It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Correction, Ahnonay was ORIGNALLY intended to be multiplayer prior to Prologue being cancelled!
Yes! That's the point of the 625 unit time travel from dropping the pellet to getting to the cave. Original intent was always that someone dropped the pellet in Er'cana for someone else to see in the bahro pellet cave.

Teknobubba, Thanakar said that he was probably in the minority not having a problem with Ahnonay being multiplayer only. You can add me to that minority. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:38 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
Correction, Ahnonay was ORIGNALLY intended to be multiplayer prior to Prologue being cancelled!
Yes! That's the point of the 625 unit time travel from dropping the pellet to getting to the cave. Original intent was always that someone dropped the pellet in Er'cana for someone else to see in the bahro pellet cave.

Teknobubba, Thanakar said that he was probably in the minority not having a problem with Ahnonay being multiplayer only. You can add me to that minority. :D

I too like the switch to multiplayer. When I heard about Uru the thing that excited me the most was the chance to do puzzles that required more than just me to solve.

Now, the single player people can go on and on about how it isn't fair to people who like to do things alone, but if they can do that then I can complain that it isn't fair to people like me who wanted multiplayer ages, for them to keep coming out with single player ages to please the people who don't want to interact with others. Where's the love for the people like me?

I'd like to see a few more ages like Ahnonay has become. An age where you and another explore and work together to finish the puzzle. Delin and Tsogal were nice, but it's just too hard to find so many people to finish the age. Jalak isn't a puzzle, it's multiplayer, but there's nothing to solve.

Ahnonay is awesome, and I hope to see more ages like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:29 pm 

It's nice to state our involved opinions here, and I've noticed that they've grown much more supportive of the current solution once everyone began to understand how it worked.

I would hope that Cyan has done its market research to determine what experience the majority of explorers prefer.

Thanks for the solutions. I am still not clear on the rotation and the cloths stuff and how they interact, etc.. I am particularly concerned about how someone with no foreknowledge will figure out the puzzle once they link to the Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I am particularly concerned about how someone with no foreknowledge will figure out the puzzle once they link to the Age.
It wasn't called the evil Ahnonay in PotS for nothing. It's a very steep learning curve, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hands remember locations in time, shells remember locations in space.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:06 pm 

I agree with that, certainly. It's a Age with real value unto itself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2