It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 pm 

Would you fall straight down and into the fissure again, creating an endless loop?

Portal is coming to mind :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:40 pm 

If at first you don't succeed... you phail :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:56 am 

I'd say the fissure would return you to where it itself was written in, and not the Age, for, of course, no Age has a fissure that opens up into the universe/Great Tree/basically void of all existence. You'd have to write it in, describing a sort of "rip" in all surrounding space leading back to the space surrounding your current Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:45 am 

AndyCloseEyes wrote:
I'd say the fissure would return you to where it itself was written in, and not the Age, for, of course, no Age has a fissure that opens up into the universe/Great Tree/basically void of all existence. You'd have to write it in, describing a sort of "rip" in all surrounding space leading back to the space surrounding your current Age.

I'm more inclined to believe this, since a Book can be written anywhere, even braught to other Ages while someone completes it. However, if you do indeed keep linking back through previous ages with the fissure, you would probably eventually end up wherever the Bahro originated.

As for using Garternay as an example, I don't think that was an issue of the age itself destabalizing, I think that was just a planet in its natural death throes. For an age to destabalize like Riven did then they must have tried messing with a universal constant, altering the fundimentals of gravity or some such. Otherwise, just Riven would have been destroyed, rather than the universe around it as well.

"When you are courting a beautiful woman an hour seems like a second. When you are sitting on a hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That is relativity" -Albert Einstein

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2