It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Red Markers?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:07 pm 

In Tokotah Roof - DRC yard? I got two green marker hits but they came up in a different colour on the KI. Then I got more greens and they overwrote these two indeterminant colour ones. So finished the greens and went for reds. Cant get any reds in Tokotah Roof, just the other 6.
Is this a bug? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:18 pm 

erm, for starters there aren't "green" and "red" markers - there are just markers, and any of them can be collected for either color mission. It just depends on what order you get them in. Once you've picked up a marker in one place, it will not be available to get again; if you pick it up for the green set, you can not get it for the red set, but if you do not get it for the green set, it will still be available for the red.

As for the "indeterminate color" part, I'm afraid I don't know what that means. Back in the offline game after the red set there were 4 yellow ones to get, but you had to get them individually; only one yellow light would show on yer ki at a time and you had to register that one before getting the next. Do you have pictures or anything?

It might be worth submitting a bug ticket and see what Cyan has to say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you take a screen shot? I've never heard of a different color within one marker quest. What color was it? You are talking about the little perimeter lights on the KI, right?

Dadguy

Post subject: The way it works...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:18 pm 

Yes, I agree...

When you grab the KI for the first time a Gahreesen it is inactive. You go to the GZ and activate it. It will then show a half-circle of 15 unlit green markers. Then as you collect them you will see the green light up for each one. After you get the 15 then you go back to GZ and register them, then you will see the KI show 15 unlit red markers places. After this you can collet 8 more at the moment which will light up bright red.

I have created several avi's and gone through this process several times helping other bevins and users to get their GZ Courtyard link installed when they've had problems.

I have not seen this problem you speak of during at least 5 avi journeys.

I, too, would like to see a pic if you have one...

There is a nice little program that will do this (a lite version is available):

http://www.fraps.com/

Fraps does screen capture for games and works great.

Last edited by earthwizard on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rils wrote:
erm, for starters there aren't "green" and "red" markers - there are just markers,...

That's not true, most people refer to them as "green" and "red" markers, to make it easy to understand it. Your KI register them as 15 "green" and 15 "red" markers. The marker "itself" is white and red. Back to topic... we have to know if what you're talking about is the colour that your KI is registering. If that is different than green or red, then it should be a bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
That's not true, most people refer to them as "green" and "red" markers, to make it easy to understand it.
Why be wrong about something just to make it easier to understand? People are talking about lights on the KI, not markers, when they are talking about red and green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:34 pm 

Uruboo wrote:
Rils wrote:
erm, for starters there aren't "green" and "red" markers - there are just markers,...

That's not true, most people refer to them as "green" and "red" markers, to make it easy to understand it.

I understand where you are going with your idea, however, my statement is absolutely true. None of the markers are assigned to either the green or the red set; any marker can be used for either one. Ironically enough, your post totally agreed with mine... You also sed there were no green or red markers!

:lol:

But yes, I am familiar with the habit of calling them green or red markers, though I try not to do so myself since it is misleading. Many folks think incorrectly about this, especially the newer ones, and referring to markers wrongly only spreads the confusion. I was trying to set the record straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:44 am 

I just ask where I can find a marker, if I'm stuck. If I think it's important to tell which set I'm on, I'll either say "I already got (x) of them" or, if I'm talking to someone who already understands that the markers don't belong to one set or another, I'll say "I'm on the (green) or (red) part."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:45 pm 

Thankyou all for advice. Guess I need to start with a new avatar, unless I can delete my marker collection and start again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't understand the problem, John. You found 15 markers... Did you register them in the machine in the GZ Observation and start your second set? (If you did you now have a GZ Courtyard link in Nexus / personal).

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Do this John...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:05 pm 

John, I do not think you need to begin again with a new avi...

As in previous posts I wil, too, reiterate:

1) Markers have no color - they light up only when your KI is close to them, and if you look at them they have a white light in the middle and a thin red line on the outer circle.
2) The KI is where the color differentiation is set: the first set is shown in a semi-circle of green, and after you register it in the GZ Observation Tower you will then see the second set show up in a semi-circle of red.

Here is the following steps to check where you are at this moment:

[spoiler]1) When you login to Relto go to the Nexus...
2) Open the Nexus up and click on the Personal Links
3) If you see a GZ Courtyard link, then you have already collected the first set of markers (15)
4) Open your KI - there should be a semi-round circle with little marker placeholders - some may be lit up, some may be unlit... if you see green then go the GZ Observation tower and register them if you count 15... if you see red in the ones lit up then this is where you are at the moment (there are only 8 markers available for the second set so far).

If you do have red in your KI, but no GZ Courtyard link then you have another issue: I faced this problem when I created a new hood after having already collected my 23 markers... I lost my GZ Courtyard link (this is a known bug). But there is a work around.

1) Join a bevin that has a link in their book
2) Get a friend who has a link in their book to join your bevin[/spoiler]

Hope that helps....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:34 pm 

Hi and thanks for help. What I THINK I've done is collect 17 markers before registering the "greens" and wasted two markers from DRC Yard, which is why I only can get to 6 "reds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

You shouldn't be able to collect any more markers once you hit 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:58 pm 

earthwizard;
Quote:
1) Join a bevin that has a link in their book
2) Get a friend who has a link in their book to join your bevin

Tried #2 and it didn't work. Would try #1 but I'm afraid I may lose more of what I already have.

It was explained to me as; The Nexus is your individual space. Nobody else can effect it so their links won't appear there for you and joining their hood will not get any of their links into your Nexus.

Post subject: An actual RED marker
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 pm 

I don't know if this is applicable to this thread, but... in the past, during the dozens of marker quests I've completed, all the actual markers hovering in the air were white, with or without a red slash angling through them.

Last night, after hearing that the bridge was open and complete again, I took a stroll, and while looking down from the bridge near the library end, noticed an actual RED marker hovering in the air. It was pulsing, as the white ones do, but I did not notice the sound normally associated with them. I could not "harvest" the marker, as clicking on it or the indicator in my Ki did not do anything.

Do these mean anything?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next