It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:11 am 

UPDATE; I have some housekeeping i must do on my computer system, so i will have to sadly take a rain check in helping with the group test of er'canna, will try to see if i can help with it tomorrow, but today is off for me, and I will PM those who expressed an interest....thanks and sorry ....have fun if you want to carry on ....and i will catch up as i can.

Hi fellow testers, Renfield and I tested in Er'canna tongiht for a bit and there are some trouble areas for multiplayer if you want to take a break from Ahonnay, two places are the ladders on the train, avis using the ladder see each other in differnent states than they see themselvs, which seems to be a sych bug still......and also on the elevator in the factory, there were two of us on the elevator, and when i pushed the control to go up, my fellow tester fell out of the Age or started to, and Relto linked out. She saw the age texture breaking up ...so that also seems to be a synch bug alive and well in there. It would be good to get more data on this if you have time, since much of Er'canna seems ok, but these are possible trouble spots. I have heard of people having trouble with the traim on Live so there may be other difficulties even in single player, but we did not do much more tonight that I just described. Has anyone esle tried multi in Er'canna with this build? I will ticket these later, but wanted to share here.

Laundry List of Bugs in Er'canna to Hunt for:

1. Ladder bugs on Train
2. Multiplayer avis being de'synched from the Elevator in Factory
2. a. Possible effect of Control Room Settings on 2.
3. A cam lock on harvester controls only breakable by changing view between 1st and 3rd person coming back from the factory ...Kero :)
4. Falling out of the Age when walking on the Shuttle back to the Train from factory and changing view point 1st to 3rd.

(add yours and we will add to the Hunting List....)

I will reset my Er'canna and send invites to any who want to join us Friday after 6:00 PM Cyan time (cavern time, MST time) Include your desired KI# in a post here or PM me

Dr CrisGer 8 is KI 792305
We can try again on Saturday after 4:00 if you can't make Friday.

"We Build Worlds"

Last edited by CrisGer on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:08 pm 

Chris - I'll be available to help tomorrow (Friday) after 6pm Cavern time or Saturday after 4pm Cavern time. Let me know if you still want help. I'm at work so don't have my KI number handy. PM me or just post a time to meet in this thread.

Kero

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:30 pm 

For anyone who's interested, this is what I saw after CrisGer pressed the elevator button and before I Reltoed out:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Everything happened so quickly that it was the only clear shot I could get. :( I ticketed it last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:36 pm 

Great Kero, thanks, i will have some time this weekend and end of day friday too, so that would be good, i suspect we need to thump on Er'canna some more as there appear to be some bugs surviving in the nooks and crannies in there.. thanks

will give you a heads up when I can figger out my schedule, later today..at work m'self at moment, good old Work Age :)

Thanks for that piccy Renfield, i made a boo boo (highly technical tester term meaning a dumb goof :) ) and forgot to turn off the yellow oven circles in the control room so the elevator did not go all the way up, when it tossed poor Renfield into the abyss....so now we may need to test that again with the goof intact and then with the correct oven off settings. ah the joys of regression testing!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
...i made a boo boo (highly technical tester term meaning a dumb goof :) ) and forgot to turn off the yellow oven circles in the control room so the elevator did not go all the way up, when it tossed poor Renfield into the abyss....

But you don't make boo-boos, CrisGer. You just wanted to get rid of me!! Waaaaah! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer

I should be online about the same time on Friday. I've found a few "oldies" also surviving in Er'canna.
My main KI # 00076195
Anytime I'm online I'm usually available to you (or anyone) to help squish buggies, just let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 pm 

Great HenryM, thanks so much, bring your laundry list of "oldies but goodies" and we will try to squash them once and forever.....it would be great to do a clean sweep of Er'canna to bring it into line with the growing stablity and strength of the core ages......

Friday end of day sounds good for me, and now we have the promise of a working KI we are much more dangerous to Bugdom!

