It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lelan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:16 am 

Who is this Lelan in the picture in the Museum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 am 

If memory serves Lelan was a woman who became Queen during Hemelin's reign and was instrumental in ending the first D'ni plague left over from the Pento Wars. She discovered the lost "Book of Birenni" which was an Age belonging t the Guild of Healers. With that they eradicated the plague. It has always been my belief that the plague during the Pento war and the plague that caused The Fall are connected somehow. Like the philosopher used remnants of the original plague to develop a stronger mutation. That last bit is purely speculation though.

The Book of Birenni was a Garternayan Age that was lost shortly after the move to D'ni. There were very little records of it because it was so ancient. Apparently a plant on the Age was used as the basis for a cure to the Pento plague. FYI, this is more "history and myths" than "off topic" as most of this info can be found in the King notebooks, particularly the one on King Hemelin. You can find them in the Hall of Kings (that round room in Ae'gura just up the stairs from the Tokotah Plaza.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 am 

Reference: King Hemelin Journal available to read online in Hall of Kings. 13th King of D'ni - 2193 DE To 2356 DE
Hemelin and Lelan were married in 2262 DE.

Transcribed on GoG forum here.

Beginning of the plague during the reign of King Gan, 11th King of D'ni, 2015 DE To 2070 DE.

A list of transcribed journals (including the ones missing from MOULa).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Loshem wrote:
<snip>
The Book of Birenni was a Garternayan Age that was lost shortly after the move to D'ni. <snip>

The correct term there is "Ronay", not "Garternayan". =)

Ronay is the term for the people of Garternay. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 am 

kaelisebonrai wrote:
Loshem wrote:
<snip>
The Book of Birenni was a Garternayan Age that was lost shortly after the move to D'ni. <snip>

Ronay is the name of the race. If a book is written in Germany it is a German book, not a human one. "Garternayan" would be the proper designation because it refers to the place the book was written, not the people who write it.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Loshem wrote:
kaelisebonrai wrote:
Loshem wrote:
<snip>

Ronay is the name of the race. If a book is written in Germany it is a German book, not a human one. "Garternayan" would be the proper designation because it refers to the place the book was written, not the people who write it.

Again, you are incorrect in this.

It is a Ronay Age, just as D'ni is a Ronay Age.

Note that we call the people of Germany "Germans". =)

It is, *correctly*, a Ronay Age.

EDIT: Might I also note there are exactly 2 results on google for "Garternayan"? one being a /very/ recent edit by Marein to the mystlore wiki, which I am currently contesting, and the other in the writer's ring library on www.dpwr.net =P

EDIT2: Interesting to note, it is also in Speculation and theory, on dpwr.net, rather than anywhere else.

I therefore hold that Ronay is the correct term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 am 

You are arguing semantics and are derailing the thread from its original topic. If you really feel the need to attempt to convince me that you are correct and I am wrong please do so in PM, otherwise take a look at my sig and try not to be so callous next time.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

When the OP's question has been answered, definitively, I see no reason to call this derailing. =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]