It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Looping Ahnonay?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 am 
Obduction Backer

For 2 days now my regression avatar has been trying to complete Ahnonay. However, there appears to be a problem preventing me getting into the tower.

The avvie does the usual procedure (yep done it before, and my main avvie had no problems)...gets to the cloth in Space Ahnonay, presses it, reltos out, heads down the corridor and links to Space Ahnonay runs around the island, links to the corridor and ends up in Water Ahnonay.She reltos out, pronto, and uses the shell journey in the Ahnonay book and whoo hoo..oh, hang about a bit...we're back in Space Ahnonay, staring at a cloth....

Deleting the books servera times has not made any change at all. We just loop between Space Ahnonay and Water Ahnonay. And yes, I did touch the shell journey on the tower in Myst Ahnonay. So many times I have blisters. Well, not really blisters, but the cloth is rather worn.

Any ideas anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 046#202046

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:38 am 

I finally got my regression Avie to complete by going for the Relto page first then going to A4 to complete. Strange things occurred but, it worked. :D :D
(and I finally got to the spyroom with this Avie the hard way, back and forth to the prison and guardroom via the 'long way round')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:50 pm 

Even following the correct steps when going between cathedral and relto and Ahonnay there will be times when the spheres do NOT rotate as they should I had two instances when it took two tries to get them to rotate, i did make it to the Relto page and will go back when I have time to finish the age with my new Build 8 test avi, for now I am working on regression testing and bug hunting......

and I got stuck in the same loop Julia try8ing to get to the tower in early testing in this build, after I had done checking the new things....

deleting the book in this current form of Ahonnay seems not to do much good i am afraid.....i will check my notes and confer with you later when I escape work age re what i may have done to get past this impasss....

and if you cant get to the dock for that relto page, i have one test avi with that link still current, for the dock w/ page and am happy to relto share with you so you can see what it looks like, quite lovely.... :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:54 pm 

I also had that
verry ahnonoying :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
deleting the book in this current form of Ahonnay seems not to do much good i am afraid.....
It makes things worse. You end up with two instances, neither of which work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:08 pm 

Several times now, I've had to repeat a sequence to get to the correct version of Ahnonay (e.g., link via the pedestal in Space version to the Cathedral, use the linking book there....oops, still Space version. Run back to the pedestal, etc. and it works. Go figure). It just doesn't always seem to register the first time. So if it doesn't work at first, try the sequence again.

I've only been able to get to the Relto page with one out of 3 avies so far - Ahnonay is really pretty gummed up right now. Needs a couple shots of WD40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:26 pm 

Cassie if you want to grab the page for any of your avis that cant make it, i have my latest test avi with that link active and can relto share you into my relto to grab it if you like, just send me KI and avi names and I will be happy to "host" this sharing.....
cheers

:)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:40 pm 

I've had nothing but problems with Ahnonay. [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:13 pm 

Kiril wrote:
I've had nothing but problems with Ahnonay. [/img]

Isn't that what we are here for - to find the problems? :lol: I would say you are doing your job Kiril - hope you are sending Support lots of tickets. :wink:

Anyone else agree with me that Ahnonay is definitly going to be kicking and screaming all the way to release? And maybe beyond? :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Kero wrote:
Anyone else agree with me that Ahnonay is definitly going to be kicking and screaming all the way to release? And maybe beyond? :lol:

I second that thought. :roll:

I just spent several hours and 12 CTDs following up for ResEng B. Dreschsel on the problem of Ahnonay crashing when my any of my regression avatars log in after my main avatar has been there.

Turns out those darn quabs with 'tude seem to be causing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:27 am 
Obduction Backer

That's an artifact then - creating one problem by trying to fix another.

Undelete your Ahnonay book from your relto. You'll go back to having one (buggy) instance then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aside the fact that to reach the end of Ahnonnay, meaning the 4th sphere with the link to the cave, was a pain, does anyone have completed the Age? Able to go to the cave to see the pellet arrive there? Because that's the only think that's left to me to acomplish there and never could due the constant "loading" circle screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

No. It's impossible for everyone. No Ahnonay fixes until next rehearsal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I finally got around to sending a second one of my rehearsal avatars to Ahnonay (I've been concentrating on regression), and I've had a whole new thing happen to me.

I'm carefully following the sequence that I know will work up until the Ahnonay4 dead end, that is, get the Relto page first, then follow the steps to the get to the "back room."

So when I got back to Ahnonay 1 after following the shell cloth sequence to get inside the tower, the quabs were back. (I had not been to the tower yet, just run around to get back to Ahnonay1.)

Uh oh, I thought. I've heard of this bug! But my quabs were responsive. I was able to chase them off the island. They weren't the "stuck" quabs others have reported. I chased two off and then linked to Relto to get into the tower. I turned off the current, swam to the back room to get the cloth there, then logged off for the night.

My plan is to
1. go back tonight and see if the quabs are still there
2. If they are, leave them there and see if I can advance the spheres as usual to get to the Relto cloth.
3. If the spheres don't advance, try chasing the quabs off again and then continue.
4. Document the whole deal for our friends at Cyan

Bugs galore! :D

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next