Renfield, an evil rumor! Do not believe it! The Bugs were totally to blame :)

I will start a "laundry list" on the opening post of bugs to look at.....

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:28 pm 

Here is one that is affecting me but maybe no one else....

I go to the pellet room via cloth then walk out of the factory back to the harvester. I'm in third person the whole time. I climb down the harvester ladder and as soon as my avi reaches the bottom the Camera goes back to looking at the harvester controls. It stays locked there no matter where my avi goes. I have to switch to 1st person to see where I'm going. :lol:

I've walked all the way to the start of the track but always, switching from 1st to 3rd the Camera goes back to looking at the harvester controls. The only way I've found to break the hold is to touch a cloth in 1st person. When I go back to 3rd the Camera is on me at the cloth.

I am experiencing this bug in both Rehearsal and Live. :roll:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:42 am 

cool Kero, lets see if that happens with your avi in my Er'canna and with others about, thanks i will add to the openning list

:)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:34 am 

Kero, I got the same bug this morning and submitted a ticket along with print screens. I noticed that when I climbed the cliffs that divid the valley in 3rd person I could see my avatar walking along as I moved.
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm 

I tried to reproduce what you were talking about Kero and what you had Queenlyidia after i tested for Gregbert's fix list, and so moved around and switched camera view from first to third and back as the shuttle was moving back down to the train from the factory last night after completing single player in Er'canna, and indeed i did fall our of the Age, saw the underneath of things and then reltoed out, so there is definitely some weakness in the structure of the age in that zone. we can try it tonight with whoever can come. thanks,

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:33 pm 

Neat queenlydia - I never thought to try climbing the cliffs. Will do that when I'm back on in Live - should make for some interesting pictures. :lol:

Chris - my Rehearsal KI number is 52637. I'll be looking for your invite when I log in. I'll be using my main avi as my test one for this build hasn't gotten to Er'cana yet. Hmmm, maybe a good test for that Camera bug would be to have my main avi come in and see if it can be reproduced in your Er'cana - then if it is, have my new one come in and see if she gets infected?

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:47 pm 

cool, ok, i am happy to send invites to both your avis, will do that when i get home later on, and renfield and HenryM can help out too, so we will have a nice test group....i reset the age last night so it will be nice and fresh for us, i thought we might run around a bit in the first area and check to see if we get any clipping, as that has been an issue in the past, in some places like by the pond. and try climbing the ridge etc....and anything else anyone wants to look for in the first area, check out the shell cloths, make sure they work for everyone, even tho they wont register in anyone else's book, check out the relto page on the plants, etc.

There was a white spot up in the sky a while ago, i havent looked for that recently ....

and then gang up on the train, the ladder was definitely buggy renfield and i got different views of each other doing the ladder, she saw me ON the ladder when I was on the ground, and I saw her on the ladder when SHE was on the ground, so cam synch...and Kero your bug with the camera lock on the ladder may mean there is an issue with the ladder and cam?? not sure, we can try....

then we can take the train to the factory, and work thru to the back part and then come back and check out your bug that you found and I got last night,

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

ChrisGer, either of my avvies would love to come and help, Julia is on 61439, the regressive version, Liriel is on 812810. Er'cana has plenty of bugs still. I have the 1p/3p captured view point on walking back across from the car to the train. I have managed to wave to myself in ant form, about as far away as I can get and still remain visible, a sort of surreal experience, if ever I had one. Once I got all the way back to the link in spot before I could get back my 1p view! I was miffed at not having a bad case of quabs like a some people, but really, how could I complain? Er'cana is full of bugs.....and the links from bahro caves... unspeakable...unlinkable, even. I want a sparkly on the Desktop Age, it seems only fair when I visit it so often. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:59 pm 

Cool Julia, thanks, I had to do maintenance on my compy if it feels good later today, i may try again, will post and see, where are u and what times are good for you? :)

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next