It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:22 am 

I have noticed a few bugs with the Sharing of the Barho stone in Er'cana.
1) it doesn't appear as if you can share the stone at first.
The second time I clicked on the stone the share symbol was there.

2) I was helping a hoody with their Er'cana and we got to the Bahro stone. They tried to share the book with me and it did not work. They got stuck with the old "book stuck in hand" bug. I thought this was fixed but they had to exit the game.

I'd like to get a log of this next time rehearsal comes back up... just to make sure they know it's still an issue. Of coarse it will probably work flawlessly in rehearsal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:44 am 

In #2 you say they tried to share the book with you. Did you mean stone? Because you're not supposed to be able to share the book. Just checking.

I encountered the missing share button problem with that stone a while back. It also happened with the Bahro stone in Ahnonay (but the link doesn't work anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:04 pm 

oops.. yep, I meant stone.
It was late and I was tired... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

There should not be a share symbol on the stone. It is a sub age link (like the book), which means everybody will automagically end up in the same instance anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

I thought that all stones had Yeesha's mandala on them now. With that in mind, the stone in the hood (linking book room) takes you to your own 'hood instance of Ae'gura, no matter which hood you are in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I thought that all stones had Yeesha's mandala on them now. With that in mind, the stone in the hood (linking book room) takes you to your own 'hood instance of Ae'gura, no matter which hood you are in.

That is a child age link. Currently the only age to have child ages is the neighborhood but in theory any age can have child ages (although in fact it only makes sense for ages with multiple owners).

It is easy to confuse the type of link with the linking object but they are not necessarily related. And I must admit that the Er'cana bahro stone had me confused at first too.

Actually there is a wide range of potential mixing and matching of linking rules (instancing) and ownership as someone (I believe it was Maratonos)pointed out (unfortunately his model is quite wrong in some aspects).
Some time ago I started a document that sums up the possible combinations. I have yet to put it in some kind of schematic form. Nevertheless, several members of The Meeting Place have seen this document and told me it was understandable and not geekish at all. I think they were just trying to humor me though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:07 pm 

Thanks for the info D'lanor. Now that I know the stone is not supposed to have a share on it at all I know which bug report to write when Rehearsal opens and I can get a log.
The failure of the sharing was probably because this stone is not supposed to be shared in the first place. May still report this one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
Some time ago I started a document that sums up the possible combinations. I have yet to put it in some kind of schematic form. Nevertheless, several members of The Meeting Place have seen this document and told me it was understandable and not geekish at all. I think they were just trying to humor me though. :wink:

Is document this available anywhere?

I think I get the most ordinary cases of City instancing and other "child" ages of neighborhoods. It's the exceptions around the edges that still defy my understanding, and Er'cana sub-ages or child ages or whatever they are. I have a hunch it is going to be important to comprehand all this a lot better with respect to Ahnonay, which is complicated enough. (I still do not get the mechanics of Ahnonay, to my great frustration! :evil: If I stray off the sequence that I know works, I become utterly tangled and lost.)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
Is document this available anywhere?

The draft was published on The Meeting Place forum which is only accessible to registered members, but I just posted it on the MOUL forum here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hero, you remember this bug, right?

It was weirder when Er'cana was first opened in rehearsal.
We tried to use the share on the bahro stone... it failed, but I somehow ended up with a personal instance of the pelletBahroCave, to which I could send invites. :shock:

It was logged and ticketed, but it would appear that the share symbol remains. :?

though it did get the response:
Quote:
Hey Brendan,

I have no clue what's going on with this one, :)
so we've got it added into the database with your logs, thanks much!

M.Dogherra
URU Live Support Team

I don't know if there's still anyone around with invites to the PBC, I know I sent one to Ramses DeGroot, because he helped with the logging.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]