It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think Maratanos has posted elsewhere that what you're seeing is a dead marker (or what I call marker residue). It's one of the three components of the marker and hasn't been turned off (and is a known bug).

Post subject: Hi fchall...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:40 pm 

Hi fchall...

I'll tell you a story of what I went through just last week. I'd found an old KI.pdf that explained how to create a new bevin and how you could rename it, etc. I said to myself, "What a great idea." So, foolishly, without asking others about this, I deleted my old Relto book and went to the Nexus and created a new hood. Low an behold, I couldn't rename it or add a message. How dissapointing I was and then I discovered to my amazement that when I went back to the Nexus I'd lost my GZ Courtyard link. Oh my... now I was in a great quandary.

I asked someone on the forum for help. De'Loran was the first to help me. I followed his advice in my own way, and this is what I did...

I had a friend create a dummy avatar and gather 15 markers with this new avi and join my new bevin. After they joined my bevin I had them -- right then -- go to GZ and register their markers. Once they did this a link was set for their new avi to the GZ Courtyard. Because they belonged to my bevin, I was able to log out and log back into Uru:Live and go to the Nexus and my GZ link showed back up under my Personal Links.

If you need help in this I can create a dummy avi and gather the markers and join your bevin and do what I stated above. This should work for you too... let me know if you need help; or, if you decide to use another friend make sure they create a new dummy avi and gather the 15 markers -- but tell them not to register the markers until they join your bevin with the dummy avi.

Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:24 am 

earthwizard; you got a deal. I'll be in tonite around 8-9PM Cavern time.
I'll go now and send you an invite to FCHALL's Bevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:09 am 

I'm not sure how one could think that that marker was down near the balcony... it's right under the bridge! :roll:

Post subject: Red Markers?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:35 am 

Just to close this, I was mistaken when I thought I had been "robbed" of two markers. At this stage I have 10 and think thats all there are at the moment.
Thanks for all advice 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 am 

What happens if the dummy avi joins another bevin or is deleted. Is the GZ Link he provided still bound to the original bevin, or does it dissapear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Once someone has established their own link, the dummy can go. They're just needed as facilitator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 am 
Obduction Backer

I noticed that someone said there are only 8 markers available for the red-level of the KI .. i.e. 23 markers total ...

Actually, I have collected 25 total i.e. 15 for green level and 10 for red level.. has anyone found more than this?

I'm wondering whether to keep looking or wait for more to be offered/placed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:51 am 

butterpaw wrote:
I noticed that someone said there are only 8 markers available for the red-level of the KI .. i.e. 23 markers total ...

Actually, I have collected 25 total i.e. 15 for green level and 10 for red level.. has anyone found more than this?

I'm wondering whether to keep looking or wait for more to be offered/placed?

More should appear at some point... You have all that are available right now. But the ones in the neighborhoods have still not been turned back on, so...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:53 am 

what makes you think the ones in the 'hoods will EVER be turned back on? there really isn't a point. with only 5 markers and plenty of city locations left, i'm finding it likely that they will all be in the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Because Prologue / Until URU is the foundation for URU Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:33 pm 

This thread is a snake. It is amazing how the focus can change to arguing over syntax instead of an issue.

The original problem was a third color was being seen on the KI as he collected markers. I think it was just a vid adjustment problem...otherwise, it is meaningless. Still, we'd all like a look at it!!

I have all green and 10 red. All I've heard about hood markers is that they are turned off now. Has anyone said they will never be turned on? I suggest that guessing is not the way to go on any issue here. Re-read the Developer's forum and if it isn't there, it isn't fact.

earthwizard, I did exactly the same thing with an old Bevin guide. One of the Developers a while ago told us that the old functionality will be brought back, but right now you need to name a hood by creating an avie with that name (keeping in mind it will add 's to the name). Everything else you said is correct.

Someday they'll open the Great Zero chamber and I hope we'll then get a full cache of markers of green, red, and yellow.

As to naming: I think of the markers as Ghostbuster ghosts that you see in the air, then capture to your KI. So, to call them Markers on your KI is correct...at least for me!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

"All I've heard about hood markers is that they are turned off now. Has anyone said they will never be turned on?"

There is no official word (either in-character or out-.) When the Great Zero books were placed in the Neighborhoods, the Aegura markers that we remembered from Prologue were all there (as far as we could explore at that time). The Bevin markers were not.

From a game-design stance, turning off the Bevin markers achieves the goal of letting them open the whole City (as we know it) while holding off on the GZ calibration challenge. Therefore, I guess that that *is* their goal, and we wait to see what happens next. :)

"I suggest that guessing is not the way to go on any issue here."

We spend more energy guessing than we do playing the game. (I'd add a smiley, but that's a serious observation!) But it's certainly important to distinguish our guesses from DRC promises or predictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:27 pm 

stevesy wrote:
what makes you think the ones in the 'hoods will EVER be turned back on? there really isn't a point. with only 5 markers and plenty of city locations left, i'm finding it likely that they will all be in the city.

Plenty is a misconception. There are plenty of city locations left, yes, but most of them will probably not be released for another year or so, by my estimates, seeing as how many of them are suspended. So unless Cyan is going to make people wait that long... The hood ones are coming back.

Oh, and I had a chat with a ResEng, and I asked him if the Markers in the hood being off was a bug and he said "The markers in the neighborhood are intentionally off at this time." So there.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2