It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:26 am 

There was something I came across on the internet about the camels in New Mexico. However this is after the stories that happened in the Book of T'iana but why couldn't it of happened before this also.

"In the summer of 1857 New Mexicans thought the circus had arrived. A camel caravan marched through the villages along the Rio Grande, but it was no circus. The camels belonged to the United States Army. They were being tested to see how well they worked in the southwestern desert. Desert conditions quickly wore out mules and horses. It was hoped that camels would be stronger animals. Brought from the Middle East in 1855, the first army camels were stationed in Texas.Today the skeleton from one camel of the New Mexico caravan stands in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. It is the last remains of the camels' visit to New Mexico."

I just thought about after seeing this that camels could have showed up in New Mexico before this and there was no records of it. Just a suggestion.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/9755/NManimals.html

Also Came across this on Wikipedia

"Fossil evidence indicates that the ancestors of modern camels evolved in North America during the Palaeogene period, and later spread to Asia. Humans first domesticated camels before 2000 BC. The dromedary and the Bactrian camel are both still used for milk, meat, and as beasts of burden—the dromedary in western Asia, and the Bactrian camel further to the north and east in central Asia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

stephenisakeeper wrote:
There was something I came across on the internet about the camels in New Mexico. However this is after the stories that happened in the Book of T'iana but why couldn't it of happened before this also.

"In the summer of 1857 New Mexicans thought the circus had arrived. A camel caravan marched through the villages along the Rio Grande, but it was no circus. The camels belonged to the United States Army. They were being tested to see how well they worked in the southwestern desert. Desert conditions quickly wore out mules and horses. It was hoped that camels would be stronger animals. Brought from the Middle East in 1855, the first army camels were stationed in Texas.Today the skeleton from one camel of the New Mexico caravan stands in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. It is the last remains of the camels' visit to New Mexico."

I just thought about after seeing this that camels could have showed up in New Mexico before this and there was no records of it. Just a suggestion.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/9755/NManimals.html

Also Came across this on Wikipedia

"Fossil evidence indicates that the ancestors of modern camels evolved in North America during the Palaeogene period, and later spread to Asia. Humans first domesticated camels before 2000 BC. The dromedary and the Bactrian camel are both still used for milk, meat, and as beasts of burden—the dromedary in western Asia, and the Bactrian camel further to the north and east in central Asia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel

I believe the part of BoT which had camels also had Muslim traders, something very unlikely for New Mexico at the time. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am 

Gehn, lord of ages wrote:
I believe the part of BoT which had camels also had Muslim traders, something very unlikely for New Mexico at the time. :wink:

Thought you should see this.

"Dr. Barry Fell (Harvard University) introduced in his book Saga America - 1980 solid scientific evidence supporting the arrival, centuries before Columbus, of Muslims from North and West Africa. Dr. Fell discovered the existence of Muslim schools at Valley of Fire, Allan Springs, Logomarsino, Keyhole Canyon, Washoe and Hickison Summit Pass (Nevada), Mesa Verde (Colorado), Mimbres Valley (New Mexico) and Tipper Canoe (Indiana) dating back to 700-800 CE. Engraved on rocks in the old western US, he found texts, diagrams and charts representing the last surviving fragments of what was once a system of schools - at both an elementary and higher levels. The language of instruction was North African Arabic written with old Kufic Arabic script. The subjects of instruction included writing, reading, arithmetic, religion, history, geography, mathematics, astronomy, and sea navigation."

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Arti ... lumbus.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 am 

It has been stated (by RAWA, I think), that the information in BoT about the position of D'ni was an intentional misinformation, to keep people from searching and visiting D'ni.
(From an IC point of view, of course).

Since the beginning of the restoration, and since the actual position of D'ni is known to the public (read: us explorers), these false informations habe become obsolete. (So - no Tadjinar, no Lord Amanjira - and - sorry - no camels.)

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Post subject: Real Facts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:38 pm 

Rabenschwinge wrote:
It has been stated (by RAWA, I think), that the information in BoT about the position of D'ni was an intentional misinformation, to keep people from searching and visiting D'ni.
(From an IC point of view, of course).

Since the beginning of the restoration, and since the actual position of D'ni is known to the public (read: us explorers), these false informations habe become obsolete. (So - no Tadjinar, no Lord Amanjira - and - sorry - no camels.)

These are real facts in history nothing to do with the book

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:47 pm 

I know. I responded to this part of your post:

stephenisakeeper wrote:
... However this is after the stories that happened in the Book of T'iana but why couldn't it of happened before this also. ...

because I thought, you were trying to proof, that it happened like it was written in BoT.

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]