It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is now a little point of light hovering over the sun/moon symbol in one of the halways in the Gahreeson fortress. Upon contact, it updates your relto in the form of a shell sitting at the end of the first spoke jutting from the spiral tablet bearing the sun/moon symbol. If you're unfamiliar with this page, it's located in the rainy cleft, near Zandi's trailer. I'm sure my description fails to do this justice, so if you haven't acquired this shell already, feel free to do so.

What interested me most about this is that it appears to be the first in a long series (contrary to good adventuring habits, I didn't count). However I have yet to find a second one, or any use for the first.

Bryan: 00120717

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:26 pm 

This seems to have been dubbed the "sparkly" and there is some discussion of them around here somewhere.

My hope is that once they have all been collected, and I go to stand in the middle, I will be transported somewhere interesting....

Has anyone who missed the Relto page the first time thru the cleft, tried going back to the rainy cleft for it, and is it still there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:51 pm 

Seeing that Teledahn also received a large update, I just did a search for another one of these things there but was unable to find one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malia wrote:
This seems to have been dubbed the "sparkly" and there is some discussion of them around here somewhere.

My hope is that once they have all been collected, and I go to stand in the middle, I will be transported somewhere interesting....

Has anyone who missed the Relto page the first time thru the cleft, tried going back to the rainy cleft for it, and is it still there?

I'm hoping that it'll be a 'bubble' 'port. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:28 pm 

Moleculor wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. but the question is would it only have one destination?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 pm 

Aaron Strauss wrote:
Seeing that Teledahn also received a large update, I just did a search for another one of these things there but was unable to find one.

[spoiler]Note that there are 12 spaces on the island, one for each month in the Gregorian calendar. Note that there are 12 alcoves in the hallway in the Gahreesen training building. Putting 12 and 12 together, I think our quest for sparklies is going to take another 11 months.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:42 pm 

When they said they'd have new content every month, I guess they weren't kidding.

*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:47 pm 

I think the idea is to have small updates every few days, with larger updates on a weekly and monthly basis. Anything connected to a 12-month timespan based on a single data point is purely speculative.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 pm 

rjupiter wrote:
Moleculor wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. but the question is would it only have one destination?

I bet it is the inside of the Volcano, and I bet that it is not a Sun/Moon but the Volcano. And I bet once inside the Volcano we'll have access to the Great Shaft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I hope it's something completely new. I'd like to see URU Live get to the Great Shaft as To D'ni did, ie finish in multiplayer from where Prologue reached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:17 pm 

The Character on the "votive" for lack of a better word, does it resemble a certain character on the holo-imager? Or it also looks like a Japanese Kanji character...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have you looked around the classroom in the 'hood, just under the ceiling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 pm 

It's the D'ni number 1, silly. First shell, first journey Age on the bookshelf, first month, whatever it means...

But it DOES say 1 on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malia wrote:

I think I remember checking in the rain and it was still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

As I posted elsewhere, the calendar explanation makes no sense to me because:

(a) Why would the D'ni use Earth months based on the frequency the Moon rotates around the Earth? They lived in other places than Earth and underground, where Moon rotation and seasons are not easily observed.

(b) If it were a calendar, what happens at the end of the year? Do they all get cleared off and we have to reacquire them?

(c) I don't think much of a calendar that requires the user to search, locate, and interact with an object so as to update the calendar.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next