It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 am 

wow, thanks Morgon, very detailed and helpful, I am finishing a project tonight but will use your post to help me work through the details of the age mechancs tomorrow or asap. thanks a lot....

there is a lot of detailed dynamics in this age that is for sure.... :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:32 am 

Morgon wrote:
CrisGer wrote:
And I still dont understand how they can get into Starry Ahonnay and NOT Crystal Ahonnay? any ideas?

Guess that is a thing I found out yestrday when playing with Dot in her Ahnonay. I was locked in the tower of Ahnonay 1 while Dot travelled through the different Ahnonays. When she reached sphere 1 again she had the fearless quabs. With my help she was able to get into AHonay 3 again when I then started the age rotation by using the switch in the tower she told me that quabs are falling from the sky :-D ...

Not only that, but when I linked (with Morgon's help) to Ahnonay 1 again, the quabs were half buried in the ground, but still fearless. Some of them seemed to be digging themselves out with their jittery on-the-spot movement.

Again testing with Morgon, but with a different avie whose Ahnonay had been rendered 'interesting' by starting at a point originally created by sharing D'Lanor's cloth link to the lightning page (this was before my avie had actually been to her own Ahn -- she had previously only picked up the Cathedral book), I saw quabs in Ahnonay 1 who no longer skittered away but seemed to jump like sand hoppers from point to point. :o

These quabs Morgon and I could chase off. But when I later relinked to Ahnonay 1, the fearless sort appeared. Perhaps the sand-hopping quabs are an evolutionary stage between normal and fearless. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 am 

This is getting more and more interesting from a evolutionary standpoint, the field biologist in me is intrigued indeed by the rapid acceleration of specialization and adaptation by digital species created by code variants. I wonder if we have inadvertently created digital life, and if we should set aside Ahonnay as a "digital life preserve" for future study?

Quite an interesting Build indeed.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

they are beginning to get a handle on what the issue is and how to fix it. Keep those logs a-comming!!!
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up - it sounds like most of the issues here stem from trying to reset Ahnonay. When both books are deleted & you link through the cathedral again, a new Age instance is created, but this new instance isn't assigned to the Ahnonay book on the Relto shelf :) As you suggested, this means you are actually accessing two different Ages; one from the cathedral and the other from the shelf. As you can imagine, this causes all kinds of other problems when trying to complete the Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:46 pm 

As a matter of interest, I got an email notification this morning of new stuff in this thread, but the link in the email served up this message: "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

I was able to do a search and find the correct thread, but I just wanted to mention what happened in case it happens to anyone else.

Hmmm...last night, I had a weird ticket experience, and now this. I sure hope my karma hasn't suddenly turned nasty regarding tech stuff! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Renfield wrote:
As a matter of interest, I got an email notification this morning of new stuff in this thread, but the link in the email served up this message: "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

Were you logged in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:33 pm 

That would be an affirmative, D'Lanor. In the Rehearsal Forums, I can't even get that far without logging in. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:10 pm 

With my main avie I battle the relentless quabs, and I deleated my Ahnonay book. Went back to watchers pub to start all over and I got rid of the quabs again but when I went to my relto I did not have a new book. Wondering if it is at all possible to get a new book. Playing with another avie I have not had any problems :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can't get a new book but you can undelete your old one. No Ahnonay bug will be fixed until next rehearsal though (after this one goes down).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Let's hope they scrub the vault of all the existing Ahnonay data, so we're not stumbling on bugs that are a result of bad vault data.

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 pm 

Maybe they could set up a preseve for the Wild Fearless Qwabs for future rehersal testers to visit, as an initiation, they could come to this "orphan" server and see the wildest of the wild bugs as we found them,

visit the Fearless Wild Qwabs in their own environemnt
Fall through the bridgtes in a de synched Gahreesn to be attacked by Gary
Experience fallng out of Teledahn in the avi eating elevator
Be stuck forever on the train ladder in a wild Er'canna

Wild Bugs We have Known and Loved :)

And Squashed :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

And don't forget the spider-man twitch from Beta! :twisted:

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:39 pm 

Or even better, maybe they could set up an alternate Uru for Live -- sort of like a Carnival Fun House Uru. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances!

I don't know about anyone else, but that would definitely be an incentive for me to sign up. Heh. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:27 pm 

cool Tofer, ya i forgot the spider man twitch....some called it the frog dance, i had that once was a funny one.....

cool idea Renfield, a Dangerous URU, ha! we go fearlessly in the face of these trecherous, devious, kiniving, underhanded, skulduggery minded, consarned, nefarious, infidel, unrepentant, didactic, pedantic, ornerous, carniverous, interferring, audacious, underhanded, rebellious, obnoxious, outlandish, absatritious, BUGS every day as testers, it would be only fair for innocent and happy go lucky regular explorers to face the torment we go through each day we go out the airlock.....never knowing if we will come back, and with what scars of battle and travail? Ah well, we can dream and in the meantime, can you hand me the burn cream and those two extra large bandages over there behind you? :) I ran into a nasty de synching bug again in a deserted corner of Er'canna. :)
"

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I thought I had encountered this bug the other day, but what happened to me seems to be a new variant I have not heard anyone else describe.

I was running my second oldest Rehearsal avie through Ahnonay. This was only my second Ahnonay attempt because I have been concentrating on the Live 8 content and some picky regression items. (I'm running behind schedule; what can I say? :roll: ) I was trying to follow the same exact path I used with my primary avatar, just to confirm that it worked as well as it did.

When I worked my way back around to Ahnonay 1 the first time, getting ready to link to the tower interior and shut off the current, the quabs were back. All of them. Uh oh, I thought. The fearless quab bug. I went to the tower anyway, turned off the current, touched the cloth in the maintenance complex and swam back to the main island. I thought I would try going around by the cathedral again, just in case the quabs were some kind of imaginary ghost quabs - I had chased them off before, after all.

But the spheres did not advance (multiple tries). So I approached the nearest quab, and it ran. It was not fearless. I chased all of them off again, and sure enough, I got to Ahnonay 2 via the Cathedral. There were no crystal trees. I linked to the Ahnonay 2 maintenance corridor - I was in the process of collecting the Relto page - hit the cloth there and linked back to the main island. Still no trees, BUT the radar thing in the middle showed that there was still one there somewhere, and the spheres would not advance, going through the Cathedral (multiple tries).

So I started stepping in crystal tree locations, one at a time, and checking the radar to see if the other blue light went away. On the second or third try, it did go away, and I was able to link to Ahnonay3.

My next step was to use the cloth link to get to the back room, but I crashed to desktop from Relto and quit for the night. I collected logs and images, but I don't think I submitted the ticket yet.

So my question is, has anybody else experienced the return of ordinary quabs, not fearless quabs, or returning crystal trees, visible or invisible?

My primary avie is dead-ended in 4, like everybody else, and I have not deleted any books or started any of my other avies on Ahnonay.

Apologies for the long post. :)

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next