It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm 

Total number of markers is 33.

We have now accessibility to 21 only (including the bridge one - where you have to jump to get it).

From the remaining 12 :

- 7 are in the Hood. They're turned off until now.
- 5 are at currently unavailable areas in the City, including the one inside the Museum.

We then need Hood markers available again - giving us 28 - plus one or two barriers removed in the City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Unless the 'hood markers aren't there at all.

Remember, we've never ever seen an instance where the GZ was only 'partially' active. It was either accessible and on, or not and not. End of story.

Having 'some' markers on and not others is something we've never seen before, and may not actually be a possible state for the device.

The markers may be elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moleculor, I take it from your post that you weren't in the last month of Prologue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moleculor wrote:
Unless the 'hood markers aren't there at all.
The markers may be elsewhere.

I agree with Molecular, we don't know yet, where the remaining markers will be found. I doubt that there will suddenly show up any of them in the hoods, but rather I guess they will all be found in the city area. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

If they follow the same locations as in POTS then, if my ageing memory is correct..........

[spoiler]
There should be 2 along the path between the Hall of Kings and the Library
One inside the Library
One inside the Museum
The one already mentioned near the break in the bridge

Which still leaves us 5 short
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jep, I remember POTS, but was'nt that just a game? :wink:

I can't predict, but perhaps there will be one in the spyroom, since this one is located in the caverns, too. And some might be found in other city locations, we have'nt, seen yet. Though it's just speculation. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm 

MartG wrote:
If they follow the same locations as in POTS then, if my ageing memory is correct..........

I think you mean "To D'ni", which is the expansion pack with the calibration missions. And your memory of that is good.

However, some of the markers in MOUL are positioned differently than in TD. In TD you only needed 5 of the markers to get access to the GZ courtyard, not 15. Also, most of the hood markers were found in Kirel, not Bevin. So, there are a few places in MOUL that have more markers than the corresponding areas in TD. Some of the markers in TD that were used in the final calibration mission are now just ordinary markers. I assume there will be other differences that we offline-only players will have to learn about.

@KateR: I suspect we won't be getting access to the spy room for a while, and then it may be in a different way and/or for a different reason. In "To D'ni", the spy room was the start of a convoluted puzzle that gave us access to the City in the end. But, in MOUL we are getting access to those areas in the normal course of events, and we already have access to most of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

From prologue times I remember two more ...
[spoiler] ... one jumping down to the Cavern Lake between the barricades from the very back side of the Library place.
.... and one on the very end of the outside Library circuit.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 pm 

Yeppers, thanks to the above messages. It worked great and a spoiler below for what helped me do it.

[spoiler]

After clearing the two orange cone barriers I used the Caps Lock on my keyboard, stepped back five paces and took a run with my avatar in 3rd person mode. At the edge I hit the space bar for jump and made sure that the KI was open and my mouse cursor was already over the blinking light ready to be hit with the mouse clck. As I jumped I kept clicking the mouse and wallah I heard the alarm and the mouse did its job.

I missed it the first time because I did not have the mouse circle over the blinking light before jumping and it took too long to adjust the mouse to the light before being able to click. The second time round I put the cursor over the blinking light and it worked as the above message states.

hope this helps.... I'm not sure how many I had (forgot to count my markers as I got them), but was finally able to add the new Nexus Link once I went to the calibrator machine.

So thanks to the person who first suggested this, it really helped me over a hump. :wink:

c'ya earthwizard[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:47 pm 

wasn't there one...

[spoiler]outside of Kadish Gallery. If I remember correctly you had to get into one of the cracks in the side of the street and it was down there somewhere, can't remember if you had to jump or not.[/spoiler]

If you see me in the cavern please feel free to say hello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:09 pm 

[spoiler]There is one down the larger crack...and you don´t have to jump to get it.
You'll have to Relto out, though......or jump!
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:57 am 

I've found one by the Museum

[spoiler=How I got it]You have to walk off the part by the lake. You'll drop quite a way and land on the side of the cliff (Bug?). You can walk around a bit on that steep slope, and in one area there you'll see a marker appear for you to grab. No other choice but Reltoing away, however, and if you step off the cliff you panic link almost instantly.[/spoiler]
If this is a repeat of the one earlier, please excuse my trout. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:41 am 

I think that's the same one MTM just mentioned. But you had me going for a minute - I thought that what you meant by "museum" was the large, shut, blue-fronted building off the Tokotah Plaza. What you called the "museum" most people around here call the "gallery."

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:35 pm 

That's not where I meant. I meant the large building WAAY up high, past the hall of kings and bridge. The area that's just been opened. And the place to "Jump off" overlooks the Arch and lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:02 pm 

that would be the Library

KI #02487810

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next