It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: First Contact
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:40 am 

I was thinking about this the other day when I was laying in bed. I have a thing for the history of the Natives living in the southwest. I apologize if I get some spellings wrong with this, but I wanted to get people's opinions on this.

I'm sure a lot of you know about the Pueblo people living in New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado. The way I understand it, they believed that their ancestors first emerged from the Sipapu; a hole in the ground. Supposedly the real Sipapu lies at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I don't know when the Anasazi first arrived, but I know they're considered ancient people, and I know that they almost reached Eddy County, NM. I do believe the people living in that area shared the same religion.

Now, when the D'ni first arrived in the cavern, and possibly for a while after, didn't a few find their way to the surface through tunnels? I hope I don't offend anyone, but I find the parallel there fascinating.

THe only problems I have with the theory are that I really don't know where the cavern is in relation to the surface (is it under the US, Mexico, the ocean?), and I'm not 100% sure the timeframe fits.

Just speculating on something. From an OOC view, of course this isn't true, but I wonder if Rand Miller thought of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
You might be interested in reading the chatlog from the 'We the D'ni' - Puzzlers Presentation Series #2 as I believe it touches on this topic.

I'm sure the Millers, et al definitely considered the history of the area and the people there when building the background story for Myst and Uru. It just dovetails too beautifully to be accidental.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]