It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:22 pm 

Gehn, lord of ages wrote:
Slump Virus wrote:
i got a question.
How does one survive the land onto the surface?
maybe things just find their way into some portal that leads to just above the ground. i dont know

From the evidence of the other fissure we've seen, and common sense, I'm guessing that you might not accelerate at all in the Fissure itself (due to not having any gravity in its between-worlds state, perhaps, or at least being in between the gravities of Riven and Earth) and that the Fissure opens only a short distance from your fall from Riven (so you only accelerate a little there - a couple feet of falling) and close to the surface on Earth (like we see in Uru - only some feet up from the ground or something). The combined acceleration is still probably somewhat harsh (and the Stranger is probably a bit squishier than the Uru avatars) but nothing lethal (obviously, since the Stranger survives for later adventures - however, there is enough time between those for the Stranger to recuperate from any broken bones or other serious injuries). Even the Riven remnants showed no major breakage (aside from the tearing and warping from when the Fissure's seal was broken), and I'd assume that at least the telescope would be a bit fragile in parts (or hey, the whark - they probably have somewhat thicker bones than a human, but none of those bones got broken, right?).

In URU, if I recall correctly, you appear just out of sight of the camera. Assuming that the male Avvi is 6ft, the screen would be at least 20ft high, which would be a two story drop. This is probably the limit, where someone without either training, or a soft landing, would break there bones. Considering however, that the Avvie survives this drop, it wouldn't be surprising that The Stranger survives it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 am 

Ti'ana was Ti'ana

What everyone has over looked is Gehn did have a feonsia and her name was Katran.
Katran later died during giving birth to Atrus! This is why Gehn is so harsh twards Atrus and
one of the reasons why he brang him to his mother Ti'ana to look after.

On Riven Catherine was tricked by Sirrus and Akenar and was trapped on Riven where she was found
by the natives living there called the Moity(spelling). Gehn saw her and sence she looked uncanly like
his lost love katran. He disided on taking her under his wing and teach her the Art and also marry her.
But Catherine had other plans so Gehn had her imprisoned. Now when Gehn found out that Catherine
was Atrus's wife I'm not sure on that. But before Catherine was imprisoned she somehow excaped and
she and Ti'ana helped to stablise Riven. ( this is were without going back and reading I get fuzzy )

The Star Fissure has always been here it is apart of the Book of Earth, The Star Fissure drawing appears in
Er'canna. The Cleft (shape is shaped just like the SF), Relto. Is there anywhere eles it appears or there is
a drawing of it? The Great Tree of Possibility, The people of the Root, The Art, The Bahro, The Grower &
The Star Fissure are all dynamacly connected to eachother, that leads to quantom bubbles of dimension as
branches and leafs on the Great Tree of Possibility. Means; Ages = branches and leafs.
The Great Tree (its trunk) = The space of a sea of stars (as Atrus says in BOA I believe) is the Star Fissure!
Or rather a tear in the trunk or 'Doorway' could call it a perdictable quantom rift that only the Grower can
manipulate as Yeesha said the 'River' has begun to flow again and in The cleaned out Kadish Vault (read the small
pieces of paper you find on the ground ). The Maker can not always look after the Great Tree so he made a
caretaker or should I say caretakerS = The Bahro!

And there yea have it. ;)

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Katran IS Catherine...

... Keta is Gehn's wife (Atrus's mother)...

Catherine is Atrus's misprononciation of her Riven name, Katran... but, Catherine was Gehn's fiance...
... however, their engagement came prior to the events of Riven in the Book of Atrus... by the time of Riven Atrus and Catherine were married and Gehn had Catherine imprisoned in Riven...

Catherine look's disimilar to Keta, and the destabilization of Riven took place durring the game...
... also, Ti'anna is Aitrus's (Atrus's grandfather's) d'ni name for Anna; it means "story teller"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 pm 

TY Main_Avvie for the correction.

