It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've discovered that the new physics in live make the branches, or "pipes", much easier to climb. (you don't keep sliding sideways :P ) back in UU, I learned to climb them when someone made a marker game with all the markers on the walls surrounding the vault. (at the end of most of the pipes) :twisted:

[spoiler=reveal image]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

[quote="Nadnerb"]I've discovered that the new physics in live make the branches, or "pipes", much easier to climb. (you don't keep sliding sideways :P ) back in UU, I learned to climb them when someone made a marker game with all the markers on the walls surrounding the vault. (at the end of most of the pipes) :twisted:

I never thought of doing something like that. It sounds like a real neat game to play, if you aren't afraid of heights. I am like a lot of people, I think. I don't think out of the box. If one way works, I use that way, not considering there may be an alternate way. This game has really opened my eyes to trying things beyond the guide book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 pm 

When I first played ABM, the only way I could figure to reach the cave was by jumping from the edge of the walkway. It wasn't exactly my favorite part of the game, because I stunk at it!

It wasn't until recently that I discovered you could walk across the pipe (/me then smacked forehead repeatedly), which is something I'm able to negotiate much better.

One day when I was bored, I decided to try running across it. Now, I run the whole way out of the vault, down the steps, onto the pipe and across, ending with a mega-leap to just outside the cave door. Zoooom! What a rush!! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nadnerb wrote:
I've discovered that the new physics in live make the branches, or "pipes", much easier to climb. (you don't keep sliding sideways :P ) back in UU, I learned to climb them when someone made a marker game with all the markers on the walls surrounding the vault. (at the end of most of the pipes) :twisted:

I never thought of doing something like that. It sounds like a real neat way to play, if you aren't afraid of heights. I am like a lot of people, I think. I don't think out of the box. If one way works, I use that way, not considering there may be an alternate way. This game has really opened my eyes to trying things beyond the guide book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:01 pm 

I just replayed Kadish again today for the first time since about 2004. It never occurred to me to jump near the door either. I saw how far the journey door was from where I was standing and walked a little way forward away from the puzzle device and saw that pipe sticking out. I figured it was worth a shot and walked off onto it easily (to my astonishment).

I have a dreadful fear of heights, even in games, and realistic games make it pretty bad. So I walked VERRRRRRY SLOWLY across that pipe, a step at a time so I didn't accidentally veer off course at all. Took me a ridiculous amount of time but it's otherwise easy to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Austruck wrote:
I have a dreadful fear of heights, even in games, and realistic games make it pretty bad. So I walked VERRRRRRY SLOWLY across that pipe, a step at a time so I didn't accidentally veer off course at all. Took me a ridiculous amount of time but it's otherwise easy to do.

I'm also afraid of heights. I did it the same way at my first attempt to cross the pipe, way back in early days of UU. Now, I do like Renfield does: from vault to Bahro door as fast as I can go. Sometimes, I miss a step and fall down. Wow, my heart beats faster and the adrenaline starts to flow. What a scary moment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 am 
Obduction Backer

A friend of mine that used to play UU but cannot get into LIVE used to do ajump from the tunnel mouth to the door.
He was afraid of hights too.
He would line himself up - close his eyes and then hit the keys for the jump.
Once he was sure that he should have gotten it, he would open his eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's one of the things I really enjoy about this game. The physics of the seemingly 3 dimensional world on a flat computer screen is just awesome. Whoever thought you could get vertigo just sitting in your chair and looking at a computer game? It bothers me a bit, too, but adds to the excitement and the immersion into the Uru world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:47 pm 

I'm definitely afraid of heights in real life (2 metres above the ground and I'm shaking like a leaf), but I never had any problems with that in Uru.

Perhaps it's because in Kadish Tolesa, you can't see the bottom... or perhaps it's because there's your Relto book you can use all the time. No idea.

One thing I do get a lot is severe motion sickness in games. Really weird. But that's something else. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 am 

This is the only game I've ever gotten motion-sickness in. So I have to stay in 3rd-person view while running/walking by avi around. With PoTS I got so queasy I had to stay home from work. *says in all seriousness*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Jello you are not alone with the motion sickness. I have the same problem, playing PoTs I was so sick I went to see a Dr. , he told me to quit playing my game and I won't get sick anymore. I laughed..,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:20 pm 

Btw, some of us who have been using flymode in Uru CC, have come to
the conclusion that what is called pipe or wire walk coulde be, in fact, a tree walk.

Is not Kadish supposed to be an Age of trees ? :?: :lol:

If you look carefully, you will notice a small bent along the tree as you do the walk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:24 pm 

What makes you come to this conclusion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:28 pm 

slightperil wrote:
What makes you come to this conclusion?

Full exploration in flymode. (this is not canon, as far as I know. It would have to be confirmed by Cyan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:33 pm 

I know, but what have you seen?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next