It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:30 am 

Shorah everyone,

I am attempting to get to the bottom of this Kadish state corruption bug, and it would really help if I could test with a player that has completed Kadish, but has not visited that age since the last update (performed yesterday, 1/9/07). If you have a player matching these requirements, and are willing to let me login under your account to test, please:

- PM me your account name, password, the name of the player, and a window of time in which I can safely use your account without kicking you off (please include timezone).
- Do not play Uru with said player, to ensure that your Kadish remains in the pre-update state.

When I'm done using your account, I'll let you know via reply PM. I'm sorry, but I can't guarantee that your Kadish won't become corrupted in the process of me visiting it. I'll try to avoid it if at all possible though.

I really appreciate your help with this!

-eap

Update: Thank you everyone for your responses. I should have explicitly mentioned this was on Rehearsal. Many of you sent me your Live account information :) Sorry for the ambiguity!

Last edited by eap on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:28 am 

Update 2: I've learned that by simply visiting your Relto age, your Kadish age state can become corrupted, so I must modify my criteria:

I'm now looking for players that:
- Have completed Kadish
- Have not been used since the 1/9 update.

If you've already sent me your info, please just send me a quick PM letting me know if you match this new criteria.

Thanks everyone!

-eap

PS: It's been really fascinating to see all the different Relto variations :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:36 pm 

Hi everybody.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I'm done using your avatars. They were very helpful, but unfortunately I have yet to get to the bottom of the issue. It appears that all Kadish ages have been partially reset, regardless of whether you logged in after the update or not. It's like a Myst puzzle, but not quite...

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

-eap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:25 am 

Alright. We got 'er fixed. Turns out it was a logic bug, not database corruption. Once we roll this fix out to Rehearsal, all Kadish ages will be restored to their correct state.

Whew!

Thanks everyone,

-eap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 am 

Hi everyone,

It turns out I was a little too optimistic about Kadish states coming back. Unfortunately, if you visited Kadish after the 1/9 update, your age state was overwritten by the default settings and lost forever. The best way to rectify the resulting inconsistency is to delete your Kadish book and re-solve the age from the beginning. We've fixed the bug that caused this, so we shouldn't see this issue again (fingers crossed!)

Thanks!

-eap

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]