It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

In the Descent entrance in the beginning of Myst V: End of Ages, where it has a D'ni word on the wall that was mentioned in The Book of Atrus, and had a number below it, what did that word mean in English? I know what the numbers were for (for using the broken telescope controls in Todelmer to get the debris out of the way), but I just don't know what the word stands for. I deciphered the symbols into English letters, but couldn't figure out how to translate it into English. I used the online D'ni Translator, but it didn't recognize the word. And I even used a different translation software, which is only for simplifying the english letters after you decipher the D'ni symbols into English letters to delete extra vowels and consonants and apostrophes in order to type the words correctly in the online translator. But the translator still didn't recognize it. I even tried to keep the suffix out of it, and it still didn't work.

And another thing I was wondering that I just wanna add to this same thread, what do the D'ni words on the crystal diagram in the hut on Rime mean in English? It didn't work on the online translator either. :/

And there's another question. It doesn't have to do with symbols. It has to do with Myst V: End of ages. On some computers, when I install Myst V: End of Ages, an error comes up saying something like (I don't remember it word-for-word):
"The original disk can not be found or authenticated". What is the problem, and how can I fix it if doing the automatic updates and installing DirectX still didn't fix the problem yet? And I can't find a patch for Windows XP. Just for Vista, and some of the folders for the destination on Vista isn't shown on XP's Windows Explorer, even when I do the "Show hidden files and folders" setting.

And one more question. I know this is long, but I've been searching for many answers to these questions for several months on many different search engines. Anyways, In Myst V: End of Ages, when I'm in Laki'ahn, there's this little red bird creature (I consider it as a "bird" cuz of its feet) that stands by the windmill, the wind symbol, and in some locations between the maze exit and the tree house observing the distant isle. What is that creature called? And is it the same type of creature that attacked Ae'Gaeris and Meer (when the creature is fully grown)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

In the Book of Atrus, Anna says that word isn't used in spoken or written D'ni, but it's a word used when writing ages. No explanation is given as to why such a word would be written on a cave wall, especially one so close to the surface. If I were to speculate wildly, I might assume that Gehn carved it there. I think it might have been a word related to rain, but I'm going from memory here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:07 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't know if the name is official, but the bird is usually called a pirahna bird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wafna wrote:
I don't know if the name is official, but the bird is usually called a pirahna bird.

Or, for short, pir bird. I don't think it has an official name we know of.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]