It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 pm 

I just went for a little journey around live to see if some old bugs have been fixed, particulary,
Time spent idling in game, causes the game to desync, causing the game to crash. (Been a bug since day one)

Picking up markers when on subworld components.

Avatar transparency cancelling out transparent textures.

Meshes missig faces or meshes not aligned properly in Er'Cana.

So while I was in Europe, was there any mention on a timeline to fix at least those first three, as they REALLY are overdue to be fixed!

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Grogyan wrote:
Time spent idling in game, causes the game to desync, causing the game to crash. (Been a bug since day one)

Never happens to me and I am a known idler (avatar parking in Relto or Er'cana for many hours). A bug that happens to only a few people is not likely to have a high priority.

Grogyan wrote:
So while I was in Europe, was there any mention on a timeline to fix at least those first three, as they REALLY are overdue to be fixed!

I am sure Cyan has a list of priorities for all the bugs we reported. I am also sure that we will not get to see that list. Although I would not mind to be proven wrong here. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:49 am 

Well i'll be writing up new reports for them, during Rehearsal testing.

I also noticed that earlier today, with my high speed modem on Live, that if you go more than one rotation around the crack, and then try and jump out, you are more likely to never succeed - syncing issue.
Idling, or playing around in the game, after a period of time causes the client to desync with the server - maybe happens to players outside of the US and Canada only, yet to be verified.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I also noticed that earlier today, with my high speed modem on Live, that if you go more than one rotation around the crack, and then try and jump out, you are more likely to never succeed - syncing issue.
Cumulative latency, I expect.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
Grogyan wrote:

Never happens to me and I am a known idler (avatar parking in Relto or Er'cana for many hours). A bug that happens to only a few people is not likely to have a high priority.

The idling bug happens to me all the time, both on rehearsal and live. I keep reporting it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:56 pm 

There are some bugs I've reported a whole bunch of builds ago that haven't been fixed yet. Granted, they aren't exactly show-stoppers. :)

A couple of examples would be blobby rain in Kemo (ticketed April 5th and several times afterward), and strange lights in the water in Gira (ticketed March 6th and several times afterward).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm planning to do an all singing all dancing bug list once this release goes to live, a full regression test of everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I guess we all have some bugs that only affect us or flaws we see that nobody else notices.

Personally I would like to see the water in Er'cana for longer than the occasional flash of a second. Especially now that I know my system can handle the water in Ahnonay fine in high quality mode.

The Er'cana water is not different from water elsewhere in the game so how hard can it be to fix it? Yet somehow I don't think they will for just me and 1 or 2 others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:06 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Broken JPGs (4-byte header).

No landing animation or sound.

Num lock. (technically not a bug, but just as annoying as one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

They said that num-lock was disabled on purpose as those keys were assigned elsewhere by the software, so I doubt that there will ever be a fix for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
They said that num-lock was disabled on purpose as those keys were assigned elsewhere by the software, so I doubt that there will ever be a fix for it.

Not quite but close enough. The numpad keys are not assigned but numlock was disabled so that one could assign them.

This is still number one on my MOUL annoyance list. If I was a first time MOUL player this would definately put me off and I would never touch the game again. I normally do not trust programs that think they can mess with my keyboard.

On top of that the reasoning behind the argument is flawed. Any person who wishes to assign a function to the numpad will already have numlock disabled as their default.

And that brings me to another one... It is still impossible to start a chat sentence with a z.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't think I have ever attempted to begin a chat with the letter z. Who knew?

This desyncing problem. - does it have any pre-crash symptoms? I'm still trying to find out what causes my "jittery" avatar problem (only in Rehearsal, never in Live; only on my new computer since I got it in February). Leaving the game idle for more than a few minutes is almost guaranteed to bring it on. Updating drivers, changing graphics settings - nothing helps short of rebooting. The only thing that seems to delay the deterioration is staying out of certain other programs, especially Firefox.

Interestingly, after months and pretty much giving up on trying to find either a cause or a fix, I am having a lot less of this in 9. :?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
I'm still trying to find out what causes my "jittery" avatar problem

This maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

These are a few of the ones I include in my regression test cycle and re-ticket.

The storm effects in Eder Kemo are still not synchronized correctly for me.

I still get the Teledahn Ladder Down bug once in a while.

Sometimes the harvester controls in Er'cana still don't let me walk away.

Sometimes I'm invisible when I link in in 3rd person and have to switch back and forth to make myself re-appear.

The GZM on the palace rooftop in Ae'gura doesn't turn visible when you link in, but you hear the sound and the KI indicates the marker is present. You have to walk out of range and come back to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
And that brings me to another one... It is still impossible to start a chat sentence with a z.

Now that's a total odd thing. I always map the z key for my jump button. That way I can type messages with the left hand and use the mouse in the right to move. I had never noticed that it was a global thing. Has it always been that way?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next