It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: /dumplogs confusion
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi, all. I migrated beautifully but got a Net6 after about half an hour. I couldn't find the log of this to report the data, so a day or so later I have come back in to try and test the /dumplogs feature.

I don't know if this situation is unique for me or if I have done something wrong or ? but I am wondering how everyone else is configured for /dumplogs.

In-game I executed /dumplogs/test. I couldn't find anything in my Migration folder but instead this action created a Log folder in my My Documents UruLive (live) folder, and within that another folder named test. But both the the test folder and this new Log folder are completely empty of data. On the other hand, I find that if I go to the old Beta folder (subfolder of UruLive) the ongoing data is stored there in a previously existing Log file.

What this seems to mean is I have no way now to create usable subfolders to dump specific time-stamped logs into. What have I done wrong, or what can I do so that I can send in tickets on specific issues again?

thx.

nerfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Since this is a LIVE migration test and not a Rehearsal Migration test, there are no client logs. the only think your /dumplogs will do is create a folder... with no data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:07 am 
Obduction Backer

thx, gp.

Are others sending in their entire Beta Log then, since this is capturing the data as it happens? It seems that this would be onerous for the Cyan guys to wade through, but that is the only data I could send to back up a ticket at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:17 am 
Obduction Backer

no, there is no log... If you have a log in the Beta folder, it is from the last time you were on the rehearsal servers. We currently have Rehearsal data on Live content servers to test migration. Remember that anything you do there will probably not be migrated back to the rehearsal servers when we are done.
This is phase one of the test.
phase 2 is to migrate the LIVE data from the LIVE servers to the Migration Servers. We will then test that and if all is well, the LIVE servers will be turned off and people will automatically log into the new/better servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:23 am 
Obduction Backer

thx again, gp.

I have been away for quite awhile and had a lot of info to wade through to catch up. You have explained it very simply and beautifully, and you were right about the logs.

nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:41 am 
Obduction Backer

always glad to help. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:18 am 

If rehersal is going to be down for a long time and no rehresal forum to discuss and post about technical bugs that we know about from
our past testing, i woudl suggest turniing the log command back on in live if possible, otherwise the only log based bug reports
will be in house Cyan generated ones and there is no way of us knowing what the staffing will be for support in the silence and the hiatus.
Just a thought.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:50 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree Chris, there has been no way to log live issues. I wish this felt a little less like a lifeline being cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:58 am 
Obduction Backer

I guess I was provoked to say that because Rehearsal is a part of my community,and without the connections I tend to feel cut off from the community, much as I did when both Live and Rehearsal were down at the same time. The forum is a bit like my local paper, I suppose. Here I learn how some of you are faring, including those enormous threads that start up when there's a hiatus of some sort, where all manner of things from Uru to diet and the whereabouts of some people's towels were discussed. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 pm 

Well, it's just as possible to create that sort of community feeling in the main forums. Certain names are very recognisable. Just be careful what you post! :)

The other possibility is to start to hang out in the GoMa forum (http://guildofmaintainers.org/Forum/) where we're charged with the task of checking Ages in the Uru Library Manager using Uru:CC. There's a fair amount of discussion and community building going on there, and in a Live (not rehearsal) context. You'd all be very welcome there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Isn't it likely to look suspicious if a great horde of us descend on that forum all at once?

(Hey! It's the 12th, and I'm posting. Cyan must not be up yet. :wink: )

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm 

There's quite a few of us there already ...

Just use your discretion. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for that link, Dot. I hope that Rehearsal community spirt will be carried on one way or another with discretion. And it's 13th all over. Merry Christmas to those of you reading, in case I don't see you in UL, not all your other avvies are known to me. Here's hoping we see Rehearsal early in the New Year... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 am 

Ya, Happy New year Julia, and thanks Dot for the heads up re Maintainers Guild, that was a good suggestion.

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]