It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:48 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
I think we figured it out yesterday. You can not see players who logged in before you on the buddies or neighbors list until they link.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I have not tested this on Rehearsal, but that seems to be the case sometimes in Live. However, it does not happen all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've been wondering how to test this since I have hardly seen anybody on line the last few times I was in Rehearsal. I assumed it was because people are using new avatars (as I have been most of the time), but maybe it's more than that.

Last night I did not see another soul, in spite of spending almost 3 hours in Rehearsal. I did go to the Nexus and check populations, and everything public was pretty much empty. :(

Perhaps we should start making sure our new avatar KI numbers are on some list somewhere so we can at least add numbers to our buddy lists and do a better job of tracking these communication challenges from build to build. I know I've been very sloppy about it because these avatars are temporary, and I just make assumptions that people are regression testing. On the other hand, I have no idea how to contact people or see who's on during that phase of each rehearsal. It's like everybody just evaporates. And then I come on the forum and find out, hey, people are there; we just can't track each other.

Do we need to have a special thread each build for that build's KI #s? Just so people can maintain lines of communication?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
I think we figured it out yesterday. You can not see players who logged in before you on the buddies or neighbors list until they link.

Sorry, D'Lanor I cannot confirm that. When I got on with Gathmor yesterday Dot was already on and I could see her in my buddy list. But on the other hand Ivy who was on too at that time didn't appear on my buddy list until she linked.

Other thing I had later was Ivy vanishing from my buddy list although she was still on in the same age and shown on the buddy list before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Morgon wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:

Sorry, D'Lanor I cannot confirm that. When I got on with Gathmor yesterday Dot was already on and I could see her in my buddy list. But on the other hand Ivy who was on too at that time didn't appear on my buddy list until she linked.

Other thing I had later was Ivy vanishing from my buddy list although she was still on in the same age and shown on the buddy list before.

But linking always fixes it, right? That is what what I made bold and what I am trying to verify. I have a standard KI note titled "please link" which I send in these cases and it has never failed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
But linking always fixes it, right?

Yes, for the buddies not shown from start their linking fixed it yesterday :-) Sorry. I misread your sentence first :-)

Strange thing still is why some buddies are shown from the log in on and some not until they link. According to the logs all buddies are regsitered with the avie logged on and the info for all those players is fetched from the server but for some the server will not provide the age info during this fetch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Morgon wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:
But linking always fixes it, right?

Yes, for the buddies not shown from start their linking fixed it yesterday :-) Sorry. I misread your sentence first :-)

Well, I guess I was not that clear. :? Thanks for the confirmation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:43 am 

Kerryth wrote:
I've been wondering how to test this since I have hardly seen anybody on line the last few times I was in Rehearsal. I assumed it was because people are using new avatars (as I have been most of the time), but maybe it's more than that.

Last night I did not see another soul, in spite of spending almost 3 hours in Rehearsal. I did go to the Nexus and check populations, and everything public was pretty much empty. :(

Perhaps we should start making sure our new avatar KI numbers are on some list somewhere so we can at least add numbers to our buddy lists and do a better job of tracking these communication challenges from build to build. I know I've been very sloppy about it because these avatars are temporary, and I just make assumptions that people are regression testing. On the other hand, I have no idea how to contact people or see who's on during that phase of each rehearsal. It's like everybody just evaporates. And then I come on the forum and find out, hey, people are there; we just can't track each other.

Do we need to have a special thread each build for that build's KI #s? Just so people can maintain lines of communication?

I have had this too- nobody around on my Ki? for a long time- and nobody responds to me on chat- weird-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:08 am 

well, we may have more issues... apparently people are saying that the no logs are being generated at all, not even chat logs...

I never figured out how to start a chat log... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:40 am 

Captain Jack Harkness wrote:
well, we may have more issues... apparently people are saying that the no logs are being generated at all, not even chat logs...

I never figured out how to start a chat log... :(

You are right... not even chatlogs are created. This is very bad, especially for this episode, since it will be mainly story.

I am submitting an urgent ticket on this, and I hope everyone else does as well. Cyan, we need a hotfix for this, NOW.

(By the way, CJH, the commands are /startlog and /stoplog)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Ticketed as urgent
9757-QSZV-9799
I included a movie of me starting and stopping a log and a screenshot of my search for chat.0.log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Yep.
There's a Dutch saying: A donkey does not kick itself twice on the same stone. :cry: :? :twisted: :evil:

The support site is not reachable at the moment. :cry:
But I agree in the production environment this certainly has to be fixed immediately. It's a showstopper. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I am a bit confused with the release notes concerning the issue of the "communication problem" bug... wasn't it fixed? Or was it a partial fix for some cases?
I just had the bug in Live. Person who is on my buddy list didn't show as online, PMed me, and /reply gave me the "has left the game" error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:41 pm 

i hope over the hiatis, or however it is spelled, that chay rips the Ki out of the programme, and makes a new one. this ki is causing so many problems. and i hope we get another button on the key for starting and stopping logs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:15 pm 

ireenquench wrote:
I am a bit confused with the release notes concerning the issue of the "communication problem" bug... wasn't it fixed? Or was it a partial fix for some cases?
I just had the bug in Live. Person who is on my buddy list didn't show as online, PMed me, and /reply gave me the "has left the game" error.

Well, what we ended up with in Rehearsal IS a fix compared to what went before, when we couldn't pm anybody...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:12 pm 

Captain, the /startlog and /stoplog commands are fast and easy to type and do work when it is working quite well.....tho i dont often do such logs. I was going to check this last night but got waylaid by the update of the files, and then forgot to check when i was in there peeking around, did not see any new things on yet.....and now must rumble off to work. :)

I do hope the KI will work right, and maybe they can get a hot fix in before the episode starts. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next