It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about Delin?
Love it! 52%  52%  [ 48 ]
Hate it! 20%  20%  [ 18 ]
Meh! 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
How should I know, I'm a cone! 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:02 am 

I made a post requesting people to help me with a certain multi-player problem. It later occurred to me that it would be nice to have a list of people who are willing to help others solve whatever problems might require teams rather than individuals.

So, if you are willing to help others now or in the future, please respond to this post. Include your IC name, KI# and the times you are most likely to be found IC.

Let me start this off; I am Silmefea IC, KI#608972, most often on at night after 6PM EST (that's 3PM on the left coast).

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Last edited by silmefea on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Have you seen the Looking for Group forum over at D'ni Jazz Club? That might be a good place to organize such a thing (which, I think, is a really good idea).

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:24 am 

Sorry my KI # ia 118111

I'm online at various times.
:D

Myst Online: Uru Live KI # 11665229

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Count me in KI#37832

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:43 pm 

You can count me in. My KI is 00192066.

I knew I should have taken a left turn at Ae'gura.
KI#192066

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

As this thread is about the author looking for people to help him solve delin and we are still in beta, I will move the thread to open beta game discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:13 pm 

BladeLakem wrote:
Have you seen the Looking for Group forum over at D'ni Jazz Club? That might be a good place to organize such a thing (which, I think, is a really good idea).

That is a completely different message board, of which I am not a member. Furthermore, I do not wish to become a member as; 1)I have far too many lists already 2) I hate jazz.

I figure not everyone here belongs (or wants to belong) to every Uru list out there. This list is for people who are on this message board.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

KI# 00120717

I assume you have the idea already, since you're asking for people. Here, in more detail, is what folks can expect:

[spoiler]There are seven spiral journey cloths in the age, each corrisponding to a different measure of completeness of the spiral pattern. As has been noted, this difference is only evident from watching what pattern lights up on the door when the cloth is touched.

The first step is to map out the area knowing exactly which cloth represents which level of spiral. We just called them 1-7. You should all be familiar enough with this layout so that you immediately know where 4 is, and which one is 7, etc. Make all your trips to Delin from the same Neighborhood, because this correlation is different in each Delin. To do this, you need a friend to watch the door while you touch the various cloths.

Now for the tricky part. When you touch the door, it cycles through the seven spiral patterns (in a different order every time). After this, the spiral on the door begins to rotate, while continuing to cycle through these patterns. Once the rotation begins, you're "on the clock". You have exactly one minute to touch the 7 cloths in the right order. If you start before the rotation begins, or if you press one out of order, the door will reset. If you are successful in this, the door will open, but it doesn't stay open that long, so don't lollygag around.

I did this last night with just me and my friend. It is possible with two people but very difficult. Here's how we did it: He positioned himself out in the middle somewhere. I started the door sequence and called the first one out to him, then wrote down the other 6. I told him when the rotation started and he pressed the first one. Being the one with the sequence written down, I directed traffic. We each had an area to patrol, so I stayed mostly on the lower side and him mostly on the upper side. So while he was getting the next one in his zone, I would be moving to the next one in my zone, and vice versa.[/spoiler]

I really enjoyed this one. When I hit the last cloth and my friend said "The door is opening!" I got chills. Almost made me forget how much I hated the PotS puzzles.

Bryan: 00120717

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ah, no skin off my nose, as it were. Just thought it might help you out :)

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Heh heh. There's really no jazz at the D'ni Jazz Club site... (The name is more a result of Tweek's creativity.)

In any case, let's get this thread back on track. I'd be willing to help when I'm online... But I'm going to have to come back and edit this post with my KI number because I don't know it at the moment.

In-Cavern I'm Reverend Vader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:43 pm 

I would gladly help anyone with anything! My KI# and avatar are below and if a time can be set up, as long as it's not during food times or bed times, I can usually make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:46 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Reverend Vader wrote:
In-Cavern I'm Reverend Vader.

Huh! Go figure. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:15 pm 

silmefea,
Just come into the city and /shout for help. If I'm there I will gladly assist, anytime. Anyone else needing assistance I will volunteer my services if needed.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, it is! :) I'm only in the city late, about 8-9 PM central time, and that's maybe twice a week, but I will help if called. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:18 pm 

I'm Slightperil

My KI is 432106 and i LOVE to help, esp a being a caller in Delin

Look me up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

We're looking into a new and better way to impliment the LFG section, regardless people will have to sign up to post notes we would love this not to be the case but you can thank those spammers out there for that.

We have changed the current set up so validation isn't required inorder to post your notice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next