It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 pm 

A thought: why is it that Yeesha has such a definate interest in the Bahro, to the point that she seems to hold them up on a higher level than the D'ni? I propose a theory: not very much is known about the Bahro, but we have seen evidences of their power (for example, Bahro Stones vs the D'ni thick Linking Books, which took vast amounts of time to write and were much less portable than the Stones). It would seem that the Bahro have powers that we do not know much about. Because of this, it is a possibility that Yeesha could be receiving her powers from the Bahro... any thoughts anyone?

"Believe that you may know."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 am 
Obduction Backer

The powers of the Bahro are indeed mysterious. I'm not sure we will ever understand them.

However, based on the fact that the linking books seem to be at least vaguely related to that power, I'll venture the theory that the basic principle of defining an age to create the link is similar in nature. The fact that Yeesha (and even Echer) seem to have grown in their ability to create ages and link (at least to known locations) after studying the Bahro could be evidence of that.

Possibly, the Bahro are able to imagine and visualize things so clearly that such vision acts as a substitute for a linking book. Developing that talent in a human or D'ni to the same degree is difficult, but there are a rare few (see above) who have devoted a lifetime of study of the Bahro and managed some success. Even so, they can only link to places they have been before and only with concentration. That mental capacity for visualization also aids Yeesha to write better ages and even modify existing ages in ways the traditional D'ni never managed.

That's my theory and I'll stand by it for at least an hour.
David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 am 

I believe the Bahro exist in more dimensions than we can see. This would explain how their pedestal seems to be in several places at once. They are creatures that, somehow, are able to travel along the Great Tree at will.

The Art is just a mode of transportation along the Great Tree, but clearly it is not the only one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]