It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 pm 

I always wondered why she saved him? I mean, if he was such a deceiver and a horder of "things", why did she save him?

Also a quick question..
Was Kadish part of a guild? If so which one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kadish was a Guild Master of the Guild of Writers but got kicked out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 pm 

Gehnma wrote:
I always wondered why she saved him? I mean, if he was such a deceiver and a horder of "things", why did she save him?

I think it was sheer arrogance, during her period of "pride". She decided that she knew better than he did what kind of an end he should make of his life, so she saved him for something she considered "better". (I agree with her that his death seemed a waste, but that was his decision to make, not hers.)

Read Yeesha's note in the empty vault. What we can make out is just screaming "pride", talking about having the powers of gods, etc. But, why is it torn up? I suspect that something bad happened as a result of her interference with Kadish's death (such as Calam's death?), and that she later tore up the note in remorse for having grown so arrogant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:25 am 

^ oooooooooo Good point *writes that down*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:52 am 

BrettM wrote:
Read Yeesha's note in the empty vault. What we can make out is just screaming "pride", talking about having the powers of gods, etc. But, why is it torn up? I suspect that something bad happened as a result of her interference with Kadish's death (such as Calam's death?), and that she later tore up the note in remorse for having grown so arrogant.

Yeesha made no mistake. She is as powerful as she believes, remember. She is not proud, she gives herself to the Least, to destroying the last treacherous hold that the evils of D'ni aristocracy had on their shameful legacy. Kadish died of a mistake; his own, but a mistake nonetheless. Through the path of the shell, we learn that Kadish, although a bigot, is worthy of some pity, of a second chance. I doubt that our Grower merely snatched Kadish from his fate; I expect more of a choice offered, a request similiar to our own Journeys. The Kadish who left the vault is not the same as the one who entered, and Yeesha has repented for her one slip of pride over truth.

Marentan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:33 pm 

Quote:
Kadish died of a mistake; his own, but a mistake nonetheless. Through the path of the shell, we learn that Kadish, although a bigot, is worthy of some pity, of a second chance.

Really? I just don't understand why? If this was the case, then why does'nt Yeesha save many other people from thier past? In fact, why don't she just change the past? Although I know that might erase her completly because of the time space continum (Butterfly flaps its wings).

Maybe she saved him cause he brought to light the fact of the prophecies, and she was able to understand her role... who knows?

I'm so confused over this Kadish being saved issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:49 pm 

I don't get the whole "He died with a linking book right there" thing. If he went to Tolesa to escape from the gas in D'ni, why would he link back there? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:46 pm 

I thought he died BEFORE the fall... Not much before, but before...

Am I wrong?

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:10 pm 

www2 wrote:
I don't get the whole "He died with a linking book right there" thing. If he went to Tolesa to escape from the gas in D'ni, why would he link back there? :?

Yea that's another one, his bones are like right there reaching for the book. I mean, in his last dying moment was he deciding to go back or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:13 pm 

He died during/after the fall. As in, he fled, then, paranoid and afraid that everyone was dead, stayed, wrote a suicide note, and starved to death among his wealth.

No one, including (I suppose) Yeesha, can write themselves out. If they contradict their origen world, they are merely aliens upon linking in; the world to which they Link is no longer the one that was their home. Yeesha didn't save D'ni because D'ni as it was had to die.

Ben

Last edited by Marentan on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:33 pm 

Jeez, with all the treasure and stuff, kadish seemed to forget the food... what a miscalculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 pm 

Actually, we don't know much about the exact circumstances under which Kadish died. All we know is that he opted to "cling to his wealth" - we don't know what his other options were. His suicide note doesn't tell us much about his death either - just that he knew he was dying (going to die?) and that he chose to die alone with his wealth.

KI# 45434

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 am 

I trully hope that Kadish's story is extended when the time for new things begin. Tolesa reeks of hidden things, I have always thought so after learning who found their end there, and what he once was in CC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 pm 

Kadish has to be pretty important, or why would Yeesha save him..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:46 am 
Obduction Backer

I think she saved him because although he died clinging to his wealth, in his last moments he changed his mind. He was reaching toward the linking book trying to fix his mistake, but he just didn't quite make it.

I think Yeesha thought Kadish could redeem himself if given a little more time... so she gave it to him, because in that last instant he decided to try to fix his mistake.

Annnacat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next