It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
Yes there appear to be some lingeing issues with the KI i fear.

i entered a KI number for a new buddie last night and the KI said Player added but no name was added. No repeating worked.

Also a buddie long established WAS in the game and PM'd me via the KI but no name on the Buddy list until we were in the same age and then not right way, it took some time, eventually they showed up.

But that first one I tried to enter never did.

?? anyone else?

My buddies and neighbors lists work fine now. Even though Greypiffle and Katva were still having problems both of them displayed correctly for me.

Are you sure the number was correct? The Ki will say "player added" even if you throw random numbers at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:26 am 

Is there anyone on rehearsal right now? (its 19:26 Cavern Time on sunday september 2.) all of my lists show noone online at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:04 am 
Obduction Backer

I've been in and out all day regression testing with a new avatar... the few times I've bene to the city, I've seen other new avatars, so that is probably why you have not seen any of us online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:19 am 

D'Lanor I will check again, re the number, I did not know that it showed Player Added even if wrong, and as tor the avi who was a buddy who did not show up that could have been a lag issue as well, so i am not going to ticket it yet, as i remain hopeful that the fixes remain in place and strong.....

thanks for the tip on the name thing.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:26 am 

greypiffle wrote:
I've been in and out all day regression testing with a new avatar... the few times I've bene to the city, I've seen other new avatars, so that is probably why you have not seen any of us online.

Oh ok that must be it then (everyone on is using new avis) i did see two people show up tonight so the Ki isn't bugged after all i guess lol. (I just wanted to confirm before writing up a ticket but everything seems ok)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:46 am 

yes many of us are using new avis to regression test, at least i am ...

and i did check the KI again D'Lanor, and it did correctly accept and display three of Kerryth's avis, just have one more that i am checking on that did not show up but nothing definite about that yet....will keep an eye on it, overall i do belive the KI is working right now... :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I haven't seen anyone for 3 days now. I have a Kl and buddy list up, but no-one at all is around according to Kl. I frankly don't believe it. There are quiet times, but never no-one. Though I doubt that is grammatically correct....the problem is not restricted to Rehearsal. I have been in situations daily now, where I could not answer PM's nor see the person sending them on my buddy list. Logging off and back on interestingly produced the reverse situation. I could then see and PM my buddies, who could no longer see or PM me, since Kl insisted I was not in the game. For some strange reason, Kl mail does seem to work and an ad hoc system of PM and Kl mail reply seemed to get us along, but unless you were in the same age as a buddy, or they PM'd you first, there was no way to tell they were around. This is happening on both Rehearsal and Live. Which is a pity, because my Ahnonay is up the creek and I need a hand........ :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Everybody's Ahnonay is up the creek, but gregbert has requested that we leave it. Since it's not being released until live 9, bug fixes that Cyan already has weren't included in the last update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:37 am 

I'm right now getting messages from you Julia that I can't reply to, as you're not online.

I've a suggestion, could people pop in to Kirel frequently to get their name on the board showing that they are, or have been, around? (It is currently showing 19 visits in the last 24 hours)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I'm right now getting messages from you Julia that I can't reply to, as you're not online.
If the KI is still giving problems, I think this has to be ticketed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:23 pm 

Yes Julia, sorry about yourr communication challenges, the KI appears to be corrected but if you are having those difficulties, which are identical to the pre fix problems we all had, then something is amiss.....i wonder if someehow, and the tech wise testers among us will need to speak to this, i wonder if somehow you got an incomplete download on the update.... an incomplete down on the up as it were, and so your KI did not get the complete files to be fixed? tho i did have one instance of a buddy not appearing when in, overall things have been inproved and buddies I had or added all seem to appear when they are in now....

I will make a habit of popping into Kirel at start and during my testing now good suggestion :)

I wish there were a short term builiten board we could stick "deitial post its' on :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is an intermittent bug still present on the KI. When you add someone from the age into your buddy list, they sometimes appear online in your Age list and offline in the buddy list. Once they link out of the age, the Buddy list shows them online.
A couple of us have ticketed it, but if you run into the problem, please dumplogs and ticket as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 am 

D"Lanor, you were right :) that Avi number i was trying to enter was incorrect i was able to get it onto the Buddy list on my KI correctly tongiht. thanks ...and i wanted to confirm that worked . :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

thankyou greypiffle for backing me up. I did have logs and sent them, but then got the reply that said there were log problems and to resubmit the bug report when they were fixed. The only problem being not seeing anyone around to check the circumstances with since. Some of my Rehearsal friends Skype on secondary computers while they are playing to compare versions of what is happening (famous Jalak column view anomally, for example). I think I might do this too, because it would at least give another mode of communication. Kirel would notify someone that you were/had been in game, but not where you were, if the offline bug is still operational. The guild imager would take a Kl mail, but is not the place for communications which ought to be accessible through Kl. I tried to play Ahnonay in regression testing spirit, only. The only thing of interest being that I discovered at least one pioneering quab had learnt to swim.. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think we figured it out yesterday. You can not see players who logged in before you on the buddies or neighbors list until they link.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next