It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:25 am 

Hi folks,

Wow, the PING! thread is less than twelve hours old and we already get to use it. We will be pushing a hotfix out to rehearsal shortly (within the hour, most likely) that should fix the server misbehavior we've been seeing on Live. As EAP says, we haven't seen these deadlocks on the rehearsal server so we can't really specifically test for that, but this will be a good chance for us to test for any side effects that this fix may cause. He says that the best way for you to do that is to be in an Age kicking cones and things around while other people are linking in and out. I nominate the neighborhoods, as we have a nice supply of kickable things there like eddie, firemarbles and cones - plus it's not capped like the city is. I'll double-check to make certain eddie is on, so maybe you can play eddie-soccer (or football, futbol - take your pick) or have a cone cannon on the stairs or something. It's not necessary to have all of you in the same Age, nor is it necessary to have everyone on at the same time - we're not testing the server load or anything like that - so maybe you could organize yourselves into groups of twenty or so to prevent link-in madness. If you're in the Nexus, look for hood populations of less than twenty and go have a ball (rim-shot). When I asked what kind of behavior would constitute 'side effects of the fix', I was told "Anything that happens that is not supposed to". So just put in some time if you are able. The test will have no 'official' begining or end, just report in the companion thread in the General section if you see anything wierd tonight *that you haven't seen before this update*. Thanks!

8)

GB

Last edited by gregbert on Thu May 03, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]