It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:36 pm 

Hi! I was just helping an explorer through Kadish, and we couldn't find the Relto pages for the Tree and the Butterflies. The helmet was also missing from both versions of the vault.

And, wasn't there a linking book back to the full vault from the empty one?
It wasn't there in his Kadish or my Kadish.

I was wondering if this might be a bug or if these things have been taken away for now. :cry:

Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think someone has confirmed that it is intended - in other words, yes, they're gone for now. Sorry :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

There've been both responses from customer support saying it's a known bug, and other people have been saying they've been getting responses from customer support saying it's an intended feature.

I'm guessing it's an intended feature, actually. We don't have 'leveling' or anything, but we can be more 'advanced' than new people by having far more detail to our Relto than others.

Ditto on that shirt that's on the Great Stair. I bet that'll vanish soon, and never ever show up again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I found yesterday that the Tree Relto-Page is gone from Kadish. I submitted it as a bug, and someone from Cyan messaged me back saying that the Techs were turning features on & off to make sure that they worked. I'm guessing it's the same w/the Helmet & the Butterfly Page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:01 pm 

Thank you both for confirming that these are gone.

Seems a shame, especially in such a hard Age like Kadish, that there aren't any little rewards left for all the work.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nothing's to say they won't turn up again - just keep your eyes peeled ;).

Moleculor wrote:
Ditto on that shirt that's on the Great Stair. I bet that'll vanish soon, and never ever show up again.

Well, that's to be expected - it's a shirt for users who participated in the first month, after all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:12 pm 

From what I've been able to gather from other people's posts and communication with support - apparently the helmet and tree page being gone are bugs. The butterfly page was removed intentionally but it will be back later. *shrug*

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

That's odd. I have all of those items. Tree, B-flies and Helmet. Although I don't remember if I got them in Kadish or not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:48 pm 

Quote:
That's odd. I have all of those items. Tree, B-flies and Helmet. Although I don't remember if I got them in Kadish or not...

If you got them, that was the place.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy... and good with catsup. (P. Rice)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you got them in build 1 you get to keep them. Certain Kadish goodies seem to have been turned off in build 2 for story reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Islander wrote:
Nothing's to say they won't turn up again - just keep your eyes peeled ;).

Moleculor wrote:

Well, that's to be expected - it's a shirt for users who participated in the first month, after all...

Yeah, but techincally we're in month zero, since we haven't "Gone Live" yet. We're still in beta, so the shirt should be around for the first month after it's "released" from beta. Imagine all those people, especially international ones, that come in when it's off of beta, expecting the shirt they were promised, just to find it came and gone before they had access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Dan'nee wrote:

Yeah, but techincally we're in month zero, since we haven't "Gone Live" yet. We're still in beta, so the shirt should be around for the first month after it's "released" from beta. Imagine all those people, especially international ones, that come in when it's off of beta, expecting the shirt they were promised, just to find it came and gone before they had access.

Yes.. imagine all those poor people without their t-shirt :roll:

We don't know whether Cyan meant the "first month" shirt as first month of launch or just first month of gameplay, which whis would be. Either way, its just a shirt, its not a big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
goodies seem to have been turned off in build 2 for story reasons.

Not totally true. They took the tree away (the others may be red herrings) because of the miracle-grow exploit that many of us accidentally stumbled onto... they're sure to return it when they fix that 'bug,' which isn't a bug but really a mis-implemented game mechanic (those familiar with the tree exploit know what I'm talking about).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Lol, thanks for confirming this though :wink:

For reasons I won't mention here, I took my time running through the ages again after the last vault wipe. But? Last night I noticed the tree and butterflies missing from Kadish. And I ran through on three different avies to look for them. I really loved my butterflies guys :D If they turned them off for good? I might run up and protest outside of headquarters. LOLOL.

Also noticed that I could get the relto page for the islands on two of my names but not the third. No page there in the hood to get. Ummm. Maybe that Hitchhiker guy ran off with it? :wink:

Will be keeping eyes out for all. Have fun :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:09 am 

I believe the island page is timed. It will be in the hood for so long then vanish and return later.

If you cant find it in your hood try another

Hope that helps

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next