It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:40 pm 

I'm now reading the Book of D'ni, and it seems that Atrus is spending quite a bit of time writing linking books. Do you need to write a linking book every time you go through to a new Age, or is he just being thorough and making sure that every person on his team has a Linking Book back to D'ni and that every Age they explore also has one stashed away as well?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 pm 

UvulaBob wrote:
I'm now reading the Book of D'ni, and it seems that Atrus is spending quite a bit of time writing linking books. Do you need to write a linking book every time you go through to a new Age, or is he just being thorough and making sure that every person on his team has a Linking Book back to D'ni and that every Age they explore also has one stashed away as well?

Frankly, it's moronically stupid to NOT carry a linking book back to Earth or another Age where you can get access to such a linking book, even if indirect.

Atrus would have needed to write a linking book for every age they go to, to make sure they can get back... Because except for Relto, you don't take books with you when you link... :wink:

And Relto wasn't written yet. Yeesha wasn't even BORN.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:15 am 

Because linking books get left behind when you link, you eventually will end up leaving at least one behind in each new age, which means you end up needing a lot of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:39 am 

Indeed. Relto's behavior is very much a deep, deep anamoly. It's the only linking book that you can both use and take with you at the same time. Otherwise you could easily be stuck there forever. Scary.

(Makes the Stranger in the other Myst games seem more courageous when you think about it that way, doesn't it?)

And yeah, Atrus is nothing if not thorough!

Sosiqui in Cavern

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]