It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ahnonay Maintenance Area
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:57 am 

I have been unable to get the Ahnonay maintenance hatch to open. Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:18 am 
Obduction Backer

ARe you in 4?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:18 am 
Obduction Backer

i can not even get to sphere 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

They've changed the path.

I started in 4 with my original avatar, but once I got out I couldn't get back (I think her Ahnonay book needs to be deleted)

Second avatar hasn't been to 4 yet, so I'm still looking for the way. The door switch only worked in 4 before.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:51 am 

the switch at the tower is missing ... in dunno how to get in sphere 4 too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:54 am 

Kerryth wrote:
ARe you in 4?

Nope. Can't get there. Every one of the maintenance hatch handles I could get to just made the regular clanking noise and the door did not open. I can get to the storm Yeesha page now though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Here's a theory: You need someone else to help you solve Ahnonay. I'm going to try having someone in Ahnonay 1 use the Cathedral linking book while I'm in the back control room - that should rotate me. I'll touch the shell cloth back there, then I'll pull the lever near the door to rotate the world back. If I link out to Relto, then link back to Ahnonay via the marker, I should be in control room 4.

EDIT: That's did the trick! I'm in control room 4 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:36 am 

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:
Here's a theory: You need someone else to help you solve Ahnonay. I'm going to try having someone in Ahnonay 1 use the Cathedral linking book while I'm in the back control room - that should rotate me. I'll touch the shell cloth back there, then I'll pull the lever near the door to rotate the world back. If I link out to Relto, then link back to Ahnonay via the marker, I should be in control room 4.

EDIT: That's did the trick! I'm in control room 4 now.

While that solution may work for multi, it DOES NOT work for single players, and this age was NOT listed as a multi-player required age. Thus there should be a single player solution to this problem. There are going to be a LOT of unhappy explorers out there if Cyan removed the one and only single player solution available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:12 am 

I agree, i enjoy some mutli player, but it is quite necesary imho to respect the single player option equally. :) will see how things develope with research into solutions.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:35 am 

Here is an explanation of why this works... for those who are still very, very confused.

(After more testing, the single player doesn't work - the time it worked for me was a combination of other circumstances - including another player :P)

Last edited by Kevin8020 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:40 pm 

Can't for the life of me conquer the single-player. Please post if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:02 am 

Romer Openfield wrote:
Can't for the life of me conquer the single-player. Please post if you can.

Getting to sphere 4 without the help of another player is impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:14 am 

I guess Cyan is embracing the multi-player aspect of an MMO...you know... sure it may bite that you can't solve Ahnonay single player now but I seem to be in the minority since I do not see that a problem with Myst Online: Uru Live

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanakar wrote:
I guess Cyan is embracing the multi-player aspect of an MMO...you know... sure it may bite that you can't solve Ahnonay single player now but I seem to be in the minority since I do not see that a problem with Myst Online: Uru Live

Minority? I don't think so. I too would love to be able to do it solo. I've seen plenty of posts from others who would also.

Maybe us loner types can co-operate amongst ourselves to get this done (if in fact it's policy, not a bug, as I've read in other forum posts).

Monday may well reveal all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:53 am 

Latharion wrote:
While that solution may work for multi, it DOES NOT work for single players, and this age was NOT listed as a multi-player required age. Thus there should be a single player solution to this problem. There are going to be a LOT of unhappy explorers out there if Cyan removed the one and only single player solution available.

Correction, Ahnonay was ORIGNALLY intended to be multiplayer prior to Prologue being cancelled!
When Cyan began actually working on the content (which wasn't actually started prior to Prologue being cancelled I think, I wasn't in the original closed beta), they had to rethink their approach to make it single player for their expansion pack.

I know its hard to think that it was intended to be multiplayer from the start, especially when we all have played it single player, and this is an MMOG and as such we (meaning everyone including those on Live) need to be prepared to accept that multiplayer puzzles will pop up without notice.

I for one am glad to see multiplayer puzzles slowly trickling in, as I had submitted two when we got the alpha of Er'Cana, neither of them got in.

Its certainly a lot better than Delin and Tsogal, when you realised that the Aged is best done with 7 people, that was hard, now all you need is just one bud. And yes I am a loner by nature too hence I am ebracing the multiplayer facet of the game.

Its even easier in Rehearsal, as there is nearly always someone you can call on for help, just call up your recent list.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next