It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am seeing some rougue blue lights in Ahnonay Water Age, even though the quabs are not there. Usually it is a single blue light (plus the one for ME). Sometimes it is at around 8:00 on the display 'clock' and sometimes around 2:00. A couple times the light remained even after I linked out and back. There was another person in the Age in the mainenance area at the time. We finally beat it by BOTH linking out then back.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

An old bug bit me last night. Perhaps it goes along with an abundance of Net 5 and 6 errors caused by this build.
I linked into the Watcher's Pub and met GreyPiffle and 2 others. After a short while I checked my KI and after closing it I noticed the "Buddies" header under the KI had changed to "?Buddies?". Everyone now saw (and heard) me as "Anonymous Coward".
My KI stopped working and I could not access the bottom of the screen options. I had to Alt-F4 to quit the game.
I haven't heard of this bug in a long while. Dumped the log and submitted a ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:55 pm 

dadguy wrote:
I am seeing some rougue blue lights in Ahnonay Water Age, even though the quabs are not there. Usually it is a single blue light (plus the one for ME). Sometimes it is at around 8:00 on the display 'clock' and sometimes around 2:00. A couple times the light remained even after I linked out and back. There was another person in the Age in the mainenance area at the time. We finally beat it by BOTH linking out then back.

Dadguy

If that happens, try having the person in the maintenance area jump in the water. That fixes it for me when that happens, but definitely make sure you mention that the other person is in the maint area when you ticket it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:11 am 

HenryMikel wrote:
An old bug bit me last night. Perhaps it goes along with an abundance of Net 5 and 6 errors caused by this build.
I linked into the Watcher's Pub and met GreyPiffle and 2 others. After a short while I checked my KI and after closing it I noticed the "Buddies" header under the KI had changed to "?Buddies?". Everyone now saw (and heard) me as "Anonymous Coward".
My KI stopped working and I could not access the bottom of the screen options. I had to Alt-F4 to quit the game.
I haven't heard of this bug in a long while. Dumped the log and submitted a ticket.

That bug bit me right after the first update HenryMikel!! I had a new avi and after finally getting her to relto through two Net6's her KI had no KI number, no hood, and ?Buddies?. I tried clicking on my hood book but didn't even get the bullseye cursor. :shock: Logged and ticketed of course. I quit then tried again and everything worked fine - no problem since.....knock on wood. :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow! :lol: I have not encountered the Anonymous Coward bug for a long time, but I did hit it out of the blue once in 8, I think. Leaving the game and returning did the trick. Seems to me this happens when I have clicked on a link and then (usually unintentionally) clicked in another hot spot before the link actually happens. But not every time, so...I don't know.

I saw that quick glimpse of the sphere yesterday, but had no idea what it was. It happened too quickly to get a screen capture, and it only happened once.

I don't have time to read back through all the pages of this thread, so I don't remember if anybody else has reported the following. I've had it happen in some form with all three of my avatars that have been all the way through Ahnonay to K'veer and Myst. Yesterday I spent a long time documenting and ticketing this.

The avatar starts acting buggy (mean person/people avatar and camera - I have this problem at other times, too) in the gear room. Then the vogondola acts buggy. It appears to be going to the other end of the line but keeps stopping and when I use the exit lever my avatar is back at the gear room. I shut down the game (and my computer), restart, return via the shell cloth, but instead of going to sphere 4, the location marked, it goes to 3. However, the main sphere is still on Ahnonay 4 (statue). If I rotate once by going to the Cathedral, the maintenance area goes to 4, and I can finish the age with everything working smoothly.

This happened with my second avatar and reproduced almost exactly with the third. With the first I did not understand Ahnonay as well, did a lot more fruitless running around and had to get a second helper to get me back to 4, but the vogondola was behaving exactly the same before I got lost.

My next step is to find out what happens if I quit the game and reboot right after my helper rotates the sphere and I touch that shell cloth in 1. It should be "clean" and work as intended, but if the link still goes to 3, then there is something very weird going on...

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
...return via the shell cloth, but instead of going to sphere 4, the location marked, it goes to 3. However, the main sphere is still on Ahnonay 4 (statue). If I rotate once by going to the Cathedral, the maintenance area goes to 4, and I can finish the age with everything working smoothly.

That's not a bug. That's the correct behavior, assuming that you used the straight-forward way of solving the age (stay in sphere 1 while someone rotates it for you, then touch the cloth). (All meticulously recorded in my Ahnonay State Diagram, if you feel like wrapping your head around it :).) The key is to understand that the journey bookmark does not take you to a specific sphere, but to a specific point in space, whatever sphere is currently there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
The key is to understand that the journey bookmark does not take you to a specific sphere, but to a specific point in space
This is really important. Hand cloths remember time, shell cloths remember space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
The key is to understand that the journey bookmark does not take you to a specific sphere, but to a specific point in space
This is really important. Hand cloths remember time, shell cloths remember space.
Like Kerryth, it happened to me, too. I ended up in Sphere 3, but I had not rotated anything. Shouldn't the bookmark should have taken me to A4 since it wasn't rotated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Depends. Everybody's first link was reset after the stuck in Ahnonay 4 loop fix. At least one cloth was removed as well, to make 7 = portal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:38 am 
Obduction Backer

It happened to me this morning. I sent in a ticket and got this response:

=============== :: Subject :: ==============
Sphere 4 changed

=============== :: Message :: ==============
I will keep any eye out for that, if you have any thing like this
happen again please let me know.

J.Bronson
Uru Live Support Team Lead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jena wrote:
I've got the old hesitation blues again. I can move for five seconds and then I freeze for at least 30 seconds. I ticketed it and made it an urgent ticket as I can't play that way. No, I didn't have the problem in release 8. I had it a little when release 9 first came out. Then as the releases improved, the lack of being able to move got worse. Would love to go in and check. :(

I finally got a message that my ROM might be inadequate. So I went and bought a 512 - I had (2) 256's - and replaced one of the 256's. Can't afford to replace the other until January. I went for a test run in the cleft and was able to run all around the mountain without a single hiccup. Hopefully it's fixed for now. :lol: I appreciate all the suggestions I was given.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9