It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pod Ages--or Age?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm 

According to the this map, Negilahn, Dereno, Payiferen, and Tetsonot are all on the same planet, so they're all in the same Age, right?

It's just that was so counter-intuitive for me. Separate books are used to link to those locations, so I thought they were all in different Ages. :?

I was just thinking that on Relto, it may be appropriate to have one linking book that has four different pages linking to the separate pods, like with the book leading to D'ni.

I was also confused because the four locations have different names. It seems like they're all in the same Age but in different locations of it, so it may be fitting to have just one name for the entire Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

your answer is one age... each pod is located on a different continent in the same age...

the name of the age is unknown, since negilahn was the first pod released the age is sometimes referred to as negilahn

and i'm with you, putting all the links to the different pods in one book would have made much more sense... perhaps cyan wanted to fatten up the bookshelf... fill it out a bit; one day perhaps they might have been consolidated into one book to make room for others...

but the fact that the pods are all located on different locations on the same age is indicitive of the mechanics of the pod age puzzle...

the pods share their names with the continents they're located on... even though the map shows multiple pods on the same continent, none of the four pods we have avaliable to us share a location on the same continent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:51 pm 

It might help to know the backstory here. Basically, when the Pods were first released during Gametap's MO:UL, they were released one at a time and we were not told at first that they were on the same Age. There was no map at first, so we all assumed that they were separate Ages. I think it was around the time of the third Pod (Payiferen) that we were also given the map, along with the surprise "plot twist" of learning that the Pods were all on the same Age.

Although Cyan has never given us an official name for the Age, players have named it. I think a few suggestions were made, but the one that stuck the most was "Reziksehv", which is a literal D'ni translation of "The Pod Age". Until such a time as Cyan gives us the "real" name of the Pod Age, Reziksehv is the closest thing to an official name we have and is as good as any other.

MOULa KI#237576

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]