It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about Delin?
Love it! 52%  52%  [ 48 ]
Hate it! 20%  20%  [ 18 ]
Meh! 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
How should I know, I'm a cone! 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:57 am 

I need a team to help me with Delin. I cannot play tomorrow or sunday during the day, but I am available at night (after 7PM EST) as well as after 6PM EST during the week. I think I'll need seven or eight people to do this, not sure.

If you are interested in doing this, please reply to this post an let me know what time you can do this. If you see seven or more responses please post yours as well, things don't always come out according to plan and it's always best to have a shipload of back-up.

*EDIT* Please add your KI# to your post if you want in so I can add you to my buddy list.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Last edited by silmefea on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 am 

Send me a KI Message and I'll come help if I can! I've been helping people with Delin all night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:08 am 

Me too! Give me a time beforehand and I'll be in (my schedule's pretty open) - I haven't solved Delin yet and I'd love to help out. :D This could be an excellent push for me to actually socialize in the cavern. Quel surprise! My KI # is 70359. :)

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:50 am 

I'd love to help explore and solve! My KI is 270460. My name is Boomer, just let me know when you are there and if I can I will follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:34 am 

Count me in too! A friend and I just realized it would work much easier if there were more people. I don't know about him, but I can do it after 7PM on Saturday or Sunday, EST. My name is Zole in game and my KI: 273928

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:56 am 

I'd love to join in as well.. My KI# is: 128916

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:07 pm 

:D count me in, KI # 24483.

LR

Last edited by LRBolt on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:50 pm 

I had to vote "Hate it" But actually, I LOVE the age. It's beautiful, and a great place for me and my hoodmates to hang out. I voted the way I did because I'm that upset that it was released as buggy as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:50 pm 

I voted "Hated it" as well. I feared the worst when I learned it was an Eder age, and the previous two Eders were fiery abyss to walk through...and this puzzle took the cake for most absurd puzzle ever created. :shock: Not to mention it's quite possibly the shortest age in the history of the Myst games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm 

"How would I know?" How does a single player learn that it cannot be solved alone? If i hadn't come to this forum (or any other), is it assumed that I socialize in Cavern? I generally don't discuss age puzzles with strangers, not knowing if they prefer to solve things on their own (as I do).

So, is there a hint that I missed? I like the fact that this will require more people; I dislike the fact that I became more and more frustrated trying the same things over and over without further results.

edit to add: Yes, I did try! (see frustration mentioned above) If someone has already solved my hood's book, will the puzzle look solved to me? Or do I have a bug?[spoiler]All of my clothes have the same full symbol glowing. Apparently they are supposed to look different? Of course, if each cloth had glowed with a different portion lit, i would have understood that it was a puzzle.[/spoiler]Perhaps this is the "hint" that i am missing?

Last edited by catherwood on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
How does a single player learn that it cannot be solved alone?
By trying it. It's easier in an unpopulated neighbourhood (either because there's no-one in your shared one, or you've deleted your 'hood book and created one all to yourself).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:13 pm 

catherwood wrote:
How does a single player learn that it cannot be solved alone? If i hadn't come to this forum (or any other), is it assumed that I socialize in Cavern? I generally don't discuss age puzzles with strangers, not knowing if they prefer to solve things on their own (as I do).
Since Uru is finally being released as a MMOG, you can probably expect more group oriented puzzles to promote interaction. There are two hints that let me know I needed others to help me:
1) The Age is public and belongs to everyone in the Bevin, so anyone can drop in anytime. There must be a reason to put a puzzle here instead of a private Age.
2) The cloths do glow the same when you touch them, BUT [spoiler]when you touch one and look at the DOOR a different symbol will glow there.[/spoiler]I actually would not have noticed this so quickly, had someone not been in the Age with me. If I were alone, it would have taken me much longer to solve (which might not be a bad thing at all to me, because I like to think about things for a long time).
Quote:
If someone has already solved my hood's book, will the puzzle look solved to me? Or do I have a bug?
If the door is standing open, it is a bug. Like in the other Ages, the door won't just stay open indefinitely.
Quote:
[spoiler]All of my clothes have the same full symbol glowing. Apparently they are supposed to look different? Of course, if each cloth had glowed with a different portion lit, i would have understood that it was a puzzle.[/spoiler]Perhaps this is the "hint" that i am missing?
I think this is covered in my spoiler above, I hope this helps.

Oh, and Silmefea, I would be glad to help too. Please add me to your buddies, and if I'm there when you want to do it send me a PM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:06 pm 

I too would be glad to help!

Rih'ki
KI #92325

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:12 am 

me too just send a KI or a shout for help.
Chere inside and out of D'ni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 am 

Chere wrote:
me too just send a KI or a shout for help.
Chere inside and out of D'ni

I need your KI# to add you to my list so I can see when you're on.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next