I'm re-reading and trying to find out the canon, On just how Catherine and Ti'ana met because they DID
help stabilise Riven to some degree, and just 'how' Atrus was imprisoned in K'veer WITH the Riven
discriptive book. Atrus MUST have had a way out, maybe he had a linking book back to Crome M...
because no one could live, trapped in one room for very long. I know from Myst4 that Sirrus and Akenar
had a hand in trapping Catherine on Riven, Question, did Sirrus and Akenar ever meet Gehn or visa virsa ?
Another question, On Trap Books was answered in M4 as a Trap Book is really a dead end Age with noway
back out. If this is true then Gehn is still very much alive. BUT with Riven the Trap Book sent you to a pitch black
place and not K'veer, or maybe it was too much for Cyan to put into one game idk. I like to think that the
K'veer in the Riven Trap Book was actualy K'veer but on a alternate reality or dimention to the True K'veer.
Remember Real Myst it had one extra age in it that the other Myst games didn't, It is a very cold age of Rime.
in Rime Atrus had built the first version of the 'crystal viewer' which helped explaine how ages and changing
ages work or rather each tiny little change or big change you make to the orignal age it actualy links you to
a compleatly differant Age with the changes you made added to it. So Gehn did get out of Riven and back to
D'ni but Gehn's D'ni/K'veer is a compleatly differant age ( branch/leaf ) of the orignal K'veer/D'ni.

This quantom technology called 'The Art' by the D'ni had strict rules rightfuly so because it would be too easy
to get lost in the quantom continuem of time and space. Only one D'ni person was givin the power to adjust or
minapulate the quantom 'River(s)' aka The Grower, whom also controlled the Bahro.
The Bahro are quantom beings they can move through and change the quantom filaments and strings like
they were nothing, its second nature to them. and also why they MUST be controlled!
Or risk loosing 'The Art' and being able to Link at all through books!
Ri'nef knew he must write in a way to keep 'The Art' alive in his new Age of Earth which I believe was a Seed
for another Great Tree, and for this tree to grow and to stay connected it needed caretakers! (bahro)
The rosetta stone I have one question: the Center Stone the one we have to unlock, Why is it locked
by 4 Ages, and for what porpus? Esher said one of the ages was a prison age for D'ni criminals. etc.
But why these ages and not others or have ages at all attached to the rosetta stone? I think Yeesha said
that those ages are the Bahros ages. Hua? This is all so confusing. Along with Yeesha's criptive talking
doesn't help at all (in the beginning of M5 ). Waiting Lots of waiting but for what? I think the Stranger should
have kept the tablet for himself. Only problem is What to do with it once you have it, and the game M5
did not go far enough for this choice to happen, the game just ends there period. So yea M5 is messed up.
Because when I played M5 I did each solution and the best one I took the stone and kept it! >:) :D
but I can't do anything with it, sure hope Cyan comes in with a few major huge updates to MoulA
which will tie up and reveal the true canon along with the 'Right' placement of M5 content into MoulA.
Update 2 Cyan will addin Kelio the Se'er puzzles etc. and put back and restore the orignal game play puzzles.
(the light garden puzzles for bevin and Kirel which has bahro stones in its EggRoom to differant areas of the city
so you could get past all the blockades rockfalls & barracades that once lined the city of Ae'gura)
restore the gareseen Wall training game a BIG MUST! and have the bahro stones link to the Main city
and not the instanced one connected to your bevin! so we can hold parties on the rooftop again! etc.
The way MoulA is now is so far from the orignal in the way it works and was supposed to orignaly work
its not funny and pretty sad IMO, because If it isn't changed back then MoulA is a complete Farse! as far
as the storyline canon goes! and thus can NEVER be fully realised.

Or are we now lost in the many quantom
realities of the cavern and cut off from CANON all together?!?
AGAIN WE MUST GET THE ROSETTA STONE BACK! if we are to even have a remote chance to get back
'The Art' again. Do not fully release the Bahro from your relto keep the pillars there!!! If they all go
and the now freed bahro from your relto diside to leave and not stay to help teach us or protect the cavern from
the evil bahro, then the new human D'ni I fear will TRULY BE DEAD!

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 am 
Obduction Backer

VoiZod wrote:
TY Main_Avvie for the correction.

I'm re-reading and trying to find out the canon, On just how Catherine and Ti'ana met because they DID
help stabilise Riven to some degree, and just 'how' Atrus was imprisoned in K'veer WITH the Riven
discriptive book.

[spoiler]Ti'ana had followed Atrus and Gehn down to watch over Atrus a little. In her spying on Gehn, she ran into Catherine. I think most of the stabilization efforts for Riven were by Atrus (he seems a bit better at that side of things, while Ti'ana and Katran did more work on adding in crazy stuff without unbalancing it). The Riven descriptive book had been moved to K'veer for Atrus' changes (was that with Gehn putting it there for him, or Catherine managing to steal it out for him?).[/spoiler]

Quote:
Atrus MUST have had a way out, maybe he had a linking book back to Crome M...
because no one could live, trapped in one room for very long. I know from Myst4 that Sirrus and Akenar
had a hand in trapping Catherine on Riven, Question, did Sirrus and Akenar ever meet Gehn or visa virsa ?

