It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Kadish Trapped?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:27 pm 

When the Gallery doors were opened last night Dan'ni spoke to Engberg who mentioned that it took them lot of time to reopen the Kadish Gallery doors because the power to them had been severed meaning that they couldn't open from inside or out!

As far as we know Kadish went to his age (yes , the purple one) and died there. Apparently he had a linking book to the gallery with him at all times and could have "escaped" if he had wanted to. But what if he tried and couldn't because the D'ni actually imprisoned him in his age by cutting power to the gallery doors and therefore "trapping" him there. Perhapse he didn't stay there of free will? :?

Or maybe i'm going off on a tangent once again :P Thoughts?

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:39 pm 

Wow. Interesting thought, TG.

Though given what an inveterate paranoid Kadish was, I'd be truly surprised if there weren't a secret exit from the gallery somewhere that didn't involve linking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm 

Oh I've had that thought for years now, it's just now we have evidence even if it can be used on both sides of the argument. Here's another thought, Tolesa has multiple gates like the one found in "Revelation" all of which just as broken.

No matter which way you look at it something big happened in Tolesa.

Running from the Fall can explain the power being cut, but all the broken gates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:03 pm 

MustardJeep wrote:
Running from the Fall can explain the power being cut, but all the broken gates?

I always thought that the broken gates were due to KT being inherently unstable. We don't know how time travels there, but even if we assume that it travels at the same rate as time here, 200 years of super-rapidly growing trees could seriously put the hurt on just about any kind of construction, without any outside interference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:20 pm 

I think that Kadish probably cut the power to the Gallery doors himself before fleeing into Kadish Tolesa - probably to protect more of his treasures from the rebels of the Fall, and also to further obscure/hinder discovery of the clues to penetrate his Age.

I also remember reading somewhere that Kadish Tolesa was a little bit screwed up, and the broken stuff was because the trees ended up having higher growth rates than expected, so architecture attached to trees ended up being distorted/broken. Sadly I don't recall what my source for this was...

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:22 pm 

Tree growth does explain the rather bumpy condition of the floor, but unless something is seriously off with the trees they generally prefer to grow around objects.

A tree growing under a barb wire fence tends to grow along side it first, then over it as the tree does it's thing growing up and out. In time the trunk is straight with the barb wire running thru it unbroken.

There is evidence of this behavior in Tolesa. :)

I personally attributed the tree damage theory as a explaination for the large holes in the floors, and the missing bits of construction. Most of the missing chunks seem to be centered around object half in, half out of a tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kadish Tolesa was like a mansion estate, the trees grew up and out of control ripping the estate apart, this was down to Kadish's shoddy writing skills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:52 pm 

Have you noticed the empty vault is actually in the same age? Maybe Kadish is tricking everyone and it's not actually his dead body there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:07 pm 

Leonor wrote:
Have you noticed the empty vault is actually in the same age? Maybe Kadish is tricking everyone and it's not actually his dead body there?

No, it's not the same age. A D'ni linking book is unable to link to a location in the same age. I believe that the linking book links to a copy of the descriptive book. The age is similar but it's not the same age.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 pm 

Leonor wrote:

It is in Kadish Tolesa - but there are some notable differences. It's strongly implied that it's an alternate version of Kadish, changed somehow, and that Yeesha's responsible, because her mandala is on the book you use to get there. Not to mention her notes...

The major differences are that the vault doors are of a different type of construction (hinged vs. sliding), the walkways are more broken down, and that there is no Journey door.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:47 pm 

I'm sorry tweek but that's the one spot that has always been a bit fishy for me.

A exmaster of the guild of writters not spotting a error that sends the flora of a age out of control?

Or not be able to correct/stablize said error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm 

maybe he forsaw an end and chose to let the trees grow to better fortify his age? it seems to me that the way the trees are and how they are growing it would be a great fortifier in a short span of time.

Uru Obsession Bevin
Heek Player

"Heek or go home!" -Mole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:57 pm 

What I think is impressive about Kadish Tolesa is that you can see some spots where it has crumbled away and visualize how it once was. For example I'd imaginethe vault was always suspended, but that the area we walk along was much larger, more like a courtyard.

And I think the reason Kadish had a flawed writing style might have been his experimentations thinking he was the Grower (though this may or may not be part ofthe official storyline.. TPOTS might not get put in the same way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:25 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
And I think the reason Kadish had a flawed writing style might have been his experimentations thinking he was the Grower (though this may or may not be part ofthe official storyline.. TPOTS might not get put in the same way)

That's a good thought. It might explain why he got kicked out of the guild -- he was caught breaking the rules trying to do the "impossible", just as Yeesha now does what the D'ni would have forbidden. After that failure, he turned to deception.

Post subject: Kadish Alive???
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:01 pm 

Is it possible that Kadish is alive?

Yeesha leaves note to the effect that the saved Kadish's life, and that she has powers that rival the gods. Is it possible that her skills with the Art involve time travel, and that she wrote a link to the vault at a point where Kadish was still alive, and she freed him?

Just wondering.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next