It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:48 pm 

Kierra wrote:
Although I'm betting that the sparkly wont show up if you did not grab the Sundial relto page. If it does though, you should ticket it.

I've tested it with another avvie that hasn't gone to the Cleft. The sparklie shows up in Gahreesen even if you don't have the bridge/symbol page. However, nothing happens when you walk through it. (Just like you can see the totems in the Bahro caves if you haven't been to the Cleft, but you can't take them because there is no place on Relto for them to go.) I think this is normal behavior, so I'm not going to ticket it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:57 pm 

BrettM wrote:
Kierra wrote:
Although I'm betting that the sparkly wont show up if you did not grab the Sundial relto page. If it does though, you should ticket it.

I've tested it with another avvie that hasn't gone to the Cleft. The sparklie shows up in Gahreesen even if you don't have the bridge/symbol page. However, nothing happens when you walk through it. (Just like you can see the totems in the Bahro caves if you haven't been to the Cleft, but you can't take them because there is no place on Relto for them to go.) I think this is normal behavior, so I'm not going to ticket it.

Pretty much what I expected. And I seriously doubt it is a bug, it makes too much sense.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:11 pm 

Ok, so now there is obviously 12 objects to be collected for the sun dial/calendar. Will they all be sparkles? or will they each be different? Does this mean there will be a total of 12 ages? What will each of the symbols reveal?

Waiting is the hard part :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:29 am 

Indeed! I can't wait to find out

...I want more sparklies! :lol:

~Kia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

What I'm about to reveal will suck the life out of one of the more 'exploratory' aspects of this game, or at least one of the things that's currently within Uru.

So if you truly enjoy the spirit of discovery and exploration, do not read what I am about to write.

[spoiler=Minor nudge:]There's something in the game that will shorten the amount of time you have to spend looking for something.[spoiler=Bigger nudge:]This is related to the sparks.[spoiler=Hint:]I think we can safely call them "Bahro Sparks" now.[spoiler=Giant bloody shove:]The Bahro cave contains something now that will make it easier to find sparks, IF you have any skill at discerning context of speech.[spoiler=You hate puzzles.]The very top portion of a Bahro pillar will glow with blue lines if a spark is present inside the age the pillar is associated with. This glow is NOT associated with picking up the spark, just the fact that the spark is present. (Unless there's a bug with the top lighting up if an avatar passes through the spark without having the ability to pick up the spark.)[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 am 

Kierra wrote:
Indeed! I can't wait to find out

...I want more sparklies! :lol:

~Kia

Me to. I am wondering with the way that it sits on the bridge, if there are more to be had..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:06 am 

Moleculor wrote:
What I'm about to reveal will suck the life out of one of the more 'exploratory' aspects of this game, or at least one of the things that's currently within Uru.

So if you truly enjoy the spirit of discovery and exploration, do not read what I am about to write.

[spoiler=Minor nudge:]There's something in the game that will shorten the amount of time you have to spend looking for something.[spoiler=Bigger nudge:]This is related to the sparks.[spoiler=Hint:]I think we can safely call them "Bahro Sparks" now.[spoiler=Giant bloody shove:]The Bahro cave contains something now that will make it easier to find sparks, IF you have any skill at discerning context of speech.[spoiler=You hate puzzles.]The very top portion of a Bahro pillar will glow with blue lines if a spark is present inside the age the pillar is associated with. This glow is NOT associated with picking up the spark, just the fact that the spark is present. (Unless there's a bug with the top lighting up if an avatar passes through the spark without having the ability to pick up the spark.)[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Are you basing that on more than the one data point we have so far?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:17 am 

Moleculor wrote:

But... but...
[spoiler=last Saturday night]I was in the cave and I noticed that only one pole had a glowing top then. It was about 11:30 PM cavern time January 13. Was the spark already present in Gahreesen at that point in time? I thought the spark was new with the update which took place several days later? Furthermore, at the time I thought it was a bug because they *all* glow in older versions of the game. I can grant that may have been changed though.[/spoiler]
It's evidence against your theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Do I love it when people make statements as if they were facts although they are merely their opinion or a theory?

No, I do not.

But this is just like any other web forum, so I have to get used to it, I suppose. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Weirga wrote:
Are you basing that on more than the one data point we have so far?

By the fact that I used an avatar that hadn't picked up the spark to investigate the cave.

Now, if someone had visited the cave before the update, and the top was glowing -then-, then perhaps it's not related.

(And wow, the poster right above this post is -rude-.)

However, all present evidence that I can see points to this being the case.

I just wish the moderators hadn't moved my posted thread in here, since it reveals the fact that it's related to the sparks. I intentionally hid the fact that my post was about the sparks in the first spoiler, hoping to give people slight nudges.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 pm 

Moleculor wrote:
Now, if someone had visited the cave before the update, and the top was glowing -then-, then perhaps it's not related.

I did and it was. I said so three posts ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 pm 

Sorry, so many threads on this one I hadn't posted to this one yet. I heard back on the ticket about the pillar top. It is a bug, and they are working to fix it. So the pillar theory having to do with sparky is a bust. :cry:

I'm still not convinced it's a calendar though. There's just no logic to adding a calendar like that. Seems extremely pointless....However, having seen the screen shot on the What's Happening page, and that little item in the lower right corner.....I do still speculate these sparkies will takes us somewhere eventually. :)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

deathsbedbug wrote:
However, having seen the screen shot on the What's Happening page, and that little item in the lower right corner.....I do still speculate these sparkies will takes us somewhere eventually. :)

What screen shot is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:58 pm 

Oops my bad, it's on the Coming Soon page, the bottom image...

http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/game_news_coming.html

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

What does this picture of Tsogal have to do with the sparklies.. I wonder?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next