take as owners. I think that's 200. There's also a maximum number of visitors at any one time, but that's because of the lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:49 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
There are two different things here. There are no more than 50 public hoods at any one time (Count them. I did. :)), and there is a maximum number that any hood can take as owners. I think that's 200. There's also a maximum number of visitors at any one time, but that's because of the lag.

I can confirm the number of 50 concerning the number of hoods.I have counted them many times over the last week, and its always 50. One more thing - it seems like some of the hoods stay public while others for some reason converts to private over and over again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next