It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have searched this forum up and down to see if any mention has been made of this before and I can't find anything so .........

Out with some buddies last evening, we went to Teledahn to the area nearest the Shroomie trap gate. Walking along that metal walkway towards the suncatcher my buddie (Charlie) stopped at the broken end of the walkway and ............ jumped up and down!! Guess what - the walkway dropped and landed on the mushroom head. Meaning we can now get to either side of the island without having to always mess with the prison doors! What a time-saver!! :D

PS: sorry if this is general knowledge to everybody else - I had never heard of it :oops:

Last edited by d'ni's girl on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is sort of general knowledge, but don't be too embarassed. It took me several months to figure it out, also. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:26 pm 

You aren't alone, it took me 2 years to find it. I was sooo excited... ;) and wanted to jump on it all day!!!!

Nothing is "general knowledge", as there are many new explorers coming into Uru every day, so it is a good idea to include the word "spoiler" in the thread title if you are going to tell something like this, and/or to put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler tags are used like this:
[spoilerX] Text you want to hide here. [/spoilerX]
Remove the "X" and you have this:
[spoiler] Text you want to hide here. [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did add spoiler to the thread title ;)

Last edited by zam on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dude, I've been around for years and never realized that. Good find :)

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:12 pm 

Whoa, yeah, that's great. I never knew that. Thanks for sharing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, someone told me that when I was doing my Age with them in Uru Live about a month ago. It's pretty neat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I've known about all sorts of things about Uru, both bugs, features, and quirks, as well as history etc, and I had no idea about that until someone pointed it out a month or so ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:50 am 

It took me a long time to learn how to circle that age. Finding that walkway drop was a WONDERFUL discovery in my URU experience. Good going!!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:22 am 

I knew about that for years, but I learn about new things all the time. sometimes I'm in such a hurry to excited to run through ages and whatever else I'm running through that I don't take the time to really investigate what my surroundings are.

haha - I just played Myst again for the first time in AGES and I poked around in a few places and did some stuff I didn't know was possible.

by the way
I game tape had real Myst available for download...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:36 am 

d'ni's girl wrote:
I have searched this forum up and down to see if any mention has been made of this before and I can't find anything so .........

Out with some buddies last evening, we went to Teledahn to the area nearest the Shroomie trap gate. Walking along that metal walkway towards the suncatcher my buddie (Charlie) stopped at the broken end of the walkway and ............ jumped up and down!! Guess what - the walkway dropped and landed on the mushroom head. Meaning we can now get to either side of the island without having to always mess with the prison doors! What a time-saver!! :D

PS: sorry if this is general knowledge to everybody else - I had never heard of it :oops:

Hey, I've played this game for over 4 years and never heard of that one. You never can assume anything. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:21 am 

Yeah, I didn't know about it until someone pointed it out to me in Live (or was it in UU?).

I believe it's actually necessary for a puzzle that's not currently in use (To D'ni). Handy too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

8) This has been around since the 2003 beta, but it is really cool to see the excitement of someone finding it for the first time! It brings back wonderful memories! 8)

Thanks for sharing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

It took me a yearof play before I knew that you could bring the woode bridge all the way down. First time I played, I hit the lever, then jumpped at the bridge, and it went down hlf way... Just enough to get over it. A year later, as I was replaying for some reason, I decided to hit the lever after I jumped and got a plesant surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:28 pm 

I think that is why I enjoy Uru so much. It's because not everything is straight forward. There isn't a chain of events that you need to follow to obtain a desired outcome. There are many different ways of doing things and we all often come up on some surprising results.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]