It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: High Bevin Balcony
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 pm 

I go to Gareshan and use the stone to link there but the page never appears in my hood book or anywhere.
Is this a bug. If so how do I report it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's been a known bug for so long, there isn't really any point reporting it. Your ticket would be closed "known issue". It's true for everyone - the balcony stone takes you to a random hood balcony - sometimes private, sometimes public, almost never your own, and the page doesn't show up in the 'hood book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:11 pm 

Thats what I thought after I tried linking from Gahreesen to the Hood Balcony. And so no page. At least its known.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:26 pm 

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 am 

I thought Cyan said to report ANY bug you see, even if it's known. So record logs, screens, and other stuff, and send it off in a ticket.

KI #00072427[Kedry]
"Conjecture is not fact, and opinion is not fact, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true." - Shaun Lyon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:16 am 

Kedri wrote:
I thought Cyan said to report ANY bug you see, even if it's known. So record logs, screens, and other stuff, and send it off in a ticket.

Well, no. They've said that things officially listed as "known issues" on the release notes need not be ticketed. This is not one of them. They've also said to only ticket major bugs. So you shouldn't necessarily ticket EVERY bug.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject: Re: High Bevin Balcony
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:19 am 

fchall wrote:
I go to Gareshan and use the stone to link there but the page never appears in my hood book or anywhere.

There's a curious known workaround. If you delete your hood book in relto, you can go to gahreeseen and link to the balcony. When you link back to relto, your book will be back with the balcony link included. It won't be your original hood though. It wil be a private hood assigned to your avie.

Post subject: Re: High Bevin Balcony
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 pm 

delano wrote:
fchall wrote:

There's a curious known workaround. If you delete your hood book in relto, you can go to gahreeseen and link to the balcony. When you link back to relto, your book will be back with the balcony link included. It won't be your original hood though. It wil be a private hood assigned to your avie.

I'll give that a try. I did create a new Hood but didn't go to Gareeshan till after it was created. I'll try your way and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Support wrote:
Thank you for submitting this bug. At this time, we are aware of this issue and it is currently in our internal bug database. We have noted your occurrence, and have added it to our metrics for this bug. We appreciate your effort and we look forward to receiving more of your valuable feedback.

This is my response from Support when I reported this bug and why I used the phrase "known issue".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:29 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Support wrote:
Thank you for submitting this bug. At this time, we are aware of this issue and it is currently in our internal bug database. We have noted your occurrence, and have added it to our metrics for this bug. We appreciate your effort and we look forward to receiving more of your valuable feedback.

This is my response from Support when I reported this bug and why I used the phrase "known issue".

Yeah I lost my GZ Courtyard link too. Reported it and got the same basic canned response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:25 am 

fchall wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Support wrote:

Yeah I lost my GZ Courtyard link too. Reported it and got the same basic canned response.

Did you look under "personal links"?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]