It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 am 
Creative Kingdoms

greypiffle wrote:
well DL/// you could always zip up your fixes and send them in a ticket...
:D
I'm sure that even though it is a different Python, they can get a good direction from it.

Boy, wouldn't that be great? There have been so many offers from people like D'Lanor. But Cyan seems to have a clean-room attitude about code offers and submissions in its new era of legal responsibility. And if some of the fixes are as easy as D'Lanor's find/replace multiuser calls, you have to wonder how much of a knowledge exodus ("brain drain") there has been to affect things over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 am 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
well DL/// you could always zip up your fixes and send them in a ticket...
:D
I'm sure that even though it is a different Python, they can get a good direction from it.

Yes, that was what I was planning to do. I am sure some of my fixes will work, especially the fixes that stop the unwanted actions forced upon other avatars.

Many of my fixes could have been better though. At the time I was working under the restriction that no new SDL variables could be added for saving age states to the server. That means those fixes will only work until somebody new links in. The new arrival will be out of sync with the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Does everyone see the Ahnonay spheres constantly rotating when viewed from Kadish's workshop? That makes no sense - they should only rotate when someone's in them using the switches or the Cathedral books. I'm puzzled as to whether that's an intentional feature (and I'm therefore missing something about how the age works), a bug, or if Cyan is just showing off the rotation animation as a treat to us Rehearsalists.

Edit: Just found it mentioned in this thread. I should read all of the forums before posting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 am 

My tickets:
Bookcase books always open on the first page.

Poor join in the texture in The Writers' Pub (behind the stairs) only half the guild symbol is shown.

Can hardly jump in Jalak.

Not yet ticketed, as I've only just found them:
The lightning and the ground lightening do not quite match up. The ground lights up before the spark in the sky appears. (Which sure was hard to get a photo of!)

If you are told the KI is full and can hold no more images, and you press escape, then click on the button to delete an image, you are asked if you are sure, with only the single response available: "No".

Jumping onto Phil's Relto Book, turning around, and performing a running jump results in a good view of the building across the Tokotah alley.

Did Kirel have lanterns before the update?

Phil's Relto book has %s%s on the page.

The Large KI lists show people being in an age named "The".

My son tested whether my laptop power supply is coffee resistant! (It is.)

Edited to add:
If you are in nexus, decide to post an image of the lightning in your relto to your hood imager, so you click on your hood name, then the nexus symbol, your hood book appears, you then check whether your hood is public or not, see it is not, so make it private, then make it public again... (still with me?) then your hood book, which is still showing, has no hotspot.

Edited again to add:
Pub imager doesn't display your newly added images till the previous person to have added images links out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

spdenne wrote:
Not yet ticketed, as I've only just found them:
The lightning and the ground lightening do not quite match up. The ground lights up before the spark in the sky appears. (Which sure was hard to get a photo of!)

It was synched for me. Could it be your latency? I noticed you are New Zealand.

spdenne wrote:
If you are told the KI is full and can hold no more images, and you press escape, then click on the button to delete an image, you are asked if you are sure, with only the single response available: "No".

Actually it happens in many menus. And the "Yes" button will be gone forever until you quit (with Alt+F4 because you can't even confirm quit). I ticketed this long ago although I don't think I mentioned the cause which I only found much later. Then I just stopped pressing escape in dialogs and forgot about it. :oops:

The way those dialogs are programmed is a nightmare. The python code needs to do a wrap up routine after a button is pressed, but it never gets there if you press escape. Escape should be disabled in dialogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:30 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:

The way those dialogs are programmed is a nightmare. The python code needs to do a wrap up routine after a button is pressed, but it never gets there if you press escape. Escape should be disabled in dialogs.

...or wire Return/Esc to Ok/Cancel like it should be. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

SCGreyWolf wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:

...or wire Return/Esc to Ok/Cancel like it should be. ;)

Easier said than done. When I said nightmare I meant it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I found another anomaly in Ahonay-1.
Try to float near the rocks on the side near the end where the linkstone pedestal is. Just before the last corner you are pulled down. Do nothing and you might end up standing in the waterfall. Try to move (swim) and you can swim under the island, dive up somewhere near the clock, or sink away until you get a panic link at last.
Ticketed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
spdenne wrote:

Actually it happens in many menus. And the "Yes" button will be gone forever until you quit (with Alt+F4 because you can't even confirm quit). I ticketed this long ago although I don't think I mentioned the cause which I only found much later. Then I just stopped pressing escape in dialogs and forgot about it. :oops:

I was able to get the "Yes" option back by trying to take another picture, being told the KI was full, then clicking on "OK". Next attempt to delete a picture included the option to say that yes, I was sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:35 am 

spdenne wrote:
My son tested whether my laptop power supply is coffee resistant! (It is.)

/me laughs so hard me nearly hurts myself!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:03 am 

This was strange. Quiremaster (aka me) was joint testing in Ahn with Ivy. We'd successfully reached sluice 4 when almost immediately most of the screen went black for QM, though chat text and the KI were still visible. It was very difficult to type, though, with letters taking several seconds to appear. All seemed normal for Ivy.

QM went back to Relto (no blackout there), then returned via the shell cloth. All seemed normal for a start, then it all went black again and the typing difficulty returned. It seemed to happen when walking along the corridor towards the door.

Ivy tried operating the door, which opened and of course warped QM to the switch too. I still couldn't see what was happening, though. I quit the game to try to clear this.

When QM logged back in, it was to starry Ahn sluice via the cloth and statue Ahn via the picture, which seems a trifle inconsistent. Then the rehearsal server went down.

I don't know whether this is relevant, but Ivy was on a PC and I was on a MacBook Pro (1st gen, ATI graphics with 256 MB vRAM). However, I had previously completed Ahn solo with one of my other avies on a Mac Pro, and that didn't have this Blackout Bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Dot wrote:
When QM logged back in, it was to starry Ahn sluice via the cloth and statue Ahn via the picture, which seems a trifle inconsistent.

That is not inconsistent. It's part of the way Ahnonay works.

[spoiler]
While the statue sphere is in the active position (picture link) the starry one is in an "off" position adjacent to the active position. So if the cloth has been pushed while the sphere it is in was in the same "off" position the linking destination for that cloth is set to the "off" position of the sphere (unless you use the cloth in the sluice area of Ahnonay 2 which is broken and creates always a linking destination in the active position)
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:00 pm 

This is something I just noticed last night, was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

The city book on my shelf keeps resetting to the first page, meaning, if I flip through the book to a page such as the spy room and link there, when I return to relto and open the city book, it is on the first page again, not the spy room page where I left it.

I checked on the Live server, it retains the last page I used, as I think it should.

Ticketed.

_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:00 pm 

Drahcir wrote:
This is something I just noticed last night, was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

The city book on my shelf keeps resetting to the first page, meaning, if I flip through the book to a page such as the spy room and link there, when I return to relto and open the city book, it is on the first page again, not the spy room page where I left it.

I checked on the Live server, it retains the last page I used, as I think it should.

Ticketed.

_

Yes, I have been getting this bug since the beginning of Live 8 on the Rehearsal server. I submitted a ticket and got the standard "We have reviewed the bug and have validated it. We will now process this to our internal bug database. Look for a fix sometime in the future."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:41 pm 

I submited the same ticket and got the same standard answer as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next