Atrus probably had some links out (aside from the Riven book, which would technically be a link, but not be a feasible one to use). However, he'd still be trapped away from Myst, his Ages, his supplies, his home, and specifically much of his supplies of book making materials.

Sirrus and Achenar were born after Gehn was imprisoned in Riven and the family had cut off all kinds of contact to it. Gehn mentions just years of being alone in the island, not disruptions by grandchildren.

Quote:
Another question, On Trap Books was answered in M4 as a Trap Book is really a dead end Age with noway
back out. If this is true then Gehn is still very much alive. BUT with Riven the Trap Book sent you to a pitch black
place and not K'veer, or maybe it was too much for Cyan to put into one game idk. I like to think that the
K'veer in the Riven Trap Book was actualy K'veer but on a alternate reality or dimention to the True K'veer.

In Riven it was described as trap books being a sort of half-way link. They link... but don't get to the destination, basically, trapped within the void. A whole other Age (although heh, it would basically be the same models and all as K'veer), with the Stranger confronting Gehn and making a quick escape to leave him trapped there... would have been too complicated, especially for a bad ending [same with whole explorable Ages for the Myst trap books], so this was much more convenient).

Quote:
Remember Real Myst it had one extra age in it that the other Myst games didn't, It is a very cold age of Rime.
in Rime Atrus had built the first version of the 'crystal viewer' which helped explaine how ages and changing
ages work or rather each tiny little change or big change you make to the orignal age it actualy links you to
a compleatly differant Age with the changes you made added to it. So Gehn did get out of Riven and back to
D'ni but Gehn's D'ni/K'veer is a compleatly differant age ( branch/leaf ) of the orignal K'veer/D'ni.

Could be. Could be something like Spire, except even better developed - simply natural work that provides the illusion of such a link (or, since the Stranger would have to get out anyway, Atrus could have done some work to carve/model it out to appear more like K'veer, along with putting however the Stranger gets out while leaving Gehn trapped).

Quote:
The rosetta stone I have one question: the Center Stone the one we have to unlock, Why is it locked
by 4 Ages, and for what porpus? Esher said one of the ages was a prison age for D'ni criminals. etc.
But why these ages and not others or have ages at all attached to the rosetta stone? I think Yeesha said
that those ages are the Bahros ages. Hua? This is all so confusing.

Indeed.

I'm not sure if either person knows the reason why those four Ages were picked (Esher seems clearly confused about why Taghira was one). We've got one prison Age, one bloody sport Age, one surveying-the-heavens Age, and one beachy Age which might have more bahro connections than other Ages. It might be that they are somewhat symbolic (Justice corrupted, Cruelty as a sport, Pride in their accomplishments, and...). It could be that the bahro were used or were first interacted with in a certain way in these Ages in ways the game doesn't really reveal. One might similarly ask why the Ages in the ABM journey got picked, out of all Ages. Some ease-of-trial stuff, to make a challenge for anyone who will take the quest that can't be bypassed or manipulated, some symbolism/diversity, and some other factors we don't fully know.

Quote:
AGAIN WE MUST GET THE ROSETTA STONE BACK! if we are to even have a remote chance to get back
'The Art' again. Do not fully release the Bahro from your relto keep the pillars there!!! If they all go
and the now freed bahro from your relto diside to leave and not stay to help teach us or protect the cavern from
the evil bahro, then the new human D'ni I fear will TRULY BE DEAD!

We're not fully sure the Tablet holds the power that powers the Art, or that it is in bad hands (Yeesha's bahro seemed to be the most major force following in Myst V, and as so far nothing too bad in regards to Unlimited Ages And An Army of Bahro et all has happened, it could be taken care of as best possible). Not all the freed bahro decide to just leave and not protect the cavern, although I suspect more would if it became clear that we weren't going to keep up the moral ground of freeing them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Voizod wrote:
On just how Catherine and Ti'ana met

I'm quite sure that Mother-in-Law / Daughter thing never worked out..Rarely does...Ask any Husband...

wisedude321 wrote:
The Stranger survives it

"And All Is Well and URU Lives On"

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3